TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

14 hours ago, textaz03 said:

lol maybe cheated death lol. Nasty car accident (roll over) where he had to be extracted. Apparently multiple leg injuries

The accident happened just up the street from the house I have in L.A. That particular patch of road on Hawthorne Blvd. is notorious for car accidents. It’s a windy patch of road heading downhill at a pretty steep slope. The speed limit is 45mph, but people often drive it at 70+. The accidents happen because vehicles accelerate so fast in that spot and the drivers often lose control and crash.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Friend of mine made some ghost pepper salsa and convinced me to give it a try last night...... we aren’t friends anymore. 

Austin Powers Lava GIF

Ugh. I love spicy food, but I usually stop at habaneros and Scotch bonnets. 300,000 scoville is enough heat for me. Anything hotter results in the gif you posted.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

Ugh. I love spicy food, but I usually stop at habaneros and Scotch bonnets. 300,000 scoville is enough heat for me. Anything hotter results in the gif you posted.

Oh, it was way over the top of what I like. Like spicy food too, but this wasn’t it. He admitted afterwards it was a little doctored up.

I can laugh about it now, but tbh, I was rather pi$$ed at the time and definitely at 2am this morning when all hell broke loose on my insides.

12 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Oh, it was way over the top of what I like. Like spicy food too, but this wasn’t it. He admitted afterwards it was a little doctored up.

I can laugh about it now, but tbh, I was rather pi$$ed at the time and definitely at 2am this morning when all hell broke loose on my insides.

I bet. And I know what it’s like to have your insides wake you up at 2 or 3am, knowing the hell that is on the way. It’s a horrible experience.

10 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Friend of mine made some ghost pepper salsa and convinced me to give it a try last night...... we aren’t friends anymore. 

Austin Powers Lava GIF

Lmao! Ghost Pepper, Carolina Reaper or Habanero and the 3 to stay away from if you can’t handle the heat!!  

• Like 1

Back in the late 90’s when I was still in the Navy, one of my Senior Chiefs used to make his own salsa and hot sauces. His primary ingredient was habanero’s. Being from down south I knew better. I’d take a chip and just dunk it a little and shake off the access. A buddy of mine from West Virginia was like you, he was the daredevil and didn’t give 2 ****s lol. He took several chips and took some big ole scoops of the hot sauce and salsa. Big mistake lol, ended up with 2nd degree chemical burns on his esophagus and stomach. Had a violent reaction to it. Needless to say he found out real quick not to mess with peppers of that magnitude 

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

Class A or B?  I miss driving trucks. OTR was the **** back in the day before all these new regulations 

I remember as a youngster, pre-teen years, I would tag a long with my uncle, cousin an another one of my uncles during the summer when they had a load to pick up or deliver. Fun times seeing the open road. Freaking out about seeing my uncles switching seats without pulling over. One would sleep an the other would drive an vice versa. Nowadays no chance

On 2/24/2021 at 4:26 PM, textaz03 said:

Lmao! Ghost Pepper, Carolina Reaper or Habanero and the 3 to stay away from if you can’t handle the heat!!  

Habaneros are mild compared to ghost peppers and Carolina reapers. If anyone has ever had the hot links at Hutchins BBQ in McKinney (or Frisco), then you’ve eaten habaneros because they put those peppers in the hot links. They’re my favorite hot links on the surface of the Earth.

Went down a little rabbit hole on Champ Bailey after seeing the Georgia corners had their pro day today.

His last year at Georgia, he played 95% of ALL snaps, offense, defense, and special teams, had over 1,000 all purpose yards, 5 TDs, and 3 INTs. And then he ran a 4.28 40 with a 42” vertical leap during draft testing.

An absolute animal. That was a little before I started following the draft. What a prospect.

• Like 1