TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

The city vibe between Austin and Dallas is pretty insane though. Austin you wear flipflops to work and if your employer is cool you can bring your dog. 

Dallas is suit, tie and a fake rolex. 

Guess I need to go to Austin to see how I like it

16 hours ago, D82 said:

I really like the Dallas area, especially the outskirts. Want to try and talk him into moving up that way, but with his job I'm not sure we could (though he could get a job doing something similar up that way, just wouldn't be as easy/convenient). 

I have property in McKinney, which is developing pretty rapidly, but still has some open spaces. You can go a little further north to Melissa, which has tons of rural space.

15 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

The city vibe between Austin and Dallas is pretty insane though. Austin you wear flipflops to work and if your employer is cool you can bring your dog. 

Dallas is suit, tie and a fake rolex. 

LOL! Dude, you nailed it!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I have property in McKinney, which is developing pretty rapidly, but still has some open spaces. You can go a little further north to Melissa, which has tons of rural space.

That’d work a little better. Need room for kids, dogs/kennel, and horses. 

2 hours ago, D82 said:

That’d work a little better. Need room for kids, dogs/kennel, and horses. 

If you want to be a little closer to Plano or Richardson, then you can also look at the city of Wylie. It’s the east side of the north Dallas suburbs. I haven’t been out that way in a good bit, but it was pretty rural the last time I headed that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

?

They're advising people to set their thermostats to 78º to conserve energy. This after saying they were set to handle the heat, but not the cold during those winter storms that they saw coming.