TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

Pretty sure Houston is the move. My money goes so much further there. 

Hell, I already got tickets to the Jaguars @ Houston week 1. And let me tell you guys; tickets for Texans games are a breath of fresh air compared to what I’ve been spending at ATT.

I got Row 1 visitors side at about the 30. I can probably smell Trevor Lawrences’ conditioner. I’d be stuck in the corner of the endzone row 20 at ATT for these prices 

Edited by DaBoys

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

Didn't you just leave Montgomery County....sorta? 😋😝 

Lol Allegany to be exact...this Montgomery County is a lot nicer. Lots of lots with land for sale...just need to hurry up and get my Masters and land a sweet tech gig 😂

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Hell, I already got tickets to the Jaguars @ Houston week 1. And let me tell you guys; tickets for Texans games are a breath of fresh air compared to what I’ve been spending at ATT.

I got Row 1 visitors side at about the 30. I can probably smell Trevor Lawrences’ conditioner. I’d be stuck in the corner of the endzone row 20 at ATT for these prices 

Yeah...I was looking at maybe getting tickets to see a game at AT&T...forget that 🤣

• Like 1

The people that can regularly spend Jerrys’ ticket prices are not football fans imo. I’ve spent the requisite cash to sit close to the field(bought the tickets from T_O7 then paid full price for the same tix the next year bc I liked them sm)  at Jerry world. A elderly lady asked me to sit down once, and I was told to “lower it down” on 3rd down. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I’m wearing a Cowboys Jersey to Texans games for the foreseeable future 

If you move to Houston, you'll only be like...an hour away. Have to grab a drink and watch the game or something sometime. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Texans are like the only team in the NFL struggling to sell tickets this year, I would assume the prices are pretty cheap.

20 hours ago, DaBoys said:

The people that can regularly spend Jerrys’ ticket prices are not football fans imo. I’ve spent the requisite cash to sit close to the field(bought the tickets from T_O7 then paid full price for the same tix the next year bc I liked them sm)  at Jerry world. A elderly lady asked me to sit down once, and I was told to “lower it down” on 3rd down. 

The closer you go, the more it sucks in ATT. Real fans are further back or higher up, imo. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:
17 hours ago, D82 said:

If you move to Houston, you'll only be like...an hour away. Have to grab a drink and watch the game or something sometime. 

Absolutely 

Ive heard these lies. Dont trust him, Des.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2021 at 2:55 PM, DaBoys said:

Basically because the improvements on my property are sub par and I’m ready for a big boy home. I mean, I was a first time home buyer in my 20s with very limited options. I chose this place because it had 8+ acres and a site built home. But the place was a dump. It was always supposed to be a live-in-flip. And with the market the way it is, I slapped makeup on the pig and put it up. I’m looking to capitalize on the market by moving to an area/market that isn’t quite as crazy as Austin is. Sell in Austin buy in Houston. Houston sucks but I wanna live in a nice house by a golf course for $450k. You can’t do that in Austin. 

45 miles from DT Austin 

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/403-Pine-Valley-Loop-Smithville-TX-78957/84376409_zpid/

The drawbacks that Houston has are pretty big, and obvious. The summers are rough, you have to deal with flooding and Hurricanes. If you are an outdoorsy person, like me, there aren’t many great accessible options.

But peel back the onion, and I really think it’s one of the more underrated American cities. Tons to do, amazing food scene, super affordable, diverse and (mostly) friendly population, endless professional opportunities, strong universities, really nice parks, great winters, close access to Austin, Dallas, New Orleans, Galveston, and hill country, growing in a much more sustainable way than Austin, etc.

I love it here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The drawbacks that Houston has are pretty big, and obvious. The summers are rough, you have to deal with flooding and Hurricanes. If you are an outdoorsy person, like me, there aren’t many great accessible options.

But peel back the onion, and I really think it’s one of the more underrated American cities. Tons to do, amazing food scene, super affordable, diverse and (mostly) friendly population, endless professional opportunities, strong universities, really nice parks, great winters, close access to Austin, Dallas, New Orleans, Galveston, and hill country, growing in a much more sustainable way than Austin, etc.

I love it here.

It's worn off for me. 

The traffic is downright horrible, not to mention they love to start a construction project on the highway before one area is finished causing even more backlog. Feels like it rains here more than it did in Maryland which I was trying to get away from. I definitely don't know if I want to stay in Texas...at least Galveston/Houston area for much longer. 

39 minutes ago, D82 said:

It's worn off for me. 

The traffic is downright horrible, not to mention they love to start a construction project on the highway before one area is finished causing even more backlog. Feels like it rains here more than it did in Maryland which I was trying to get away from. I definitely don't know if I want to stay in Texas...at least Galveston/Houston area for much longer. 

Houston sucks unless you just love the mega-city vibe. Obviously just my opinion, but its probably my least favorite big Texas city. 

That said, there is a TON of diversity/job opportunities/education/etc. So it has that going for it. 

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Houston sucks unless you just love the mega-city vibe. Obviously just my opinion, but its probably my least favorite big Texas city. 

That said, there is a TON of diversity/job opportunities/education/etc. So it has that going for it. 

Oh no doubt - it's growing...just at a rate that they can't really keep up with. I don't hate some of the surrounding areas (The Woodlands, Conroe, most of Montgomery County, etc. are pretty nice)...I think I'm just over Galveston 😆

On 7/12/2021 at 5:27 PM, D82 said:

Oh no doubt - it's growing...just at a rate that they can't really keep up with. I don't hate some of the surrounding areas (The Woodlands, Conroe, most of Montgomery County, etc. are pretty nice)...I think I'm just over Galveston 😆

Katy is a really nice city as well. It’s west of Houston. Even though we aren’t in that area, wife and I thought about buying a house in The Woodlands just because we like that area so much.