TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

hi guys. Roughly 1 3/4 years ago I said I had to handle some personal issues and it would take about 2 years. I am all well again and am back, albeit in very limited capacity for now. at the time I left there were a lot of kind words and farewells, and thank you for all of them. Coach is back though, and hopefully we will enjoy some chatter again. And lots of good debates. Where’s htfryar, daboys,Matt’s and anyone else I can remember? You guys still stinkin up the joint? ;)

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Oh yeah I remember you buddyz what’s up

Not much man just getting back into the habit of posting on here. Been missing in action for quite some time myself. Glad to have you back and doing well it sounds like. 

11 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

hi guys. Roughly 1 3/4 years ago I said I had to handle some personal issues and it would take about 2 years. I am all well again and am back, albeit in very limited capacity for now. at the time I left there were a lot of kind words and farewells, and thank you for all of them. Coach is back though, and hopefully we will enjoy some chatter again. And lots of good debates. Where’s htfryar, daboys,Matt’s and anyone else I can remember? You guys still stinkin up the joint? ;)

Really glad to see this! Welcome back!

26 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Thanks for the kind words guys it's great to be able to get at things again. It's been a long time. Crazy to return to normal when normal has become so...abnormal. craziness! Especially in nyc here.

Welcome back broski.

Fellas I need some life advice. I'm thinking of doing a career switch. My accounting job pays well but honestly sitting at a desk is draining the life out of me.

Thinking of going into bartending? I love talking and meeting people so I think that's why my accounting profession is killing me.

Anyone of the older guys want to share thier advice? I'm 25

5 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Fellas I need some life advice. I'm thinking of doing a career switch. My accounting job pays well but honestly sitting at a desk is draining the life out of me.

Thinking of going into bartending? I love talking and meeting people so I think that's why my accounting profession is killing me.

I would try bartending on the weekends or at scheduled events before quitting the day job. just to see if you like it. In my experience, bartending hasn’t been as fun as bar going. 
Not sure what it’s like in Canada but here in Texas you have to start out as a door guy or bar back before working your way up to bartender. Nobody really gets a bartending job with no experience within the company unless you have some nice tatas. 

Edited by DaBoys

11 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

A bar job during these pandemic times?? Not sure if that's a wise choice given the circumstances 

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I would try bartending on the weekends or at scheduled events before quitting the day job. just to see if you like it. In my experience, bartending hasn’t been as fun as bar going. 
Not sure what it’s like in Canada but here in Texas you have to start out as a door guy or bar back before working your way up to bartender. Nobody really gets a bartending job with no experience within the company unless you have some nice tatas. 

You know what you need to do @canadaluvsdallas. Get some plastic surgery for some massive boobs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

You aren’t going to want to tend bar forever, man.

No knock on bartenders, but you have a good job now. When you are 30+, and want to start a family or have your evening and weekends back or just get tired of it, you’ll have a hard time getting back into corporate world. So go into sales or marketing or HR or be a vendor for a booze company. Anything that keeps you as a professional.

If you really need to sow some wild oats, wait until coronavirus is over, take a gap year in Europe, and bartend/wait your way around. 

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

You aren’t going to want to tend bar forever, man.

No knock on bartenders, but you have a good job now. When you are 30+, and want to start a family or have your evening and weekends back or just get tired of it, you’ll have a hard time getting back into corporate world. So go into sales or marketing or HR or be a vendor for a booze company. Anything that keeps you as a professional.

If you really need to sow some wild oats, wait until coronavirus is over, take a gap year in Europe, and bartend/wait your way around. 

Yeah, may consider saving $10-30k and opening your own bar? Or liquor store if you don’t want the risk

• Like 1

Opening your own bar is a nightmare in Florida. We have a limited number of liquor licenses allocated per year.

Do not recommend unless you've been in the industry and truly passionate about it. 

15 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

If you love talking to people...looking into a head-hunting firm and intern there.