TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

On 8/28/2021 at 9:26 AM, D82 said:

The fiancé is looking at buying the electric F-150 in a year or two. Have to let us know how that one handles. 

Ive had an f150 off and on since ~2013 (?). Ive bought and sold 3 of them. 

Pros: In Texas trucks retain crazy value, so it feels like I have always gotten a great deal. All of mine have been amazingly built. Not 1 single issue, just oil changes.

Con: I dislike vehicles that big. Its grown on me over the years. Its amazing on road trips. But while in chicago I could barely get into the parking garage. Seriously like an inch from scraping on the roof. Its tooooo big. 

9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I have FIVE 30 day all access guest passes to The Athletic.

If you’re interested shoot me a PM with your email address and I’ll send you the link.

Are they going to expire? I can always use one the next time we need to get one of their articles, but I rarely go to the site.

Edited by Matts4313

40 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Bah Humbug. The MAverick I ordered is like 6 months delayed..... Back up plan I am considering:

8fcfcd2307d3b5984c399fbe5a4d1a56x.jpg

I work for a power sports store in McCall Idaho, so I feel your pain on the backorders! stock is horrible to get!! But I've met and Sold to some pretty cool people, I've sold snowmobiles to Matt Paridis, Drew Bledsoe, and Leightons Dad.

• Like 1

So, I finally got a new truck.  I fully intended on getting the ram trx but ended up walking out with the Ram 1500 ecodiesel limited.  So far I’ve been happy with it.  I’m getting ~25 mpg in the city.  
78814500_10156018371354364_2194927682112

I still prefer the GMC body, the Ram interior is awesome!  
2021_ram_ram_1500_pickup_dashboard.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

So, I finally got a new truck.  I fully intended on getting the ram trx but ended up walking out with the Ram 1500 ecodiesel limited.  So far I’ve been happy with it.  I’m getting ~25 mpg in the city.  
78814500_10156018371354364_2194927682112

I still prefer the GMC body, the Ram interior is awesome!  
2021_ram_ram_1500_pickup_dashboard.jpg

I looked at those yesterday while testing the Gladiator. The refresh that Ram did on their trucks is bananas. I feel like even just a few years ago when I bought my F150 that the Rams were not ideal due to the interior and technology. Now they are basically like driving a rolls royce if you get the top of the line package. 

Congrats!

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Whoa, just had a wild email. I have been talking to this dude about buying his boat and he just shot me an email stating that he can not accept my offer because his wife died today in a swimming accident; I assume involving the boat. 

Crazy weird.  I wonder if we’ll end up seeing this guy on dateline nbc… “He said it was boating accident.  He said the recent life insurance policy in her name was a coincidence.”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Whoa, just had a wild email. I have been talking to this dude about buying his boat and he just shot me an email stating that he can not accept my offer because his wife died today in a swimming accident; I assume involving the boat. 

So…..seems fairly obvious his wife was the one forcing him sell his boat and now that problem has been solved.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Crazy weird.  I wonder if we’ll end up seeing this guy on dateline nbc… “He said it was boating accident.  He said the recent life insurance policy in her name was a coincidence.”

Matts will be interviewed as a character witness