TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

2 hours ago, D82 said:

Well, survived my first hurricane. Have some flooding in the yard but nothing major here, didn't lose power. 

Rest of the island doesn't look great in spots though.

Island....you live on an island? I thought you were way further inland. And before I fet hammered by anyone keep in mind I'm in VA. lol

37 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Island....you live on an island? I thought you were way further inland. And before I fet hammered by anyone keep in mind I'm in VA. lol

I live in Galveston 😂

51 minutes ago, D82 said:

I live in Galveston 😂

Ha...guess I'll go hit Google maps. 

Edit: I'll be damn. It is an island lol🤣. I knew it "close" to the beach but never realized it's actually a freakin' sliver/island.

Edited by HDsportsfan
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

Ha...guess I'll go hit Google maps. 

Edit: I'll be damn. It is an island lol🤣. I knew it "close" to the beach but never realized it's actually a freakin' sliver/island.

Yeah 😂

We want to move further inland (I'd prefer out of Texas, but that has to wait a bit) to someplace with more land/less restrictions on dog numbers/less expensive eventually. 

Should I get the thread up today? I was thinking I should wait until tomorrow because its eagles week and I am being superstitious (I started last weeks on a Wednesday). 

Screw it, Ill follow McCarthy - you gotta risk it to get the biscuit. 

22 minutes ago, D82 said:

Leave in two weeks to go to Missouri. 13 hour drive is going to suck but the rest of the week should be fun. 

What for? Dog show? 

Where are you going to be in Missouri? 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

What for? Dog show? 

Where are you going to be in Missouri? 

Yup, it's the German Shepherd National (basically our breed's Super Bowl) 

I'll be between Purina Farms in Gray Summit and the National Equestrian Center in Lake Saint Louis 

7 minutes ago, D82 said:

Yup, it's the German Shepherd National (basically our breed's Super Bowl) 

I'll be between Purina Farms in Gray Summit and the National Equestrian Center in Lake Saint Louis 

How close is that to the Ozarks?

Pick me up on the way. I need a road trip. Pandemic has killed my normal travel.  

I just heard the most awful Cowboys hype song ever. It on reddit - but I am not posting it here because I dont want you all to suffer like me. The song is horrendous, but "We dem boys and were here to make noise" is stuck on repeat in my head. 

2 hours ago, D82 said:

Leave in two weeks to go to Missouri. 13 hour drive is going to suck but the rest of the week should be fun

Ever notice how Missouri and misery sound an awful lot alike? It’s because they are the same thing. Being in Missouri, is being in misery.
Wife and I lived there for exactly 1 yr. Couldn’t wait to leave. Don’t care if we ever see it again. What a god forsaken hell hole.  

Hopefully some inbred redneck doesn’t mistake your dog for a deer, shoot and eat it.

Good luck.

20 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Ever notice how Missouri and misery sound an awful lot alike? It’s because they are the same thing. Being in Missouri, is being in misery.
Wife and I lived there for exactly 1 yr. Couldn’t wait to leave. Don’t care if we ever see it again. What a god forsaken hell hole.  

Hopefully some inbred redneck doesn’t mistake your dog for a deer, shoot and eat it.

Good luck.

lol. Its it really that bad? I think Ive only driven through, never stopped that I can remember.

I hear the Ozarks are one of the most beautiful spots in America tho.