TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Rubicon?

Gladiator - its the max tow trim level. Which is basically all of the Rubicon stuff (Dana 44 axels, upgraded suspension/cooling/2 batteries/etc) but geared for towing/truck use instead of rock crawling. The most off road this truck will ever go is on a beach, haha

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Gladiator - its the max tow trim level. Which is basically all of the Rubicon stuff (Dana 44 axels, upgraded suspension/cooling/2 batteries/etc) but geared for towing/truck use instead of rock crawling. The most off road this truck will ever go is on a beach, haha

Post pics on delivery 

• Like 1

20211029-123908.jpg

Black one to the left is the Ram I traded in. White Gladiator is my new truck. The box in the back is the suspension parts they took off when they installed the lift. Its sitting ~3.5 inches higher than factory, so the tires look tiny. When I get back to Austin I will start the custom build and post a lot of pictures. 

Still in Tennessee, waiting on them to finish up the alignment, which had to be done because of the lift. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

20211029-123908.jpg

Black one to the left is the Ram I traded in. White Gladiator is my new truck. The box in the back is the suspension parts they took off when they installed the lift. Its sitting ~3.5 inches higher than factory, so the tires look tiny. When I get back to Austin I will start the custom build and post a lot of pictures. 

Still in Tennessee, waiting on them to finish up the alignment, which had to be done because of the lift. 

Congrats bud. Have fun with it. I have a 2020 Jeep Wrangler. No complaints so far.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

:waves:

funny, I havent had to wave at other cars in long time. Vettes also do the wave like jeeps. 

My wife is actually the one that told me about the Jeep wave when we started first looking. As you already know, there are a gazillion items that are available to customize Jeeps. 

Kind off funny now, I find myself every so often waiving to Jeeps when I'm actually NOT in the Jeep. 🙄🤣

30 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

My wife is actually the one that told me about the Jeep wave when we started first looking. As you already know, there are a gazillion items that are available to customize Jeeps. 

Im scared to admit how many parts ive already bought and I didnt even own the car yet... lol

30 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Kind off funny now, I find myself every so often waiving to Jeeps when I'm actually NOT in the Jeep. 🙄🤣

I waved at vettes for a solid year after I quit driving it.

13 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

^^^^^^ Nice.

Hilarious you got that thing torn down like that already. 

I started planning this build in my mind 2 years ago when the Bronco was announced. That was going to be my forever truck, until I rode in one and realized the back seats are to small and the availability is too scarce. So all of my build parameters got switched over the Gladiator with one adjustment. The Gladiator is ugly compared to the Bronco, but ugly in the kinda way that I love. Almost like a Bulldog. Its an ugly creature but I love it with all my heart. 

Ive been buying parts for it for 2 months for my self dubbed "Ugly Truck" and she is going to be epic!

Edited by Matts4313