2020 Draft Prix Fix

BStanRamFan

12 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Corbett has talent and he can spend an offseason with Kromer; we could of gotten a steal from Cleveland.  

Yea, best case scenario is that Corbett is a perfect fit at LG, that he can be the missing piece to this Lunch Pail OL. And on top of being the cheap starter at Guard, he can also be the reliable first backup at Center. 

We dont need the All Star OL to be very good, its why we let Saffold walk. What we need is the right pieces for Kromer to coach up and mold as one unit. 

Just a hunch looking into the future, as I still believe that a healthy Noteboom is the LT they want, I bet one of Whit or Rob will be gone for 2021. 

5 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea, best case scenario is that Corbett is a perfect fit at LG, that he can be the missing piece to this Lunch Pail OL. And on top of being the cheap starter at Guard, he can also be the reliable first backup at Center. 

We dont need the All Star OL to be very good, its why we let Saffold walk. What we need is the right pieces for Kromer to coach up and mold as one unit. 

Just a hunch looking into the future, as I still believe that a healthy Noteboom is the LT they want, I bet one of Whit or Rob will be gone for 2021. 

Snead was just quoted saying that Noteboom, Evans, or someone we draft this year could be our LT of the future. So I do think it's Noteboom's job to lose, but they'll be open minded about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I would say it was clear that Allen was a huge issue, I dont think anyone actually felt gret about him going into the season, but thats what we had to go with.

But I wouldnt be so quick to knock Havenstein, he was playing hurt, and it was obvious. So yes it was better when he went down, but a fully healthy Rob is still our best option at RT for now

Now that Blythe has shown to be serviceable, I feel much better about the line as a whole. Especially since we arent forced to use Noteboom out of position, sure he may still be a factor at LG this year, but he isnt our only option like he was going into last season.

We arent set at OL by any means, and could upgrade just about everywhere, but we are in a much better spot right now than we were going into last year, due to the proven draft picks and trade additions. Throw me one more versitile upside pick in this draft, I think we should have a really solid OL that can protect Goff, even if they arent the machine like run blockers that we had 2 years ago

I still have confidence in Rob to at least be our best RT option. If he can get back to his 2017/2018 level then that solves a ton of problems.

Edited by LeotheLion