Titans Sign DL Jack Crawford

Titans fan 617

22 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Can’t go wrong with depth I mean after Simmons & Jones  what do we have on the DL guys 🤷🏽‍♂️

That's what it appears to be.  He had a good season two years ago, so he might be a good rotational player.  I imagine he'd be ahead of Dickerson, at the very least.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Watching some of Crawford, he’s basically an interior rusher but struggles big time when an OL gets his hands on him. Quick get off so could be just helping with interior rush depth which was needed. Still no guarantee he makes the roster

With the roster we have now?  Unless we sign more or draft multiple positions, it seems pretty hard to see him not making it.

I mean, Simmons and Jones are the only proven players. Probably a draft pick, but then it's just him, Isaiah Mack, Matt Dickerson, and Amani Bledsoe.  Dickerson hasn't broken out yet and Mack looks great early but was a healthy scratch late in the season.  Mack I think makes the roster because of his age and potential for development, but Dickerson has been on the team a couple of seasons now and hasn't looked like anything other than easily replaceable depth.  Bledsoe I don't think ever played.  They'll keep five, so that's Simmons, Jones, Rookie, and two others.

It's not a guarantee, but unless this team starts signing other guys, it seems exceedingly likely.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

With the roster we have now?  Unless we sign more or draft multiple positions, it seems pretty hard to see him not making it.

I mean, Simmons and Jones are the only proven players. Probably a draft pick, but then it's just him, Isaiah Mack, Matt Dickerson, and Amani Bledsoe.  Dickerson hasn't broken out yet and Mack looks great early but was a healthy scratch late in the season.  Mack I think makes the roster because of his age and potential for development, but Dickerson has been on the team a couple of seasons now and hasn't looked like anything other than easily replaceable depth.  Bledsoe I don't think ever played.  They'll keep five, so that's Simmons, Jones, Rookie, and two others.

It's not a guarantee, but unless this team starts signing other guys, it seems exceedingly likely.

I could see them target a DL high in the draft. They seem to love Dickerson for some odd reason. They also love Mack who actually reminds me of a young Casey(obviously I don’t think he’ll ever reach that level but still) last year. He obviously slowed down towards the end of the season but for a UDFA, I thought he played well. Crawford will be competing with Mack, Dickerson, rookies(potentially a higher draft pick), and Bledsoe who also played edge in preseason so it’s not a given he’s on the roster. Definitely not saying he won’t be though.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

5 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I could see them target a DL high in the draft. They seem to love Dickerson for some odd reason. They also love Mack who actually reminds me of a young Casey(obviously I don’t think he’ll ever reach that level but still) last year. He obviously slowed down towards the end of the season but for a UDFA, I thought he played well. Crawford will be competing with Mack, Dickerson, rookies(potentially a higher draft pick), and Bledsoe who also played edge in preseason so it’s not a given he’s on the roster. Definitely not saying he won’t be though.

Like I said...