Who is the biggest surprise/reach in the 1st round?

Ragnarok

4 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Penny and Alualu are great examples, but I don't think Bortles particularly fits here. He was a bust in Jax, but nobody was shocked when he was drafted highly, let alone in the first round.

I think Denzel Mims could surprise some people and sneak into the 1st round.

At this point I would be surprised if Mims doesn't go in the first.

14 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I feel like Denzel Mims could go a lot higher than expected. I think there’s a strong possibility he’s the 4th receiver taken and could possibly go top 20 (Raiders at 19 if they pass on receiver early). 

Beat me to it. Thanks for that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I feel like Denzel Mims could go a lot higher than expected. I think there’s a strong possibility he’s the 4th receiver taken and could possibly go top 20 (Raiders at 19 if they pass on receiver early). 

I personally feel he deserves to be the 4th receiver taken. Him and Jefferson are super close for me.

Ezra Cleveland is the guy for me though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I personally feel he deserves to be the 4th receiver taken. Him and Jefferson are super close for me.

They’re pretty much interchangeable to me depending on what you’re looking for - though Mims’ role is more valuable in my opinion. If you want a boundary receiver with upside, take Mims. If you want a uber-reliable slot guy, take Jefferson. 

• Like 1

Going off the current draft simulators.... Reagor and Hamler are two guys that keep going in the first that I don't think belong there. Reagor to me is a second round talent in a non loaded year. 

Hamler I don't think I'd take in the second round even. He's tiny for the nfl, without a solid frame even, body catches too often, and I don't have objective combine metrics for his speed and agility (40 and 3 cone) nor do I see the objective complete outlier level game breaking speed or agility that would make me go out on a limb for a guy like that. 

The flip side of that coin, is draft sims almost always put Jonathan Taylor outside the first round, and I think he should absolutely go in the back half of the first. He's not a Saquon Barkley but he is good enough to warrant getting him locked into a 5 year contract. 

I'd close by saying, I'm buying the Mims hype, hard. I think he's a top 15 talent this draft, and would be a sure fire top 10 guy in a draft that wasn't just loaded with bigger names from better programs. 

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Counselor said:

You can’t hop on my Logan Wilson train when you’ve been slobbering over Woodward for so long. Go back to him.

We need 2 LB's, so we're getting Wilson and Woodward. You can have Malik Harrison.

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

You weren't on the Wilson train until now. You are not worthy.

I've liked him dating back to the Senior Bowl. I just liked Woodward more. Then I read about Woodward's concussion history. Now I prefer Wilson at MLB and as a guy who can lead a D for several years, but I would still like Woodward as a WLB. You just can't really depend on Woodward to stay healthy. For that reason alone I prefer Wilson, but then you add the athleticism and size on top of it, it would be foolish to prefer Woodward.

Edited by Jeezla