Who is the biggest surprise/reach in the 1st round?

Ragnarok

On 4/1/2020 at 11:47 AM, YogiBiz said:

Would it be though?

I love Jeremy Chinn and actually want my team to grab him but I think this is recency bias. He’s the shiny new object that hasn’t been under the microscope like Delpit because he hasn’t played at the highest level of college football. Even with his tackling issues, Delpit has shown me more at this point.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 11:49 AM, battle2heaven said:

At this point I would be surprised if Mims doesn't go in the first.

I feel like a lot of media ‘experts’ moved him into the first after his outstanding combine. To me he is a day two pick. Imo the number one trait a receiver can have is catching the ball; there is a decent sized question mark with him in that regards.

14 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Wha? How do you figure?

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/2/25/21151744/what-pffs-analytics-say-about-the-2020-wide-receiver-prospects

“After a 2017 campaign of 61-1,087-8, Mims took a step back in 2018, totaling a less appealing 55-794-8 stat line. That’s not too shabby, but the big concern were his hands due to his 11 drops of 66 catchable balls. Returning to school after the disappointing season, Mims’ 2019 campaign went much better (66-1,015-12). He also dropped his drop rate nearly in half followed by turning heads as the big winner during Senior Bowlpractices.

The sky is the limit for Mims, whose comparison to Braylon Edwards is apt for both the right and wrong reasons.”

Sorry I suck at quotes on a phone, but to me dropping one of every 6 passes thrown your way is not ideal. Darrell Jackson was a very good receiver that had the same problem, but if I’m taking a receiver in round 1 I was to know the have reliable hands. I’m not saying Mims won’t turn out to be a superstar, he very well could, I’ve been wrong before. What I’m saying is that there is a bigger risk with Mims than their is with a guy like Jefferson.

On 3/31/2020 at 10:55 PM, Ragnarok said:

We've seen a lot of reaches in the first round.  While QBs are typically the biggest target of a reach(Ponder and Bortles for example), we have also seen guys like Tytus Howard, Rashaad Penny, and Terrell Edmunds surprisingly go in the first in recent years to guys like Tyson Alualu going in the top ten a few years ago.

Alualu was drafted 10 years ago... still feels like yesterday but we’ve made plenty of mistakes since

Isaiah Wilson makes a lot of sense as a guy with ideal size and power for the RT position. Considering several people have noted the Seahawks unorthodox selections in round 1, he's a guy who absolutely fits our mold. 

I have rarely seen him mocked in the 1st round, but Prince Tega Wanogho is a guy who I could realistically see going in the 15-25 range if a team falls in love with his potential.