Jordan Love falls to 30  

65 members have voted

1. 1. You would draft him if?

• no matter what if he's there at 30 I take him
    • All the top OT, DT and WR are gone
    • you can't find value in a trade
    • Wouldn't take him there under any circumstance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/02/2020 at 04:00 PM

I didn't vote for any of the options, because it is really up to the GM and HC, not just in general terms (which applies to all drafted players), but specifically if they think Love can be (as Morpheus said) 'The One'.

If they think he really is the future, go get him. If they are anything less than fully invested in this particular guy, go in another direction and wait for one or more years until they find someone who they do have a strong belief in. The decision making on this isn't really like any other position.

55 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Jordan Love is sitting there at 30 unexpectedly. What do you do? 

pass.   No sense in drafting the QB for the future and extending Rodgers contract at the end of 2019.   Those 2 concepts seem opposed to each other fundamentally

• Like 1

I'd pass. The only way i'm taking a QB with rodgers under center is if he's a top 5 pick who falls to 24 again. I don't see the point in drafting the 4th best qb in a draft class to groom him when it would be far simpler to suck for a year and get the best QB in the draft.

• Like 1

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with any of the comments here. Just a reminder, Pat Mahomes was just starting to get mentioned as someone who could go in round 1 about a month prior to the draft. Not comparing Love to Mahomes, just making a point. 

My personal opinion is if you think there is a QB there who is the guy when you draft you take him. No matter what. 

I completely understand the idea our window is closing. We took Rodgers when we had enough talent or close to get back to the Super Bowl. 

I guess we are at that point in Rodgers career where this sort of thing is closer to a reality. 

Also, I don't think he's going to be there at 30 anyway! 

• Like 1

I've gone back and forth on taking a QB so many times I don't know where I'll be next.

Just watched some of his highlights, none of his lowlights.  I like the way he flicks the long ball just like Russell Wilson does and it looks like the most effeminate throw ever, but the way the ball goes way high up and then bloops into the receiver's hands is fun to watch. 

Also has some running ability, which would be fun to watch, scary to watch. 

I'm a firm believer in the best quarterbacks are the ones who wait, and I feel like a large number of quarterbacks who bust bust because they get wrecked by playing too early. 

Some quarterbacks will always suck, some quarterbacks will always be great, but I think a lot fit into the "need time" category, and maybe that's Love. 

Plus, I'd love Aaron's internal struggle if that happened.  He was treated horribly by Favre, so he couldn't do that to Love, but at the same time you know it would put a massive chip on his shoulder, and he probably plays better because of it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I've gone back and forth on taking a QB so many times I don't know where I'll be next.

Just watched some of his highlights, none of his lowlights.  I like the way he flicks the long ball just like Russell Wilson does and it looks like the most effeminate throw ever, but the way the ball goes way high up and then bloops into the receiver's hands is fun to watch. 

Also has some running ability, which would be fun to watch, scary to watch. 

I'm a firm believer in the best quarterbacks are the ones who wait, and I feel like a large number of quarterbacks who bust bust because they get wrecked by playing too early. 

Some quarterbacks will always suck, some quarterbacks will always be great, but I think a lot fit into the "need time" category, and maybe that's Love. 

Plus, I'd love Aaron's internal struggle if that happened.  He was treated horribly by Favre, so he couldn't do that to Love, but at the same time you know it would put a massive chip on his shoulder, and he probably plays better because of it. 

Might be the most compelling reason of all to pull the hypothetical trigger. Is a better Aaron Rodgers worth losing that guy in round 1 who could potentially help?

Edited by Golfman

29 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with any of the comments here. Just a reminder, Pat Mahomes was just starting to get mentioned as someone who could go in round 1 about a month prior to the draft. Not comparing Love to Mahomes, just making a point. 

My personal opinion is if you think there is a QB there who is the guy when you draft you take him. No matter what. 

I completely understand the idea our window is closing. We took Rodgers when we had enough talent or close to get back to the Super Bowl. 

I guess we are at that point in Rodgers career where this sort of thing is closer to a reality. 

Also, I don't think he's going to be there at 30 anyway! 

GB was coming off a 10-6 season.   Drafted Rodgers and went 4-12 the following year.  Then the 2006 off season saw the addition of Pickett and Woodson along with the draft of Hawk, Jennings, College, Spitz.   I think the current team is closer to a title contender than what the 2004 team was