Jordan Love falls to 30  

65 members have voted

1. 1. You would draft him if?

• no matter what if he's there at 30 I take him
    • All the top OT, DT and WR are gone
    • you can't find value in a trade
    • Wouldn't take him there under any circumstance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/02/2020 at 04:00 PM

1 hour ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Then went 4-12 the next year lol. Theres a little bit of a difference between 1 and done in the playoffs and being one game away from the super bowl. We are going to get over the hump by taking a QB in round 1? I'm not so sure this is the right time man.

Are you suggesting we went 4-12 the year we took Rodgers because TT didn't try to fill in holes on the roster instead of taking the BPA in the 2005 draft?  In the next 2 drafts we acquired a handful of players that contributed to the 2007 team that inexplicably lost to the Gmen on that frigid NFCC game at Lambeau.  By Rodgers 3rd season as a starter we won SB 45.  I seriously doubt Mr. Love will be the second coming of #12.  But let's suppose another better QB in this draft somehow tumbles.  If that better QB is there at #30 and is the BPA on his board I wouldn't lose any sleep if Gute took him.  Ya never know.

Edited by Pugger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

I agree with the sentiment, but Minshew is going to be the lowest paid starting QB this year. 

Sorry, I was thinking of him when the word mediocrity came to mind.  Jacksonville just might surprise us with a QB pick in round 1.  They're not very good at this QB thing.

17 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Sorry, I was thinking of him when the word mediocrity came to mind.  Jacksonville just might surprise us with a QB pick in round 1.  They're not very good at this QB thing.

All good, but I think Jacksonville is loading up on picks to get the kid from Clemson next year. Going to trade their DE they franchised for a 1st next year too. 

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Are you suggesting we went 4-12 the year we took Rodgers because TT didn't try to fill in holes on the roster instead of taking the BPA in the 2005 draft?  In the next 2 drafts we acquired a handful of players that contributed to the 2007 team that inexplicably lost to the Gmen on that frigid NFCC game at Lambeau.  By Rodgers 3rd season as a starter we won SB 45.  I seriously doubt Mr. Love will be the second coming of #12.  But let's suppose another better QB in this draft somehow tumbles.  If that better QB is there at #30 and is the BPA on his board I wouldn't lose any sleep if Gute took him.  Ya never know.

It's a big gamble though, we didnt do much in FA as it is, so drafting a QB round 1 is taking a potential difference maker this year off the board. I just dont feel great about it, I wouldn't bring out pitchforks or want Gute fired if it happened, I just dont like that approach even if it is BPA. It's not helping us win at all this year, and the window is closing in a hurry with Rodgers cap going up substantially next year. 

10 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

So why blow another 1st on one...

I honestly think they're waiting for next year. I think they're quietly blowing up that defense given the departures of Ngakoue and Campbell and the guys they've signed to replace those two. They'll probably draft a QB somewhere, but CB, ILB, and DL are all glaring needs for them. FWIW, Drafttek has them drafting Love at 9...

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

So why blow another 1st on one...

I honestly think they're waiting for next year. I think they're quietly blowing up that defense given the departures of Ngakoue and Campbell and the guys they've signed to replace those two. They'll probably draft a QB somewhere, but CB, ILB, and DL are all glaring needs for them. FWIW, Drafttek has them drafting Love at 9...

Probably happens, but he's still with them at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

Definitely will happen. It's a tag-n-trade. I bet it's done on draft day too.

If you need a pass rusher and who doesn't. He's second after Chase Young and he's only 25 I believe. 

6 hours ago, Pugger said:

With multiple teams searching for a QB I suspect QBs that show promise aren't around on day 2.

Not disagreeing, but that wasn't the point of me saying I would take him Day 2 lol. 

6 hours ago, Norm said:

Off the top of my head isn't there only really 3 teams who need a QB right now?

Just going down the list: Cincinnati, Detroit, Miami, LA Chargers, Carolina, and Jacksonville.  Those are all teams inside the top 10 that could realistically take a QB.  Outside the top 10, you've got Las Vegas, Minnesota, New England, and New Orleans that could all be in the market for a QB.  Obviously, not everyone is going to take a QB, but there are plenty of teams who could entertain taking a QB.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Just going down the list: Cincinnati, Detroit, Miami, LA Chargers, Carolina, and Jacksonville.  Those are all teams inside the top 10 that could realistically take a QB.  Outside the top 10, you've got Las Vegas, Minnesota, New England, and New Orleans that could all be in the market for a QB.  Obviously, not everyone is going to take a QB, but there are plenty of teams who could entertain taking a QB.

Yeah I way underestimated it until I started typing that and thinking about it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I've got money on Jalen Hurts ending up a Raider.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Best case scenario, Dak Prescott.

Hurts had a Zoom meeting with Jerruh FWIW. Hurts to the Raiders makes sense, but I suspect Gruden isn't high on Hurts given some of the inconsistencies he's had, which ultimately led to his transfer from 'Bama. Don't get me wrong, I actually like Hurts and think that he could be a great pro in the right system; but I don't think it's Oakland's system and Hurts doesn't strike me as a franchise guy. Personally, I think he can be the consummate game manager that isn't going to be a liability and can make a couple of key plays when necessary; he has to go to the right situation, however. Not like it would happen, but I think a couple years behind Taylor in San Diego(no I will not call it the LA Chargers...) would do some good for him.