Jordan Love falls to 30  

65 members have voted

1. 1. You would draft him if?

• no matter what if he's there at 30 I take him
    • All the top OT, DT and WR are gone
    • you can't find value in a trade
    • Wouldn't take him there under any circumstance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/02/2020 at 04:00 PM

20 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Bucky Brooks has us taking Jake Fromm in round 3. YUCK! You are drafting a career back up if you take him and not sure he's an upgrade with what we have. 

Fromm is the Raekwon Davis of QB's in this draft: he had a great Year 1 and slowly tailed off...

On 4/9/2020 at 11:10 AM, CWood21 said:

And that may very well be the case.  But given that DeShone Kizer was the focal point of the Damarious Randall trade, I think it's safe to assume that the Packers did value Kizer highly.

Sure, they valued him highly, which is likely why they thought they could get value for the pick by trading it.  

That is a far cry from the original assertion that he was their "best player available" at the time of their pick to start the second round.  I reject that notion entirely.

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Sure, they valued him highly, which is likely why they thought they could get value for the pick by trading it.  

That is a far cry from the original assertion that he was their "best player available" at the time of their pick to start the second round.  I reject that notion entirely.

As I mentioned, players are graded out in tiers.  Not numerical rankings.  And it's feasible that he might have been a tier ahead of King, but given the QB room they could have passed on Kizer.  Unless you're a fly on the wall in the room, not sure you how you can cross that possibility off.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 10:14 AM, Outpost31 said:

I've gone back and forth on taking a QB so many times I don't know where I'll be next.

Just watched some of his highlights, none of his lowlights.  I like the way he flicks the long ball just like Russell Wilson does and it looks like the most effeminate throw ever, but the way the ball goes way high up and then bloops into the receiver's hands is fun to watch. 

Also has some running ability, which would be fun to watch, scary to watch. 

I'm a firm believer in the best quarterbacks are the ones who wait, and I feel like a large number of quarterbacks who bust bust because they get wrecked by playing too early. 

Some quarterbacks will always suck, some quarterbacks will always be great, but I think a lot fit into the "need time" category, and maybe that's Love. 

Plus, I'd love Aaron's internal struggle if that happened.  He was treated horribly by Favre, so he couldn't do that to Love, but at the same time you know it would put a massive chip on his shoulder, and he probably plays better because of it. 

ooo

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

ooo

That bloop is the first thing I thought of when we drafted him.  I HATE that bloop by Russell Wilson.  It looks like magic.  It just goes way up and then BLOOP, right into the reeiver's arms.  I'm going to love watching Love if he brings that to the pros.