Jordan Love falls to 30  

65 members have voted

1. 1. You would draft him if?

• no matter what if he's there at 30 I take him
    • All the top OT, DT and WR are gone
    • you can't find value in a trade
    • Wouldn't take him there under any circumstance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/02/2020 at 04:00 PM

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

No OTAs, abbreviated or no offseason, limited coaching and development time. He won't be ready to serve in a back-up role
For 2020, it makes less than zero sense. I ran it through the ciphering machine and it came out at negative eleventy million.

12ede7392c2886a0d1356c3bd300af8f.jpg

Plus, IF Love were that good, he'd either be snapped up OR we'd have a bevy of nice offers at 30 so teams can get the 5th year out of him.
That's the better value play here, trade the pick. No risk and an instant reward

Can say that about every rookie this season, in terms of enough time to be developed.  It’s a more worrisome prospect for players drafted that are actually projected to start or contribute considerably in 2020.

Edited by Sasquatch

Just for the record. I've heard nothing connecting Love to Green Bay in any way, shape or form. Just a hypothetical question. Just saw an interesting piece on NFL Network and DJ said his ceiling is 5 to Miami or 6 to San Diego. His floor is in the mid twenties. Over three weeks to the draft. I think his will be an interesting story! 

Edited by Golfman

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

Just for the record. I've heard nothing connecting Love to Green Bay in any way, shape or form. Just a hypothetical question. Just saw an interesting piece on NFL Network and DJ said his ceiling is 5 to Miami or 6 to San Diego. His floor is in the mid twenties. Over three weeks to the draft. I think his will be an interesting story! 

I literally just got an alert that we had a virtual visit with him. 

5 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

People didn’t think Aaron Rogers was who he was either but he was there at 26. Bad argument. With this logic, we shouldn’t have taken him. 

Jordan Love never came close to being as good as Rodgers was at Cal.  

• Like 1

Did I read someone say that Nate Stanley has better, or something of the sort, arm talent than Love? Nate Stanley is a turd. He's a back-up at best. Dude bails on clean pockets, rarely ever steps into his throws or up into the pocket, under throws his targets routinely and makes terrible decisions. Can't stand that kid.

Love isn't perfect but he's got far more to work with than Stanley.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, squire12 said:

When is he going to "ball out"?  Preseason?  Regular season?

If it is preseason, teams likely aren't giving up a lot as it is VC regular season that matters most.

If it is regular season, that means Rodgers either sucked or got hurt, in either scenario,  no reason to trade him

If Huntley had been as good as Wilson a couple years ago we could have gotten a boat load for either him or Rogers. Either way would have been great for us. Now he wasn’t a top pick but if your board has Love that high on it than that person/team has a definite feeling he will be good. 

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Did I read someone say that Nate Stanley has better, or something of the sort, arm talent than Love? Nate Stanley is a turd. He's a back-up at best. Dude bails on clean pockets, rarely ever steps into his throws or up into the pocket, under throws his targets routinely and makes terrible decisions. Can't stand that kid.

Love isn't perfect but he's got far more to work with than Stanley.

Judging on what I saw, Stanley has every bit the pace on the ball that Love has, and his entire throwing motion doesn't have to be re-vamped. I'm not gonna speak on the rest because I'm not a scout, but everything you mentioned is coachable. Stanley also received zero coaching at Iowa with regard to his delivery. He has since hired a QB coach and tweaked it to use more of his lower body, which by all accounts has helped greatly. I'm not guaranteeing a damn thing, but my eyes see a ground up re-vamp with Love. And Stanley costs you a 5th or 6th, not a 1st. 

This is the video I watched a couple days ago. No outs or slants or corners or screens or checkdowns, etc etc  that I can recall. also, anyone else see a loop in his throwing motion ?

Edited by cannondale

13 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

These days, the draft is mainly about getting talented players on rookie deals. Opening up cap space to sign other players. You only control a player for 4 years after that they are free to sign for anyone. You want as much value in those 4 years as possible.

I get you want value on a rookie deal but a things;

1. If J Love started for us even 2 years on his rookie deal and was a franchise guy, analytically he’d be worth it considering positional value of QB being 5-10x higher than any other

2. How often do proven low risk core position players move their first contract after a rookie deal? Pretty much never. You can always find tweeter S, plug run stuffing DTs, and guards though.... If given a chance to lock up a premium position you do it 

56 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Judging on what I saw, Stanley has every bit the pace on the ball that Love has, and his entire throwing motion doesn't have to be re-vamped. I'm not gonna speak on the rest because I'm not a scout, but everything you mentioned is coachable. Stanley also received zero coaching at Iowa with regard to his delivery. He has since hired a QB coach and tweaked it to use more of his lower body, which by all accounts has helped greatly. I'm not guaranteeing a damn thing, but my eyes see a ground up re-vamp with Love. And Stanley costs you a 5th or 6th, not a 1st. 

This is the video I watched a couple days ago. No outs or slants or corners or screens or checkdowns, etc etc  that I can recall. also, anyone else see a loop in his throwing motion ?

You make all those excuses for why Stanley sucked yet don't do the same for Love. Multiple evaluators have blamed the coaching staff at Utah State for Love's shortcomings. Dude got absolutely no favors from his coaching or teammates. Stanley, on the other hand, is a complete turd with no feel for the game. He's a wasted roster spot the moment the ink touches the paper. There are a number of day 3 QBs with more potential and ability than Stanley. 

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You make all those excuses for why Stanley sucked yet don't do the same for Love. Multiple evaluators have blamed the coaching staff at Utah State for Love's shortcomings. Dude got absolutely no favors from his coaching or teammates. Stanley, on the other hand, is a complete turd with no feel for the game. He's a wasted roster spot the moment the ink touches the paper. There are a number of day 3 QBs with more potential and ability than Stanley. 

I didn't make any excuses. I just happened upon a video of Stanley throwing the ball and went from there. How much feel does it take to throw sideline go routes all game long. Sounds like you're too emotional about the whole thing. By the time this plays out we'll all be dead.

Edited by cannondale

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I didn't make any excuses. I just happened upon a video of Stanley throwing the ball and went from there. Sounds like you're too emotional about the whole thing. How much feel does it take to throw sideline go routes all game long

So you're basing your analysis off 3 minute highlights? I'm not the one being utterly simplistic in my takes either. I've given reasons why Stanley sucks and isn't worth a roster spot and that's based on 4 years of watching Iowa football. He's not good whatsoever. Stanley has all the fundamental flaws as 36 year old Rodgers does with none of the tools. That's not a recipe for success. 

As far as Love goes, look at what multiple evaluators have said. Look at his 2018 tape because 2019 was thrown away by his coaching staff and the talent around him. Love got no favors from either group. Kid has far more to work with based on even little things compared to Stanley. I'm not "too emotional" with this at all, I've just done my due diligence and I'm not making claims based on some 6 minute YouTube highlight. I've been on the Love bandwagon since 2018 so I've paid close attention since and he was let down by those around him, not his abilities.