Jordan Love falls to 30  

65 members have voted

1. 1. You would draft him if?

• no matter what if he's there at 30 I take him
    • All the top OT, DT and WR are gone
    • you can't find value in a trade
    • Wouldn't take him there under any circumstance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/02/2020 at 04:00 PM

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I've gone back and forth on taking a QB so many times I don't know where I'll be next.

Just watched some of his highlights, none of his lowlights.  I like the way he flicks the long ball just like Russell Wilson does and it looks like the most effeminate throw ever, but the way the ball goes way high up and then bloops into the receiver's hands is fun to watch. 

Also has some running ability, which would be fun to watch, scary to watch. 

I'm a firm believer in the best quarterbacks are the ones who wait, and I feel like a large number of quarterbacks who bust bust because they get wrecked by playing too early. 

Some quarterbacks will always suck, some quarterbacks will always be great, but I think a lot fit into the "need time" category, and maybe that's Love. 

Plus, I'd love Aaron's internal struggle if that happened.  He was treated horribly by Favre, so he couldn't do that to Love, but at the same time you know it would put a massive chip on his shoulder, and he probably plays better because of it. 

Rodgers has said he doesn't think that way anymore. 

I'm 1000% of the belief if you think there's a franchise quarterback available when you are on the clock you pick him. Every. Single. Time. Regardless of any other situations. 

I have no idea Love is that guy or if the FO thinks so but if they (or hypothetically you) do then you unequivocally turn in that card.

• Like 5

I haven't voted yet, but Outpost had me considering a few things, chief among them is this:

Was the key to Rodgers success his ability to sit behind Favre for several years?  I certainly think it helped.  Not sure if Love is the right guy or not, but if there's merit in pedagogy, then a candidate needs to be selected sooner than later. Perhaps.  

If the Patriots tank for Lawrence, will he be plug and play superstar year one, or would sitting him for a few years behind a veteran be smarter? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I haven't voted yet, but Outpost had me considering a few things, chief among them is this:

Was the key to Rodgers success his ability to sit behind Favre for several years?  I certainly think it helped.  Not sure if Love is the right guy or not, but if there's merit in pedagogy, then a candidate needs to be selected sooner than later. Perhaps.  

If the Patriots tank for Lawrence, will he be plug and play superstar year one, or would sitting him for a few years behind a veteran be smarter? 

Yes, but one year behind a guy is really enough for a lot of QB's that need that extra seasoning given the evolution of QB development over the past five years in particular; not three like Rodgers.

I think if he's there at #30 Gute will think long and hard on it.  A lot of reports had Gute ready to pull the trigger on Drew Lock last year in the mid second, but Denver traded up and beat him to the punch.  There's a lot of like about Love .. great size, arm strength, pretty accurate.  He's not ready for prime time, but the Packers could mold him for a few years and then decide on where things stand.  I'd rather have a guy ready to step in when the time comes then having to scramble and make a mistake.  You just hope the guy isn't the next DeShone Kizer.  I think if guys like Josh Jones, Austin Jackson, Kenneth Murray, Patrick Queen, or Ross Blacklock are on the clock, Gute would go in that direction over Love.

9 minutes ago, Joe said:

Yes, but one year behind a guy is really enough for a lot of QB's that need that extra seasoning given the evolution of QB development over the past five years in particular; not three like Rodgers.

That was the case for Mahomes for sure, and it’s probably different for each player.  I’m with you on shorter is better than longer, in terms of development - you certainly don’t want to lose the best physical years solely to development.  These blue-chippers are competitive by nature and sitting them can be counterproductive to their development.  I think there’s a sweet spot somewhere between 1-3 years.  Probably.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

That was the case for Mahomes for sure, and it’s probably different for each player.  I’m with you on shorter is better than longer, in terms of development - you certainly don’t want to lose the best physical years solely to development.  These blue-chippers are competitive by nature and sitting them can be counterproductive to their development.  I think there’s a sweet spot somewhere between 1-3 years.  Probably.

Yeah, I'm at 2 years - especially for someone like Jordan Love...

I'm not a fan of the prospect though; not when he's compared to Blake Bortles and Colin Kaepernick...

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jordan-love?id=32194c4f-5613-0776-be4c-ce231b05c522

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jordan-love/PbA4nRzHfK

Edited by Joe

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Pass on him. Not the right time or the right player.

Can't believe I missed this comment, but yes I agree. 

Ian Book would be the guy I'd target next year provided he doesn't have some sort of collapse. He's mobile, patient, and pretty accurate...