Jordan Love falls to 30  

65 members have voted

1. 1. You would draft him if?

• no matter what if he's there at 30 I take him
    • All the top OT, DT and WR are gone
    • you can't find value in a trade
    • Wouldn't take him there under any circumstance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/02/2020 at 04:00 PM

28 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'd rather die

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's terrible?

You weren't able to watch Packers game in the late 70's, early 80's, were you?  I think you are a little younger in age.

Many of us lived through terrible quarterbacks and terrible QB decisions.  I was just a kid, but man, even I knew what a bad quarterback looked like at a very young age.

Choose life over a terrible quarterback.  Because soon you will live long enough to get rewarded with Favre/Rodgers in succession!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pgwingman said:

lold

You obviously never played sports. Fuel only lasts for so long. Rodgers has long since proved college and pro coaches wrong. I don't recall exactly what he said is his main motivation now, but after a Super Bowl and multiple MVPs, the whole "I'm going to prove my doubters wrong with the fire burning from a chip on my shoulder" is ancient history. Do you believe in bulletin board material too ?

Edited by cannondale

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Pass on him. Not the right time or the right player.

I mean, I’ve heard reports he has the best pure arm in the draft. If he’s the highest on your board and all premium players you’d want are gone AND you can’t move back and get value; he’ll, take him. It’s not a bad thing to get your next starter for the next 10 years plus. 

It would need to fall very bad for us with no option to move. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I mean, I’ve heard reports he has the best pure arm in the draft. If he’s the highest on your board and all premium players you’d want are gone AND you can’t move back and get value; he’ll, take him. It’s not a bad thing to get your next starter for the next 10 years plus. 

How big is our first round board compared to what some are projecting as first rounders? Meaning how many of the so called 1st rounders don't fit what we do and are not on our board. It is said, Bellichich has the smallest board in football come draft time. I read one year where he only had something like 30 guys on his board. That may be a bit of an exaggeration but you get the point. 

And who knows! Jordan Love may not be on our board either! 

If he falls and Gute thinks he's a franchise guy, my view is it doesn't matter who is on the board. I think Love is going to go higher than people think though (mobile, rocket arm, good guy... someone will fall in love with him and I think he goes top 15).

This is looking far ahead but,  but if Rodgers got hurt and Love showed out, we could trade Rodgers in the 2021 offseason and have a manageable cap hit (31M from AR, which considering we'd have a rookie QB is doable). Then in 2022 we'd have the year 3 QB with a war chest.... 2022 we'd only have 17M if we cut/traded AR which is even more manageable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

You weren't able to watch Packers game in the late 70's, early 80's, were you?  I think you are a little younger in age.

Many of us lived through terrible quarterbacks and terrible QB decisions.  I was just a kid, but man, even I knew what a bad quarterback looked like at a very young age.

Choose life over a terrible quarterback.  Because soon you will live long enough to get rewarded with Favre/Rodgers in succession!

I've watched the Badgers play for two decades. I know exactly what bad QB play is. Ian Book is a bad QB.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

If people thought he was a 10 year starter and all those things, he wouldn't be available at 30.

I watched a highlight video and he didn't wow me. Nothing from under center and 99% of his throws were sideline go routes. I didn't search much further than that so maybe there's more out there, but I didn't see wow arm talent. His delivery seems long, so that will probably have to be re-worked. Stanley throws every bit the ball Jordan throws if you ask me, and with much more variety and routes that transfer to the NFL. I think some of these guys are riding the hype machine and the media just keeps buying it. See pretty much every can't miss QB that Ohio St. has had. Of course, my guesses are just as bad as anyone elses. And selfishly speaking, SF and NO aren't drafting backup QB's with their top picks

Edited by cannondale

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If people thought he was a 10 year starter and all those things, he wouldn't be available at 30.

People are going to point out Rodgers here, but with the rookie wage scale, it won't happen again.

I have a hard time passing on him if they think he is a franchise guy. But with our team right now and what we did in FA, we need the help from a day 1 player

41 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I watched a highlight video and he didn't wow me. Nothing from under center and 99% of his throws were sideline go routes. I didn't search much further than that so maybe there's more out there, but I didn't see wow arm talent. His delivery seems long, so that will probably have to be re-worked. Stanley throws every bit the ball Jordan throws if you ask me, and with much more variety and routes that transfer to the NFL. I think some of these guys are riding the hype machine and the media just keeps buying it. See pretty much every can't miss QB that Ohio St. has had. Of course, my guesses are just as bad as anyone elses. And selfishly speaking, SF and NO aren't drafting backup QB's with their top picks

NO might. They already tried once like 4 years ago with grayson in the 2nd

Guess that was a 3rd. Original point stands. I could see NO investing in a QB in the 1st.

Edited by HighCalebR