FFMD 2020: You Can't Fight In Here, This Is the War Room!

Daniel

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Apparently too high, haha.

We need DTs, CBs, or Edges.  Throw an equivalent one of those our way if you're trying to trade players.

What round pick do you put on Davis? 

Are you looking for run stuffing DT's or 3T's (penetrators)?

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What round pick do you put on Davis? 

Are you looking for run stuffing DT's or 3T's (penetrators)?

We'd prefer a 3T.  As for pick value, it'd probably be more than yall'd be willing to give, like an upper second.

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

We'd prefer a 3T.  As for pick value, it'd probably be more than yall'd be willing to give, like an upper second.

What if we swapped some picks with you? Allowed you to move up considerably in the 2nd and perhaps 3rd rounds? Would that be interesting to you?

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

What if we swapped some picks with you? Allowed you to move up considerably in the 2nd and perhaps 3rd rounds? Would that be interesting to you?

Not really.  The Titans are short on picks, so if we let a player go, we'd need to get additional picks out of it, not just a move up.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Not really.  The Titans are short on picks, so if we let a player go, we'd need to get additional picks out of it, not just a move up.

Couple thoughts: 

We have a good boundary CB in Brown and a good Nickle DB in Lewis. You could choose one of them + a 4th for Davis.  Alternatively, you could pick one of the players and then perhaps we could swap a pick so that you could move up (maybe in the second?).

We do have a couple DTs available. A Woods, who is a decent run stopper. T Hill who was our 2nd rounder last year and is a 3tech. 

Actually @Daniel => TO7 just made a really good point. We have a player named Tyrone Crawford. He rotates between Edge and 3T for us. He isnt a world beater, but he is a very solid starter. The guy that will control the run game, get you ~5 sacks a season and fairly consistent QB pressure. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Actually @Daniel => TO7 just made a really good point. We have a player named Tyrone Crawford. He rotates between Edge and 3T for us. He isnt a world beater, but he is a very solid starter. The guy that will control the run game, get you ~5 sacks a season and fairly consistent QB pressure. 

What's the story on his 2019?

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

What's the story on his 2019?

Injured in training camp. Didnt play most the year. 2 games, 1 sack. As a rule of thumb he has been healthy all his career, so this was a fluke. Im not going to tell you he is Von Miller; but he is a versatile and reliable presence. He is in the ballpark with Malik Jackson though. A little worse at pass rush, but very very good in the run game. 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Team Captain too. On a defense with Lee, Smith, DLAW, Jones - Crawford was one of our defensive Captains. 

PLUS funniest story:

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowbuzz-tyrone-crawford-calls-out-madden-19

He had a dispute with Madden and won.

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Injured in training camp. Didnt play most the year. 2 games, 1 sack. As a rule of thumb he has been healthy all his career, so this was a fluke. Im not going to tell you he is Von Miller; but he is a versatile and reliable presence. He is in the ballpark with Malik Jackson though. A little worse at pass rush, but very very good in the run game. 

I'm not expecting Von Miller for Corey Davis, haha.  But, he is a starter, just a starter I don't see as a part of the Titans' future, so if I trade him, it'll be for a starter.  I just really wanna hit up this WR class too, and I don't know if there are the picks to justify it at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Team Captain too. On a defense with Lee, Smith, DLAW, Jones - Crawford was one of our defensive Captains. 

PLUS funniest story:

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowbuzz-tyrone-crawford-calls-out-madden-19

He had a dispute with Madden and won.

Aight, give me a little bit to think on it and wait for my coGM to put a word in.  Gotta make dinner anyway.

• Like 1