TheVillain112 Mock Draft v1.0...

TheVillain112

May have done some early mocks, but I'm considering this version 1.0 since I've actually watched some film, and this is realistic.  A couple of points:

• Ruiz was gone by pick #33, so I went with Ezra instead.  I'm definitely higher on him than the consensus.
  • With the mock, I'm hoping the starting OL would have Ezra at RT, and Wilson at RG.  Wilson (athletically) compares well to Kelechi Osemele and has experience on the right side.
  • With Dalton still possibly being traded/released, I'd like another backup QB and Lewerke late is a solid developmental prospect.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-01-at-10-34-49-AM.pn

9 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Not sure they go that heavy on the OL in the draft. I think LB gets double dipped as well

I doubt it as well, but that's the most glaring need that I see.  It's a relatively strong OT draft IMO, and we've had some bad ones lately so I wanted to grab guys that I thought could compete...

I'm good with Cleveland at 33.  May not have the upside of some, but his floor is high and he could be a good starter for a long time.

Wilson at 65 would be a home run.  Put him at RG immediately and let him blow up DT's.  His feet are good enough to get to the second level as well.

Dye is a sub package passing down LB only, but that's ok in rd 4 as long as he is effective in that role immediately.  He essentially becomes the other half of the Bynes starting position

I like Duvernay's speed, but i'm wary about his overall game.  Worth a risk in rd 5 to get another deep threat.

If we've already gone OL/OL in rds 2/3, I don't know if I see them going to the well a third time.

I'd rather roll with Dolegala for the backup role than waste a draft pick on Lewerke.  If you can get him as an UDFA sure, but i'd have higher priorities unless I saw him as great value here (meaning I see him as a 4th rd value backup (which I don't))

I'd be happy overall though.

4 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I'm fine with the first five picks.  Would have loved Bass in there.  Why Lewearke?  Don't we already have no rooms at the inn, even if Dalton is cut?  I'd rather get another lineman or a RB

I've seen enough of Finley, and I've seen enough of Lewerke to give him a shot.  I'm hoping we take either him or Cole McDonald late to add to the QB room...

3 hours ago, BengalsBite said:

I don’t mind this mock. My only question is who else was there at 65 because there should be some solid IOL prospects available instead of having Wilson transition to OG. 

1.) I probably have Wilson rated much higher than most, although it seems @THE DUKE is on the bandwagon with me

2.) A lot of OL were flying off the board already, IIRC:  Ruiz, Hennessey, Robert Hunt, Cushionberry, Niang, Josh Jones, and Austin Jackson were all gone.  I personally like Wilson more than all of those guys except Ruiz.  Josh Jones, and Austin Jackson are in the same tier for me, but I actually lean towards Wilson...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

1.) I probably have Wilson rated much higher than most, although it seems @THE DUKE is on the bandwagon with me

2.) A lot of OL were flying off the board already, IIRC:  Ruiz, Hennessey, Robert Hunt, Cushionberry, Niang, Josh Jones, and Austin Jackson were all gone.  I personally like Wilson more than all of those guys except Ruiz.  Josh Jones, and Austin Jackson are in the same tier for me, but I actually lean towards Wilson...

I love Wilson. I was singing his praises back in January on here. Back then he was a 4th or 5th round pick. I didn’t understand then how he was a 4-5th round prospect. Looks like everyone else is on board with me now. Lol

• Like 2

team logo

CIN 1.
Joe Burrow
QB  LSU

CIN 46.
Patrick Queen
OLB  LSU
trade icon
CIN 65.
Isaiah Wilson
OT  Georgia

CIN 95.
Robert Hunt
G  Louisiana
trade icon
CIN 107.
Van Jefferson
WR  Florida

CIN 147.
Thaddeus Moss
TE  LSU

CIN 180.
Tanner Muse
S  Clemson

CIN 181.
Carter Coughlin
OLB  Minnesota
trade icon
CIN 215.
Tyler Bass
K  Georgia Southern

winner

• Like 5

18 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

As a GA fan, I have always been relatively high on him.  Obviously I like Thomas way more.  But in October, I was advocating taking Thomas, Wilson and Kindley, to put with Hopkins and Williams.  Wilson has all the tools, he just needs refinement.

• Like 2