FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

1 hour ago, BigC421/ said:

Best draft in a run away imo. If you told me we could leave the draft with  Okudah, Kinlaw and  Aiyuk and little else I’d be good with that. That’s 2 elite prospects on my board and another top 50 player at wr who could end up going in the 1st rd himself.  Still in hindsight not sure the trade up ended up being the best move buts its a bit of coin toss, I’m happy with the results none the less.  

I think the trade up for a Kinlaw should have been top trade personally.  

Just a kind of crazy scenario to ponder.  What if we go Brown at 6 and still make the Kinlaw deal. Resist the Aiyuk trade and grab Arnette at 65. Still grab Bredenson and have our 4ths . 

I've thought about this.  Although I'm not as high on Brown and have concerns and bias against him, I think he could be good. Maybe I'm off here, but I could see him being like a Shaun Rogers type.  Pair that with Kinlaw and it could be amazing.

15 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

So, some cool notes:

Anfernee Jennings was drafted in the 3rd round (pick 87) (by the Patriots).

Darrynton Evans was selected in the 3rd round (pick 93). He was on the sleeper radar for two of you.

Tanner Muse was taken in the 3rd round (pick 100), another sleeper target.

If we had picked Muse that would have been our biggest FFMD vs draft differential. Damn Jayron Kearse getting in way. 

@diehardlionfan

Our Draft compared to the NFL Draft

Our Pick - Our Selection [Actual selection in the NFL Draft - TVC difference]

Pick #6 - Jeffrey Okudah (Selected 3rd by DET - TVC gain of 600)
Pick #14 - Javon Kinlaw (Selected 14th by SF - TVC neutral)
Pick #49 - Brandon Aiyuk (Selected 25th by SF - TVC gain of 310)
Pick #92 - Ben Bredeson (Selected 143rd by BAL - TVC loss of 97.5)
Pick #149 - Anfernee Jennings (Selected 87th by NE - TVC gain of 124.4)
Pick #185 - Cameron Clark (Sllim Pickens' sleeper) (Selected 129th by NYJ - TVC gain of 26.8)
Pick #186 - Joshua Kelley (Karnage84's sleeper) (Selected 112th by LAC - TVC gain of 54.2) 
Pick #220 - Xavier Jones (BigC421/'s sleeper) (Signed with Rams as an UDFA - TVC loss of 2.3)
Pick #228 - Jeff Thomas (Lionized's sleeper) (Signed with NE as an UDFA - TVC loss of 1)
Pick #252 - J'Mar Smith (LionArkie's sleeper) (Signed with NE as an UDFA - TVC loss of 1)
Pick #254 - Garrett Marino (Signed with DAL as an UDFA - TVC loss of 1)

According to my quick math, we gained a total of 1,012.6 of TVC value with our picks, or the 16th overall pick in the draft. We didn't overdraft Kinlaw, and the value on Aiyuk, Jennings, Clark and Kelley is just nutty. Pretty incredible stuff.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
Added Thomas' UDFA destination.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

As a spectator you could see excellent value but post draft it really demonstrates what a good draft you guys had.

Its a thing of beauty!

And, really, a few of the members nailed their projections:

LionArkie was a huge fan of securing Kinlaw, even having him on his short list for #6. Great call by him: 14th was the right value.

BigC was a believer in Aiyuk, even saying at the time that he was a "1st round value" that was still available. He was absolutely right: we were able to land him almost twice as many picks after he was drafted.

Jennings was a consensus group vote, and one that was both incredible value and the right scheme fit (as he went to NE).

Both Sllim and Karnage made sleeper picks in round 6 that went two rounds earlier. That's massive.

Despite starting the draft with only an additional 3rd and 5th, we left with three 1st round prospects, one 3rd round prospect and three 4th round prospects, in addition to late round developmental players.

Deserving of "Best Draft" indeed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

And, really, a few of the members nailed their projections:

LionArkie was a huge fan of securing Kinlaw, even having him on his short list for #6. Great call by him: 14th was the right value.

BigC was a believer in Aiyuk, even saying at the time that he was a "1st round value" that was still available. He was absolutely right: we were able to land him almost twice as many picks after he was drafted.

Jennings was a consensus group vote, and one that was both incredible value and the right scheme fit (as he went to NE).

Both Sllim and Karnage made sleeper picks in round 6 that went two rounds earlier. That's massive.

Despite starting the draft with only an additional 3rd and 5th, we left with three 1st round prospects, one 3rd round prospect and three 4th round prospects, in addition to late round developmental players.

Deserving of "Best Draft" indeed.

I didn’t follow other groups but I can safely say I think this was the best Lions mock I’ve ever witnessed. Not just the results but the teamwork and cooperation. 

I don’t give the praise out lightly. It’s well deserved.

I would like to see the thread bookmarked and used as a reference for future, new participants. Required reading so they get a feel for what can be accomplished and how to treat each other respectfully.

Edited by diehardlionfan
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

I didn’t follow other groups but I can safely say I think this was the best Lions mock I’ve ever witnessed. Not just the results but the teamwork and cooperation. 

I don’t give the praise out lightly. It’s well deserved.

I would like to see the thread bookmarked and used as a reference for future, new participants. Required reading so they get a feel for what can be accomplished and how to treat each other respectfully.

This was a great group of guys to do this with. Enjoyed it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

This was a great group of guys to do this with. Enjoyed it.

Same here. Was a lot of fun. Really enjoyed the overall approach. Collective group coming together, sharing thoughts and making decisions that made sense. Even if you didn't agree with something, there was a reasoning behind it and everyone could throw their two cents in. I am still kicking myself on the Bucannon trade/not taking Muse but Kelley was a nice consolation prize. 

• Like 1