FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

I’m not sure what Taco adds this point.  Watched every game he played in college, big fan. But what is he in the NFL? If he brought any kind of edge rush I think rod the bod would have gotten something out of him.  He didn’t do much in Miami who runs a similar scheme.  Giving his length at this point I’d guess the hope would be he can put on a little weight and be more of a 5tec but idk. It would def be a patriots style move giving him another chance. I’m indifferent on it but that 6 could potentially be used to move around a bit 

• Like 1

Gentlemen.

We have some that have an interest in Mr. Tacos. After extensive conversation with the Dolphins' GM, we have come up with the following:

Detroit Lions receive: Picks #186 (15.8), #228 (1), #252 (1) and Mr. Tacos

Miami Dolphins receive: Pick #149 (30.6)

That gives Mr. Tacos early 6th round value, which is fair. We move down from the 5th round to the 6th round, add a 7th and let Mr. Tacos compete on the DLine.

Official vote: 'yea' or 'nay'?

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
Additional late 7th added

4 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I’m not sure what Taco adds this point.  Watched every game he played in college, big fan. But what is he in the NFL? If he brought any kind of edge rush I think rod the bod would have gotten something out of him.  He didn’t do much in Miami who runs a similar scheme.  Giving his length at this point I’d guess the hope would be he can put on a little weight and be more of a 5tec but idk. It would def be a patriots style move giving him another chance. I’m indifferent on it but that 6 could potentially be used to move around a bit 

I feel the same way. I’d rather keep the sixth to move around or just take a flyer on someone. I think the chances he doesn’t work are greater than him working out.

Just now, LionArkie said:

Taylor, dobbins and Dugger all off the board.

See, I'm torn on the whole RB thing.

I've never had a problem taking the right back in the 1st or 2nd round, but then I hear lots of people argue that they simply aren't worth a premium pick.

Which is it?

59 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

See, I'm torn on the whole RB thing.

I've never had a problem taking the right back in the 1st or 2nd round, but then I hear lots of people argue that they simply aren't worth a premium pick.

Which is it?

I agree they aren’t worth a premium and I wasn’t suggesting trading up for them. I think once the third comes around that’s the time to start looking. Now if you have your team in order, I’d be a little more lenient. I don’t think I’d take one in the first, but I’d probably value them higher than a wr. But I’m weird so there’s that to consider as well. I would value all ol positions above a rb.

Just now, LionArkie said:

I agree they aren’t worth a premium and I wasn’t suggesting trading up for them. I think once the third comes around that’s the time to start looking. Now if you have your team in order, I’d be a little more lenient. I don’t think I’d take one in the first, but I’d probably value them higher than a wr. But I’m weird so there’s that to consider as well. I would value all ol positions above a rb.

Haha. Makes sense.

I didn't mean to imply that you wanted one in a trade-up or anything. I just see such drastically different opinions on drafting the position.

Now, I know this is both slightly misleading and an oversimplification, but, some food for thought:

We entered the draft with the following draft picks:

Pick #3
Pick #35
Pick #67
Pick #85
Pick #109
Pick #149
Pick #167
Pick #183

So far, we have drafted the following:

Pick 1 - Jeffrey Okudah
Pick 2 - Javon Kinlaw
Pick 3 - Brandon Aiyuk
Pick #85
Pick #149
Pick #185
Pick #198
Pick #236

It's a really nice haul in the scheme of things.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Now, I know this is both slightly misleading and an oversimplification, but, some food for thought:

We entered the draft with the following draft picks:

Pick #3
Pick #35
Pick #67
Pick #85
Pick #109
Pick #149
Pick #167
Pick #183

So far, we have drafted the following:

Pick 1 - Jeffrey Okudah
Pick 2 - Javon Kinlaw
Pick 3 - Brandon Aiyuk
Pick #85
Pick #149
Pick #185
Pick #198
Pick #236

It's a really nice haul in the scheme of things.

I thought we had 9 picks going into the draft. 

This has been a nice draft. Excellent maneuvering up and down the draft board. I would not be upset if this happened IRL. 

Just something for shoots and giggles. If we had stayed put after chargers trade and with the players left on the board. I wonder who everyone would have wanted to select with our second round picks.  

Mine would have been Cesar Ruiz and Ross Blacklock

Edited by Lionized
  • Like 1