FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

2 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

Did Big Mike Onwenu get drafted?

I think if we go OL, we should find someone with OT capabilities since we have drafted 2 OGs already.  Clarke potentially could play OT but guessing he finds more success at OG.  Although I think CB is leader in the clubhouse. 

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think if we go OL, we should find someone with OT capabilities since we have drafted 2 OGs already.  Clarke potentially could play OT but guessing he finds more success at OG.  Although I think CB is leader in the clubhouse. 

I don't necessarily disagree, but, if someone like Onwenu were drafted in rounds 4-5 in real life, and we landed him in the 7th, that would look pretty good. It would also bolster the position that was regarded as one of our weakest entering FFMD.

Clark really does have a profile as a run-blocking OLineman, which works well with the Vaitai signing: if we were to land Onwenu, we could pencil Clark in as a developmental OG/OT behind Vaitai.

Either way, I'm open to the best overall player. Or the majority vote. Or remaining on the clock with our unspent 7th round pick until FFMD II '21, so that (in theory) we'd have the 1st overall pick.

29 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I don't necessarily disagree, but, if someone like Onwenu were drafted in rounds 4-5 in real life, and we landed him in the 7th, that would look pretty good. It would also bolster the position that was regarded as one of our weakest entering FFMD.

Clark really does have a profile as a run-blocking OLineman, which works well with the Vaitai signing: if we were to land Onwenu, we could pencil Clark in as a developmental OG/OT behind Vaitai.

Either way, I'm open to the best overall player. Or the majority vote. Or remaining on the clock with our unspent 7th round pick until FFMD II '21, so that (in theory) we'd have the 1st overall pick.

I think for realism and the like that I'd like to make that pick this year. 

I'm thinking that we've bolstered the OG position quite a bit at this stage. Bredeson, Wiggins, Clark plus Vaitai could be in the mix there along with Beau, Aboushi, etc. 

Not just because he was one of my picks but I think that a guy like Harper would be a solid late round guy. His athleticism jumps off of the page and we can use guys like that as possible replacements for a guy like Slay. When you run your defense back to front, it pays to have a lot of talented players in your bullpen. Trufant isn't going to be around forever while Oruwariye is a 5th rounder that still needs to develop.

Several teams at the combine supposedly inquired about his willingness to play DT. Thought that was interesting.  The Patriots have shown interest in him so there’s a solid chance Bob tries to cut them off at the pass (a few rounds to early.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigC421/ said:

Several teams at the combine supposedly inquired about his willingness to play DT. Thought that was interesting.  The Patriots have shown interest in him so there’s a solid chance Bob tries to cut them off at the pass (a few rounds to early.)

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I think for realism and the like that I'd like to make that pick this year. 

I'm thinking that we've bolstered the OG position quite a bit at this stage. Bredeson, Wiggins, Clark plus Vaitai could be in the mix there along with Beau, Aboushi, etc. 

Not just because he was one of my picks but I think that a guy like Harper would be a solid late round guy. His athleticism jumps off of the page and we can use guys like that as possible replacements for a guy like Slay. When you run your defense back to front, it pays to have a lot of talented players in your bullpen. Trufant isn't going to be around forever while Oruwariye is a 5th rounder that still needs to develop.

My bad. That last part wasn't serious.

Yeah, I get it completely. Harper sounds fantastic, and I think that's a great pick. I'm just open to anything, even if that means adding another upside body to the IOL.

FFMD AWARDS

Come vote for your favorites! We will present awards at 8pm est on Monday 4/20

Nominations based on recommendations from the Writing Team and the FFMD Board (aka don't at me if you don't like it....lol)

https://forms.gle/VQB3GGP7aPub5yxo6 

This was posted in the FFMD Discussion thread. The Lions certainly got some love, which is great to see.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I voted for the Ravens for best draft... I kid, I kid. There's at least one vote in our favour. 

We certainly did, even if we only are nominated. Nice to see the efforts paying off and being noticed. Not sure how we're in the running for best draft but none of our mid-round or late-round picks are nominated in their respective categories. 

Edited by Karnage84
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

I voted for the Ravens for best draft... I kid, I kid. There's at least one vote in our favour. 

We certainly did, even if we only are nominated. Nice to see the efforts paying off and being noticed. Not sure how we're in the running for best draft but none of our mid-round or late-round picks are nominated in their respective categories. 

Yeah, I think they're really high on the first three.

I like what the Raiders did: they grabbed CeeDee Lamb, then traded #20 to the Panthers for their 2021 1st and 2nd round picks, then gave mid-2nd round value for Delpit. That Carolina pick could easily be top 5, which would put them in the running for Lawrence or Fields with a bunch of other assets.

There are quite a few that think the Chiefs had a great draft, but I'm not a big fan of spending a mid-2nd and 4th round picks on RBs for a pass-heavy offense. I'm probably in the minority on this.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, I think they're really high on the first three.

I like what the Raiders did: they grabbed CeeDee Lamb, then traded #20 to the Panthers for their 2021 1st and 2nd round picks, then gave mid-2nd round value for Delpit. That Carolina pick could easily be top 5, which would put them in the running for Lawrence or Fields with a bunch of other assets.

There are quite a few that think the Chiefs had a great draft, but I'm not a big fan of spending a mid-2nd and 4th round picks on RBs for a pass-heavy offense. I'm probably in the minority on this.

I haven't followed along as closely to the other teams. I like Taylor quite a bit but he isn't as much of a pass catching threat right now. In fairness, David Montgomery wasn't either and he definitely showed promise for the Bears last year despite that. Who was their 4th round RB?

11 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I haven't followed along as closely to the other teams. I like Taylor quite a bit but he isn't as much of a pass catching threat right now. In fairness, David Montgomery wasn't either and he definitely showed promise for the Bears last year despite that. Who was their 4th round RB?

Zack Moss.

I mean, it definitely seems like good value. I'm just not as excited about two RBs with 2nd and 4th round picks.

41 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Absolutely. I just don't know about stocking up on RBs with relatively high picks. I dunno...

I mean... if you've got Damien Williams as your starter and just drafted Jonathan Taylor, not sure Moss is needed. Would have been a bigger fan of their draft if they took Moss to pair with Williams

12 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I mean... if you've got Damien Williams as your starter and just drafted Jonathan Taylor, not sure Moss is needed. Would have been a bigger fan of their draft if they took Moss to pair with Williams

Yeah, that's where I'm at too. In a draft with such great talent in the 2nd round, you could've added a great piece and still drafted a good RB (like Moss) in the 4th.