Kenny Wiggins, OG

KEY BACKUPS (2)

Brandon Aiyuk, WR

Joshua Kelley, RB

BACKUPS (2)

Anfernee Jennings, DE/OLB

Deone Bucannon, S/LB

Cameron Clark, OT/OG

DEVELOPMENTAL PLAYERS/Practice Squad (4)

Xavier Jones, RB

Jeff Thomas, WR

J'Mar Smith, QB

Garrett Marino, DE/DT

• Like 2

I'm not sure Taco would be a day 1 starter, he is more in that development/potential cut range than starter.  But he is versatile and can definitely add to the depth at the rush LB/DE role.  

I like that we focused on some key areas and really improved them. 

• CB is obviously a lot better adding a true #1 along with Trufant and Coleman.  
  • The DL added depth at both DT and DE as well as a starter on the line in Kinlaw.  I think he greatly improves the pass rush as does Jennings and Taco as rotational pieces. 
  • The interior of our OL needed a lot of help and we did that by bringing in two rookies, one a little more raw and unknown being from a small school but showing plenty of upside.  The other able to step in and start day one hopefully.  
  • And we added depth to our important strengths in WR and RB due to the health of KJ.  I think from this draft we would greatly mprove our ground game and set up our pass game for life after Amendola/Marv. 

Overall I think we did a really nice job of moving around and although I wouldnt always do those moves in real life, it was a fun exercise and we worked well together finding guys we like and that fit our schemes. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

DAY 1 STARTERS (5)

Jeffrey Okudah, CB

Javon Kinlaw, DT

Ben Bredeson, OG

Taco Charlton, DE

Kenny Wiggins, OG

KEY BACKUPS (2)

Brandon Aiyuk, WR

Joshua Kelley, RB

BACKUPS (2)

Anfernee Jennings, DE/OLB

Deone Bucannon, S/LB

Cameron Clark, OT/OG

DEVELOPMENTAL PLAYERS/Practice Squad (4)

Xavier Jones, RB

Jeff Thomas, WR

J'Mar Smith, QB

Garrett Marino, DE/DT

If I had to guess, Aiyuk will get solid reps in as a WR3/4 for us, taking away Marvin Hall's snaps. Kelley won't see much in terms of work unless KJ and/or Scarborough go down but I think he'd get a few carries in to make his presence known. 

I don't think that Thomas makes the team. Could wind up on the practice squad, however there are character issues there and he's a bit of a smaller guy with good but not "drop your jaw" speed. Smith joins the ranks of Jake Rudock and Brad Kayaa as Lions late round QB prospects. 

I am probably in the minority, but I would have liked to see us add a TE late in the mix. James hasn't lived up to his contract and Logan Thomas is now going to be catching passes from Dwayne Haskins or Tua in DC. We still haven't gotten the position worked out and I would like to see someone with potential get into the mix. 

Favourite Pick: Javon Kinlaw

Least Favourite: Jeff Thomas

Sleeper Pick: Cameron Clark

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

If I had to guess, Aiyuk will get solid reps in as a WR3/4 for us, taking away Marvin Hall's snaps. Kelley won't see much in terms of work unless KJ and/or Scarborough go down but I think he'd get a few carries in to make his presence known. 

I don't think that Thomas makes the team. Could wind up on the practice squad, however there are character issues there and he's a bit of a smaller guy with good but not "drop your jaw" speed. Smith joins the ranks of Jake Rudock and Brad Kayaa as Lions late round QB prospects. 

I am probably in the minority, but I would have liked to see us add a TE late in the mix. James hasn't lived up to his contract and Logan Thomas is now going to be catching passes from Dwayne Haskins or Tua in DC. We still haven't gotten the position worked out and I would like to see someone with potential get into the mix. 

Favourite Pick: Javon Kinlaw

Least Favourite: Jeff Thomas

Sleeper Pick: Cameron Clark

Agreed, I have liked what I have read on Matthew Wilkerson as a late TE sleeper.  Big and athletic, played DE too.  If there were an UDFA period I would fight for a TE and he is one of those small school guys I like to take chances on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Agreed, I have liked what I have read on Matthew Wilkerson as a late TE sleeper.  Big and athletic, played DE too.  If there were an UDFA period I would fight for a TE and he is one of those small school guys I like to take chances on. 

@TL-TwoWinsAway is there a UDFA period that could be tacked on? Maybe you put in a list of guys and bid on them? Get approved and/or rejected by a committee? 

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

There often is. It was supposed to be after the draft this year but they've decided not to have it after all.

I feel like a lot of forums have lost interest at this point.  They usually only do 4 or 5 rounds in these so to get through 7 was a small miracle.  Glad they brought it back. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

I feel like a lot of forums have lost interest at this point.  They usually only do 4 or 5 rounds in these so to get through 7 was a small miracle.  Glad they brought it back. 

Yeah, definitely. Interest really seemed to die down as we moved forward.

There used to be a bidding system for rounds 5-7, where teams would "bid" a draft pick on an available player. If that bid remained the highest bid for 24 hours, the team would get that player. It was a really good system and made the last few rounds exciting.