FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

@Karnage84  @LionArkie  @Sllim Pickens  @Bishop86  @BigC421/  @Louis Friend

The FFMD II NFL Draft begins tomorrow morning. As we'll (most likely) have an early pick, we should be drafting sometime around noon. That being said, both LAC and MIA are discussing a potential trade for #3. (Underscoring the word potential.)

MIA: #5 and #26

LAC: #6, #37 and #112

LAC has expressed that they would not like to increase that offer. As it stands, MIA's has slightly more value, and that draft positioning is attractive. Either way, I'd like to get a feel for stuff this evening, as things might move quickly tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

@Karnage84  @LionArkie  @Sllim Pickens  @Bishop86  @BigC421/  @Louis Friend

The FFMD II NFL Draft begins tomorrow morning. As we'll (most likely) have an early pick, we should be drafting sometime around noon. That being said, both LAC and MIA are discussing a potential trade for #3. (Underscoring the word potential.)

MIA: #5 and #26

LAC: #6, #37 and #112

LAC has expressed that they would not like to increase that offer. As it stands, MIA's has slightly more value, and that draft positioning is attractive. Either way, I'd like to get a feel for stuff this evening, as things might move quickly tomorrow.

I’d obviously lean the MIA deal.  If the Chargers want us to pass on Tua, tell them to throw in a future pick.  Doesn’t help for this exercise but feels better if we were to pass on a potential stud QB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Thoughts on Forrest Lamp, OG, LAC, and Taco Charlton, DE, MIA?

I actually like both at the right price.  I think Charlton would be a solid depth DE, Lamp has a lot of versatility and is a good pass protector.  Might even consider him at RT and Big V at RG.  That would definitely be a solid depth throw in to get us over the hump on that deal. 

I actually think I’d like the San Diego deal better. There’s not going to much of a drop off between 26 and 37 and then you have the extra 112. Could be ammo to move back up or there is solid depth in this draft. I’m going to want quite a bit to pass up on Tua. Dude is going to be a stud.

Edited by LionArkie

Just now, LionArkie said:

I actually think I’d like the San Diego deal better. There’s not going to much of a drop off between 26 and 37 and the. You have the extra 112. Could be ammo to move back up or there is solid depth in this draft.

They'd like to get the deal done, although it appears that the MIA deal is stronger right now. The Chargers are considering adding a future 3rd round pick, or discussing possibly adding Forrest Lamp, to ensure that we go with them.

Without a future 3rd or Lamp, I think we go with MIA: the TVC value is slightly higher, and we could always trade down from #26 and get additional picks.

I'm trying to get something on the table before I head to bed soon. I'll be up around 3 or 4 A.M. to hopefully get something firm here before the morning gets going.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I vote for San Diego 6, 37, 112, and Lamp.

I would too if Lamp is involved.  If not I still lean the Dolphins.  Could have some trade down opportunities if we wanted to add more picks later and gives us one more player in play for our first pick. Which is big IMO. 

• Like 2

@Sllim Pickens  @Louis Friend  @Karnage84  @LionArkie  @Bishop86  @BigC421/

(My links stopped working for some reason...)

Still waiting on a final word from the Dolphins, which may take into tomorrow. To get the deal done, the Chargers were willing to increase their offer. I think this deal works well for all sides and allows us to know where we stand heading into tomorrow:

The Lions receive: #6, #37, #112 and a future 3rd round pick

The Chargers receive: #3

(Important detail: this trade is contingent on Tua being available at #3.)

Please, vote 'yea' or 'nay'.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

18 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

@Sllim Pickens  @Louis Friend  @Karnage84  @LionArkie  @Bishop86  @BigC421/

(My links stopped working for some reason...)

Still waiting on a final word from the Dolphins, which may take into tomorrow. To get the deal done, the Chargers were willing to increase their offer. I think this deal works well for all sides and allows us to know where we stand heading into tomorrow:

The Lions receive: #6, #37, #112 and a future 3rd round pick

The Chargers receive: #3

(Important detail: this trade is contingent on Tua being available at #3.)

Please, vote 'yea' or 'nay'.

Can we get another current year pick and a future 4th instead of 3rd?

Just now, Karnage84 said:

Can we get another current year pick and a future 4th instead of 3rd?

I don't think so. I think this is the point where the value received and current timeframe are ideal. (They're also losing two additional picks this year, and were reluctant to lose anything else. It is a drafting mock, after all.)