FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

3 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Or, if no #26, then #39 and a 3rd round pick would be pretty convincing. (Even with Taco added for good measure. Makes it a party.)

I'm kind of leaning more towards Tua at this point.  Unless we just get the two 1st round picks.  I know he has injury history but teams have been drooling over him for 3 years.  Its not every day you have a chance to draft someone like him.  If we have discussions with someone in the late 20s and can use the 2nd and 3rd from Sd to get back into the first then maybe thats an option but I dont want to give two early 2nds to move back into the first. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

I'm kind of leaning more towards Tua at this point.  Unless we just get the two 1st round picks.  I know he has injury history but teams have been drooling over him for 3 years.  Its not every day you have a chance to draft someone like him.  If we have discussions with someone in the late 20s and can use the 2nd and 3rd from Sd to get back into the first then maybe thats an option but I dont want to give two early 2nds to move back into the first. 

Yeah, makes sense.

Is this to say that you're voting 'nay' on the Chargers' offer?

I'd lean that way unless we really think we can move back into the first with just what we get from them.  

Back into the late first, possibly. We also have the Eagles' 3rd round pick (#85), which we could always package with #37 to get to near pick #26.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Back into the late first, possibly. We also have the Eagles' 3rd round pick (#85), which we could always package with #37 to get to near pick #26.

That just further lowers the value on the trade for 3 though.  So in essence we would be trading pick 3 and a 3rd for pick 6, mid 20s and a late pick.  Just doesnt seem to have the value to me of passing on Tua. 

That just further lowers the value on the trade for 3 though.  So in essence we would be trading pick 3 and a 3rd for pick 6, mid 20s and a late pick.  Just doesnt seem to have the value to me of passing on Tua. 

I see what you're saying here.

What about moving all the way up with JAX at #9? We drop down to #6 and take 22, then trade #35, #37 and #67 to JAX for #9 (targeting a 21 type).

We'd still have #85 and two 4th round picks...

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I see what you're saying here.

What about moving all the way up with JAX at #9? We drop down to #6 and take 22, then trade #35, #37 and #67 to JAX for #9 (targeting a 21 type).

We'd still have #85 and two 4th round picks...

Not sure I love that given the depth of this draft.  I'd rather have prospects 6 and 13 or 6 and 39/7/57 than just 22.  I think the move up into the mid/late first should be for 42, 38, 65, 51. 

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Not sure I love that given the depth of this draft.  I'd rather have prospects 6 and 13 or 6 and 39/7/57 than just 22.  I think the move up into the mid/late first should be for 42, 38, 65, 51. 

I'm thinking you meant 21 from the above scenario, correct? Just want to make sure we're on the same page.

Alright gentlemen. Good work so far. We've been able to add a premium 2nd round pick, an additional 4th, and a future 3rd.

Now that the deal is done, it's time to focus on pick #6. We might as well unmask 22: I don't think anyone is moving in front of us, and Simmons is almost guaranteed to be there when we pick.

Pick #6 is on the clock at 1:20 P.M. If you can, please try and stick around in case something comes in.