FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

39 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

We have been contacted by the GM of the Las Angeles Chargers about a potential trade for #3. Appropriate TVC value lists their #6, #37 and #112 as perfect value for the #3.

Thoughts?

Using past trade ups to demonstrate value, we should be looking at approximately 15-20% premium for a trade up for a QB. 

#3 = 2200

#6 = 1600

#37 = 530

#112 = 70

Total = 2200 *1.20 =2640 (+ 440 pts)

Instead of #112, I would ask for #71 (235 points). That's an 11% premium, which is pretty fair and doesn't deplete all of their draft capital. 

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Using past trade ups to demonstrate value, we should be looking at approximately 15-20% premium for a trade up for a QB. 

#3 = 2200

#6 = 1600

#37 = 530

#112 = 70

Instead of #112, I would ask for #71 (235 points). That's an 11% premium, which is pretty fair and doesn't deplete all of their draft capital. 

I'd try to get the 5th #151, which is 29.8 pts but that would only leave them with a 4, 6, 7th. Doubt they'd go for that. 

12 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

#3 = 2200

#6 = 1600

#37 = 530

#112 = 70

I guess we'll have to see if a market develops for #3. I'm clearly not against asking for #71, but they'll have to have an incentive to add more.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I guess we'll have to see if a market develops for #3. I'm clearly not against asking for #71, but they'll have to have an incentive to add more.

If Miami has interest, then we could see that for sure. We can use examples of past QB trades so that it doesn't look like this is coming from out of left field and they'll be more open to the thought as opposed to thinking they're getting fleeced. 

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

If Miami has interest, then we could see that for sure. We can use examples of past QB trades so that it doesn't look like this is coming from out of left field and they'll be more open to the thought as opposed to thinking they're getting fleeced. 

Yeah, makes sense.

I'm also not opposed to OAK for #12, #19 and another pick.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, makes sense.

I'm also not opposed to OAK for #12, #19 and another pick.

I dunno. I REALLY don't want to move too far off of where we're not getting Okudah unless we made a trade for Gilmore in the "Slay-esque" compensation range. 

Just now, Karnage84 said:

I dunno. I REALLY don't want to move too far off of where we're not getting Okudah unless we made a trade for Gilmore in the "Slay-esque" compensation range. 

On that note, ask about Gilmore and see if he's available (I remember seeing Thuney but can't remember if you mentioned anyone else on NE).

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

On that note, ask about Gilmore and see if he's available (I remember seeing Thuney but can't remember if you mentioned anyone else on NE).

Yeah, not sure on Gilmore.

Thuney is intriguing, if we have an interest in paying a big deal for an OG. We could potentially move down to #5/#6 and trade one of the picks received from MIA/LAC for Thuney.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, not sure on Gilmore.

Thuney is intriguing, if we have an interest in paying a big deal for an OG. We could potentially move down to #5/#6 and trade one of the picks received from MIA/LAC for Thuney.

Might as well ask and see what they say about him. In a one-year thing, he could be a viable option as a veteran guy in the NE system at a reasonable cost (like $10M for us).