FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

I’m good with it.  I like 21 quite a bit and he reall helps a weakness, but I get concerned about 2/3 other positions that we also need to fill.  But as far as drafts go, if we get two top 15 picks, one of which being a top 10 talent IMO, it’s a win.  Can always look at trading up later too.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I’m good with it.  I like 21 quite a bit and he reall helps a weakness, but I get concerned about 2/3 other positions that we also need to fill.  But as far as drafts go, if we get two top 15 picks, one of which being a top 10 talent IMO, it’s a win.  Can always look at trading up later too.  

My rationale: we basically took Okudah at #3 and Kinlaw fell to #35. (And had a 5th magically upgrade to a 4th while finding a future 3rd on the ground somewhere.)

I'd much prefer Kinlaw to Gallimore, and we can find a good player at 13's position in round 3.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

Underwhelming player coming of a broken fibula and tore acl few years,  ehhh

how do we feel if 57 or 36 makes it to the 3rd?  I know people don’t always like combine risers but the more film I watch on him I think 4 can develop into a real player.  

I'd love to see a 57 as a Lion.  However, if someone like 13 is still there in the 3rd I think he needs to be the pick. I'm still concerned about that position group. But you wouldn't have to twist my arm one bit for 57.

• Like 1

13s teammate is probably more realistic but either is solid value in the 3rd, even there other teammate as a later round guy with huge upside.  3rd rd could be a great spot to double up at the position (group) depending on how the board falls.  I think we need to come away with at least 2 before the 5th rds this over

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

13s teammate is probably more realistic but either is solid value in the 3rd, even there other teammate as a later round guy with huge upside.  3rd rd could be a great spot to double up at the position (group) depending on how the board falls.  I think we need to come away with at least 2 before the 5th rds this over

You're probably right, but I think there is going to be someone who surprises us in the third round. The hard thing is going to be waiting and not wanting to trade up.  There are going to be a lot of very tempting players in the second. 96 also wouldn't look bad in the 3rd.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

You're probably right, but I think there is going to be someone who surprises us in the third round. The hard thing is going to be waiting and not wanting to trade up.  There are going to be a lot of very tempting players in the second. 96 also wouldn't look bad in the 3rd.

This is absolutely true. There are players that drop that will be great value at #67. Unfortunately, that's Monday...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

This is absolutely true. There are players that drop that will be great value at #67. Unfortunately, that's Monday...

With the current lock down, do the days even mean anything anymore?  Like you could tell me today is Wednesday and I'd have to look it up, lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LionArkie said:

Absolutely, have to let the board fall to us.  This thing moves slow we start to talk about guys we’re willing to trade up for as we get into the mid 2nd I think 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Okudah and Kinlaw.

AMAZING JOB!

You don’t often see old diehard doing a happy dance. 🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺😎

Ha. Appreciate it dhlf. Definitely a group effort: we really had to sell some things as a forum to get these opportunities. The guys did a great job.

I'd like for us all to discuss Mr. Forrest Lamp, OL, LAC: 6'4", 310 lbs, just turned 26 years old. Early 2nd round pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. Regarded as a versatile tactician on the OL.

He tore his ACL in training camp as a rookie, then broke his fibula last year. As a result, he has only 9 games played entering his 4th year in the NFL.

It appears as if LAC brought in Trai Turner to give them a reliable starter at OG, making him (potentially) expendable. We aren't in that position: out of all of our bodies at IOL (outside of Ragnow), he'd likely be our best.

I don't think the asking price would be too high, and we'd get to see what he has during his pivotal 4th year to know if we should keep him around.

Thoughts?