FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

21 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Humor me for a second...

If we offered our early 3rd, mid 3rd and early 4th, and were able to draft 42, would you guys want to go that route? We'd still be able to draft a decent player at 13's position in the early 4th round.

Just turning over all of the stones...

I gotta clarify this: it would also include the Chargers' future 3rd round pick.

It would basically be us trading our 3rd round pick and the Eagles' 3rd round pick (Slay trade) for 42, as we received an early 4th and that future 3rd from the Chargers' trade down. We'd still have an early 4th to spend on 13's position.

Again, if the consensus is no to 42, I completely get it. Wouldn't be mad.

I like 42, but I think there is a balance that needs to be made between getting good talent and giving up possible good talent.  We already lost a few picks for Kinlaw.  I think we really need to focus now on filling our roster with young cheap talent and there is a lot of talent in the 3rd.  We could wait and see if someone like 96 is there for us. Although he is not on 42's level, he could be a good solid piece and the drop off may not be that bad.  I wouldn't mind coming out of the next few rounds with 89, 13's position, and 96 instead of just 42.  Think we need to look at talent + roster depth vs just talent.

Edited by LionArkie

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Sounds great. Makes sense.

A man can dream...

I hear you.  I was really torn on that Kinlaw trade.  I don't think we would regret it and if 42 were to pan out I don't think we would remember it.  It's a tough call.

There is absolutely a point where quality and quantity meet. I often struggle to find that point.

As it stands, and after adding Okudah and Kinlaw, I think we're in fantastic shape: two 3rds and needs where the board will likely be strong. Also, two early 4ths, a great opportunity to add some quality depth. Kinlaw was our quality, and now it's time for quantity.

I get excited, though... those shiny object are so darn shiny.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

There is absolutely a point where quality and quantity meet. I often struggle to find that point.

As it stands, and after adding Okudah and Kinlaw, I think we're in fantastic shape: two 3rds and needs where the board will likely be strong. Also, two early 4ths, a great opportunity to add some quality depth. Kinlaw was our quality, and now it's time for quantity.

I get excited, though... those shiny object are so darn shiny.

And then...

I sit here and tell myself: if we entered the draft with one pick in each round, and left the draft with Okudah in the 1st, Kinlaw in the 2nd, 42 in the 3rd, and still had a 4th round pick to spend on BPA (or 13's position), that draft would be incredible. Phenomenal. A+ work, and a huge boost to this team moving forward.

The things I tell myself.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

And then...

I sit here and tell myself: if we entered the draft with one pick in each round, and left the draft with Okudah in the 1st, Kinlaw in the 2nd, 42 in the 3rd, and still had a 4th round pick to spend on BPA (or 13's position), that draft would be incredible. Phenomenal. A+ work, and a huge boost to this team moving forward.

The things I tell myself.

Rite but I think there is no way Kinlaw is getting past Atlanta and dallas

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Thank goodness... the 49ers drafted Epenesa. Phew. Back to business as usual.

We are potentially trying to trade him....just saying...

We were going to take him, so we were working on trades with people who wanted him and time just ran out on us. 

Just now, Forge said:

We are potentially trying to trade him....just saying...

We were going to take him, so we were working on trades with people who wanted him and time just ran out on us. 

I want him. I love him. A few of us feel that way, while a few others aren't as interested. I just don't think we have the resources to top the other offers.

1 minute ago, Lionized said:

Rite but I think there is no way Kinlaw is getting past Atlanta and dallas

My bad, I wasn't clear: had we been able to move up and draft Epenesa, it would've been like we left the draft with Okudah in the 1st, Kinlaw in the 2nd and Epenesa in the 3rd, with picks remaining in rounds 4-7. It would've only been made possible by using the extra picks we received from the Chargers to move back up. (And, of course, the Slay trade.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

My bad, I wasn't clear: had we been able to move up and draft Epenesa, it would've been like we left the draft with Okudah in the 1st, Kinlaw in the 2nd and Epenesa in the 3rd, with picks remaining in rounds 4-7. It would've only been made possible by using the extra picks we received from the Chargers to move back up. (And, of course, the Slay trade.)

That would’ve been pretty darned fine.

• Like 1

Gentlemen.

The Ravens have Matt Judon on the block after franchise tagging him for the 2020 season. I haven't inquired, and I'm not sure of the asking price, but he has had quite the career, and would be a very good starting DE across from Flowers. If we could toss them a 3rd round pick (again, not saying they'd accept), would that interest the group?

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/matt-judon-baltimore-ravens-2020-free-agent

Just kicking tires. Thoughts?

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway