FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I see Hand playing a really big role for us, as Patricia likes to throw a bunch of different looks together.

Gotcha. Hard to know sometimes with other teams. Don't really follow enough to know much

1 minute ago, nagahide13 said:

Watching this from afar and I'm impressed. Really like what I've seen so far. Nice work TL

Thanks a lot.

The group has done a great job. Had they not pushed Tua, the market for a trade down may not have materialized... the Dolphins weren't interested in talks before that started, and the Dolphins' interest made the Chargers increase their offer. That, and, had they not pushed Simmons, I'm not exactly sure we would've landed Okudah. Pushing Simmons actually got a team to jump to #4 to draft him, which may have paved the way.

It has been a lot of fun working with everyone.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

They insisted on #67, which is worth a 3rd round comp pick more than #85.

Ok got ya, still against.  Judah is a guy we’d have to pay more than he’s worth I hope everyone understands that.  I’d be against signing him as a FA most likely so def not down with giving up a 3rd rd pick

we’re already grossly over paying one end let’s not make it 2.  

Edited by BigC421/

Fair enough.

It's my opinion that we can't draft a guy in the mid 3rd round that'll provide the same impact that Judon would, especially considering the state of our team. We're in Stafford's "window" (if we even have such a thing), and have an opportunity to land a 27/28 year old that can rush the passer in the NFL right away. No NFL curve, no rookie wall, no development needed... he steps in right next to Kinlaw, Shelton and Flowers and gives us a very good, very dangerous DLine.

I had proposed a heavily front-loaded 3 year, $51M contract, which gives us an out after the second year. In my opinion, his impact is worth a mid-3rd round pick.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway