FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

He doesn't fit their scheme but he fits ours?

I know nothing (Jon Snow) about MIA's schemes. It's no secret that he has underwhelmed, and they seem to have a bunch of players at the position. I know, from his profile and draft scouting reports, he would absolutely fit the mold of a player we could use at DE, and would come at the cost of 6th round value. Low risk add, in my opinion, but a likely upgrade over Jonathan Wynn and Austin Bryant.

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I know nothing (Jon Snow) about MIA's schemes. It's no secret that he has underwhelmed, and they seem to have a bunch of players at the position. I know, from his profile and draft scouting reports, he would absolutely fit the mold of a player we could use at DE, and would come at the cost of 6th round value. Low risk add, in my opinion, but a likely upgrade over Jonathan Wynn and Austin Bryant.

Sure, go for it. 

Bring him home.

We all get Taco's!

Edited by Karnage84
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Thanks! Everyone who has participated has done a great job.

Yeah, I'm really torn on it all as well. If we can come away with a great 13's position at #85, I think the draft might look that much better, but it's hard to ignore then number if 'very good' players we could have added over the fewer 'great' players that we did.

One thing I really like is that we were able to land a few players that our staff loved: Arkie is a huge fan of Kinlaw, even having him on his short list at #3/#6, and BigC really wanted Aiyuk. I do think that each of these pieces is a safe, upside pick, minimizing the chance that they bust (and set this team back). In addition, 13's position is one where very good players can usually be drafted in the mid rounds.

I guess we'll see how it all works out.

I really want to hit 13's position here  at 85, but with this being said, I still think we need to focus on bpa.  What do others think? I think it could be very plausible we might not come out of this with 13's position.

Edited by LionArkie

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

I really want to hit 13's position here  at 85, but with this being said, I still think we need to focus on bpa.  What do others think? I think it could be very plausible we might not come out of this with 13's position.

That would be... uncomfortable. Fortunately for us, that's a perfect spot for that position in this draft.

If a few targets go beforehand, we can always try and trade down a bit for extra resources, but I have a feeling that there will be someone there at that position worthy of that selection.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I agree with BPA.  If a player falls at another position, we nab him. We can fill in 13s position with a later pick, trade, or free agency later.  

I thought I'd add a players who are left and I'm high on. As others have suggested, it might help kind of see the board. These are not in order of preference. These are just prospects I think are talented and would be good value, not necessarily need.  Anybody else want to add anything?

20, 30, 62, 66, 89, 96, 17, 60

Edited by LionArkie

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

I actually think their is a player at 13’s position that will be available at 85 and is BPA, depending on who else gets drafted until then. He’s a guy I spoke to TL about earlier in the draft. 

Definitely.

And, fine. I'll get working on that prospect list. I've been procrastinating, as the picks being made now sort of help to trim it down. But, regardless... I'll get to work.

Gimmie an hour or so.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Definitely.

And, fine. I'll get working on that prospect list. I've been procrastinating, as the picks being made now sort of help to trim it down. But, regardless... I'll get to work.

Gimmie an hour or so.

You have 59 minutes...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Definitely.

Gimmie an hour or so.

Put some of those young ones to work and do the list for you!

Alright. One sec.

Are there positions that shouldn't be added to this list? Realistically, do we want to draft another WR, even if it may be in the BPA running at #85? What about TE, or CB...

I'd like for this list to be as inclusive as possible without wasting a bunch of space on players that no one wants.