FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

Since we are abandoning the chart for Tua, I would say that I am on board with just taking him.  I agree that he likely is more valuable to us than we can get in return, especially in an FFMD.  If we get a good trade offer I am up for that as well but if we stay at 3, we should strongly consider Tua and moving Stafford (or letting him sit a year behind Stafford). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Since we are abandoning the chart for Tua, I would say that I am on board with just taking him.  I agree that he likely is more valuable to us than we can get in return, especially in an FFMD.  If we get a good trade offer I am up for that as well but if we stay at 3, we should strongly consider Tua and moving Stafford (or letting him sit a year behind Stafford). 

Yeah, exactly. I'm leaning this way as well.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Very interesting.

That's how OTC's calculator is showing it. They even suggested before that his cap hit with a pre-June 1st trade would be $24M vs the $32 being reported, so it's possible that this could be even less but I think we shouldn't get too optimistic. 

I'd offer a 3rd to Cincy for Dalton in that case after drafting Tua and trading Stafford. That opens up cap space and assuming Burrow is their guy, clear cut line to being Bengals starter without any potential revolts. 

• Like 1

Update: I've been in contact with mountainpd, the GM of the Dolphins. They have expressed an interest in the #3 pick. Right now, it appears that #5 and #26 for #3 is where we stand: they have asked for our 3rd round pick to be considered, but I've informed them that it doesn't seem like an option. We have both agreed that, in real life, the Dolphins would undoubtedly have to give more to make the move, but, for the sake of FFMD, it seems that #5 and #26 is reasonable.

So, two deals are potentially on the table right now: #5 and #26 or #6, #37 and #112. This doesn't include the Raiders, who have previously expressed an interest in #3.