FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

My vote is for Tua however if the room has decided against that I’d prefer to try to work something with Miami.  What if we go after 18 and send a late pick back there way.  They can play tough all they want at the end of the day they’ll feel a lot better coming out of this draft with Tua. 

4 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

My vote is for Tua however if the room has decided against that I’d prefer to try to work something with Miami.  What if we go after 18 and send a late pick back there way.  They can play tough all they want at the end of the day they’ll feel a lot better coming out of this draft with Tua. 

I think the biggest issue is the time frame of working it out. Also, if they’re not wanting to do 5 and 26, I’d don’t see why they would do 5 and 18 for 3 and a later pick.

• Like 1

For the record I don’t have a problem with the deal if we’re off Tua and Miami seems disinterested ( they know we’re voting I assume so it’s **** or get off the pot) 

Does SD have an official offer , seems a few different things were on the table

1 minute ago, BigC421/ said:

Does SD have an official offer , seems a few different things were on the table

Yep. Official LAC offer: #6, #37, #112 and a future 3rd round pick for #3, contingent with Tua being available at #3.

MIA was still discussing #5 and #26, but seemed to be on the fence, and possibly wanted us to toss another pick in.

The Chargers offer is a good one. If not accepted, we move to Phase 2.

2 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I don’t see why future picks are irrelevant for the exercise.  We’re playing front office, objective should be to do what’s best for the franchise not to put the best immediate roster on paper

Definitely. We don't get to spend them, so they're often seen as irrelevant. I think it looks good to have them.

Heading to bed guys. I'll be on early and all day tomorrow.

We're on the clock at 11:20 A.M., and will need to have a final decision before then. If not, we move to Phase 2.

Edit: Phase 2 doesn't have to be a secret, so I'll just post it now. If both trades fall through, we 100% draft Tua and give MIA and LAC 1 hour to give their best offer. If they don't, we happily keep him behind Stafford for a year before he becomes our franchise QB. If they want him, we'll accept the best offer.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I am iffy on the SD offer.  Is Lamp off the table now? I’d be fine with the offer but also don’t mind taking Tua.  Would SD have any interest in Stafford? Given the time frame, I don’t expect a lot of interaction so likely this is it or pick at 3? 

A few of them are willing to move Lamp. We can definitely offer something for him separate from this deal.

I don't think LAC has the cap space to take Stafford. They discussed it, but it would require that they cut a defensive veteran to make it work.