Myles Garrett vs. TJ Watt

BlaqOptic

Myles Garrett vs. TJ Watt  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Better Player/Who Would GMs Take?

• Garrett/Garrett
    • Garrett/Watt
    • Watt/Watt
    • Watt/Garrett

One thing that would put Watt above Garrett for me is that Myles seems to have trouble finding the football compared to other great EDGE rushers.  His forced fumble, pass deflection, and interception numbers have been pretty pedestrian throughout his career.  Meanwhile, Watt's nose for the football is incredible. 

On 4/4/2020 at 1:13 AM, BleedTheClock said:

How is it influencing the polls? Because it’s not the result you wanted? 

I don't know, it could be the influx of Browns fans coming in and making comments like Bud Dupree is about level with Watt or that Watt benefits from playing with Tyson Alu Alu (the poster was trying to insinuate Cameron Heyward despite Heyward playing on the other side)

Myles Garrett is widely considered to be better than TJ Watt. Not by some monumental margin, but very few people are taking Watt over Myles regardless of their fandom. So when Browns fans say Garrett over Watt...it’s lunacy? So what is it called when Pittsburgh fans vote for TJ Watt?

Again, I literally asked this question because it was so close on Twitter. Literally 10s of thousands of people voting and it was split by a hair. So this notion that Myles is "widely" considered to be better is a fallacy at best. It's far from lunacy for Browns fans to argue Myles is better. However, it's no coincidence when Browns fans suddenly post in droves within this topic that Myles takes a substantial lead

How dare Browns fans muddy up your poll by voting for the right answer!

Not what I was insinuating but do go on...

10 hours ago, AntonChigurh said:

He eats up space. 

Watts job is infinitly easier when your 3 tech requires a double team and he has a one on one with a rb/te

Alu Alu is a 5-tech and a serviceable one at best...

20 hours ago, AntonChigurh said:

He eats up space. 

Watts job is infinitly easier when your 3 tech requires a double team and he has a one on one with a rb/te

1. Tyson Alualu was the Steelers 4th best DL this year behind Heyward, Hargrove, and half a season of Tuitt. 

2. What kind of dumb**** blocking scheme are you looking at that the Tackle is downblocking the 3T in pass protection???? Certainly nothing an NFL team is running. 

• Like 4