FFMD 2020 - Cleveland Browns War Room

FGK

Welcome to the Future! 

Football's Future Mock Draft is back! An interactive mock draft where all 32 forums compete to put together the best possible draft for their franchise's future. 

I'll be the Browns GM for this exercise, but unlike a real NFL FO, we largely run this one as a democracy. We, the dregs of society, the Browns forum dwellers will get to prove, for like the umpteenth time, that we are better at this drafting thing than the real FO.

Right now I need input on three things:

1. Is somebody willing to be the Assistant GM, basically to have trade talks with other teams and make picks if I'm not on during out time slot?

2. Should we be looking into the price of trading up into the 4-7 range to get our first choice of OT?

3. Should we be looking into trading for any PLAYERS from other teams before the draft even gets rolling?

Let's do dis thang!!!

uploads1585184922811-joe-exotic-truck.gi

• Like 4

Interesting tidbits from the first few minutes of discussion:

OJ Howard is available.

Joe Thuney is available (NE is looking for a QB. Sorry Case Keenum, looks like you had a short run.)

Lotta teams looking to trade down. Miami looking to move up (in general, they don't want to make 14 picks). 

7 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'll be the Browns GM for this exercise, but unlike a real NFL FO, we largely run this one as a democracy.

Let’s keep politics out of this bro.

I will volunteer to be Assistant to the General Manger, but it has to be a job in title only as I’m pretty lazy.

• Like 3

Found this. A record of the Browns making possibly the greatest move in FFMD history in 2012 when we traded our 1st, 2nd, and 4th round picks and Marcus Benard for ANDREW LUCK.

Can you imagine Luck behind that Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, Mitchell Schwartz line? Geez

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541844&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

Then in 2016, we took Goff over Wentz (eh). But came back in the 2nd got MICHAEL FREAKING THOMAS! Who we as a forum took OVER Corey Coleman.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=20593290#20593290

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Should we be looking into trading for any PLAYERS from other teams before the draft even gets rolling? Thuney? OJ Howard? Trent Williams?

No on OJ. Look into what Washington wants. We can completely change up our draft plans if we get a LT. 

Got a feeler wondering our price on Njoku. Unless we are gonna replace him with someone like Howard I'm not super into moving on from him. Should I check the price tag on Howard and see if we could essentially flip them for each other?

Other interesting guys on the block:
- WR Dante Pettis
- WR Hakeem Butler
- LB Haason Reddick
- WR Albert Wilson
- FS Malik Hooker

12 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Got a feeler wondering our price on Njoku. Unless we are gonna replace him with someone like Howard I'm not super into moving on from him. Should I check the price tag on Howard and see if we could essentially flip them for each other?

Howards a better blocker, njoku and a 6th for howard?

14 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I wouldn't trade up in this draft unless it's to 8/9 range for a small amount, assuming we've traded our late third for Trent Williams and the available player is Okudah or Simmons perhaps. Otherwise, 10 should be an ideal spot. 

But if we get Trent Williams and Okudah/Simmons/Brown are all gone at 10, I'd be trading down.

As far as TE swap, it sounds promising. But especially, if we can profit from the trade, I'm listening. Put a 2nd round tag on Njoku and see if anyone bites? 🤔

Also, it we can get Trent for our late 3rd, I pull the trigger and extend him 3/$48 mil like Conklin. 

If we can get Anthony Harris for our late third or even our fourth,. he would be worth the big contract he'll likely call for.

Edited by NudeTayne

Tampa doesn't want Njoku, another team wants Njoku, so I'm basically thinking we use the pick we get for Njoku to turn around and get Howard.

The Texans are asking about Eli Ankou. Any depth players on Houston we want? I assume they aren't pretending to be BoB so we can't get Watson for Ankou and a 3rd.