FFMD 2020 - Cleveland Browns War Room

FGK

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

They don't want Njoku, another team wants Njoku, so I'm basically thinking we use the pick we get for Njoku to turn around and get Howard.

The Texans are asking about Eli Ankou. Any depth players on Houston we want? I assume they aren't pretending to be BoB so we can't get Watson for Ankou and a 3rd.

Duke Johnson?

Sheesh can someone help me find my draws? Doing zoom in my draws was fine for awhile, but then I just gave up. Until my iPad dropped 🤷🏼‍♂️  Hope nobody caught that. 

Anywhosit. Y’all better get this I ain’t stepping in to make picks this year. Last time I took the steer by the missing horns I was about as prepared as the real Browns. Ok yeah the Browns ain’t been real for 20 years. So yeah I was that unprepared. But the show must go on. 

18 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

3. Should we be looking into trading for any PLAYERS from other teams before the draft even gets rolling?

Offer Washington a Day 3 pick for Trent Williams. It gives us flexibility in the draft so we don’t have to do this:

18 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

2. Should we be looking into the price of trading up into the 4-7 range to get our first choice of OT?

Wills, Thomas, Wirfs in that order for me. Hard pass on Becton.

31 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

What's his cap hit? We could always trade him straight up for Vernon.

It's this actually an upgrade, though? I know Vernon has been injured a lot lately, but isn't he the better player at this point in their careers?

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

It's this actually an upgrade, though? I know Vernon has been injured a lot lately, but isn't he the better player at this point in their careers?

Last year Kerrigan only had 5.5 sacks, but in 2018 he had 13. Dating back to 2012 he's had at least 8.5 every year until last year. It depends on whether you think he fell off the grid last year or he's still got another year/two in him IMO.

• Like 1

So we are on the clock tomorrow from 4-4:40. With such a small window for the pick, I'd like to get a big board rolling for us. To avoid outside participation, I'm not going to use a poll. If you want to have your voice heard, post your top 5-6 big board in here between now and tomorrow around noon. I'll use those combined with the general sense of the forum to make the pick.

My top 5 (and this is assuming our roster is exactly how it is right now):

1. Jedrick Wills
2. Mehki Becton
3. Andrew Thomas
4. Tristan Wirfs
5. Josh Jones
6. Everyone Else 

We need a LT. I want to compete this year and we aren't doing it without a LT. Those top four all have their strengths and weaknesses, but at the same time all four would be in the conversation for the #1 tackle most years. Hell, Jones might be in the conversation for OT1 in weaker classes! He has fantastic tape it's just against much weaker competition than the big four.

If we were to acquire a LT some other way, and assuming Chase Young, Jeff Okudah, and Isaiah Simmons are gone, my preference list would be:

1. Jedrick Wills (I would still take him, any LT we get is gonna be a stop gap)
2. Trade down with someone looking for a QB, LT, etc.
3. Derrick Brown/Javon Kinlaw
4. Tristan Wirfs (with the plan to play him at RG for a couple years while he refines his technique and then kick him to tackle once our stop gap leaves.)

19 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

So we are on the clock tomorrow from 4-4:40. With such a small window for the pick, I'd like to get a big board rolling for us. To avoid outside participation, I'm not going to use a poll. If you want to have your voice heard, post your top 5-6 big board in here between now and tomorrow around noon. I'll use those combined with the general sense of the forum to make the pick.

My top 5 (and this is assuming our roster is exactly how it is right now):

1. Jedrick Wills
2. Mehki Becton
3. Andrew Thomas
4. Tristan Wirfs
5. Josh Jones
6. Everyone Else 

We need a LT. I want to compete this year and we aren't doing it without a LT. Those top four all have their strengths and weaknesses, but at the same time all four would be in the conversation for the #1 tackle most years. Hell, Jones might be in the conversation for OT1 in weaker classes! He has fantastic tape it's just against much weaker competition than the big four.

If we were to acquire a LT some other way, and assuming Chase Young, Jeff Okudah, and Isaiah Simmons are gone, my preference list would be:

1. Jedrick Wills (I would still take him, any LT we get is gonna be a stop gap)
2. Trade down with someone looking for a QB, LT, etc.
3. Derrick Brown/Javon Kinlaw
4. Tristan Wirfs (with the plan to play him at RG for a couple years while he refines his technique and then kick him to tackle once our stop gap leaves.)

just take darrin chiaverini