FFMD 2020 - Cleveland Browns War Room

FGK

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I think Miami is going to take a WR? Shocker, but that sounds like where they are leaning. That gets us to NYG at #7 who are definitely gonna take an OT. What would we give up to get to #7?

Just now, MWil23 said:

I wouldn't trade with Detroit. No way that they go OT when they have Taylor Decker already and are in "win now" mode with Patricia and company. They have to take BPA position player or go for a haul.

As for Wills, I'd like either him or Thomas, but I'd settle for Wirfs. It may be better to make a preemptive deal with #7/#8 to ensure we get our #1 OT. Detroit HAS to go BPA position player, then San Diego likely gets Herbert. We are looking at #7-#9 being critical picks for us, so moving into the #8 spot makes the most sense to me if we are going to move up, thus securing one of Wills and Thomas.

I'd try to slide into the #8 spot. Let them take Wills, we'll take Thomas. Thomas is a true LT anyway with a high floor and has better potential down the road for us. He can be our Day 1 LT, and with our running game/PA pass attack, his ability to transition from a gap to zone scheme I'm not as concerned about. I think he's a solid NFL starter with higher upside. I think the dropoff from 2-3 is more significant personally than from 1-2.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'd try to slide into the #8 spot. Let them take Wills, we'll take Thomas. Thomas is a true LT anyway with a high floor and has better potential down the road for us. He can be our Day 1 LT, and with our running game/PA pass attack, his ability to transition from a gap to zone scheme I'm not as concerned about. I think he's a solid NFL starter with higher upside. I think the dropoff from 2-3 is more significant personally than from 1-2.

Personally I'm not part of the Becton hate I see going around. I don't see how he's much riskier than anybody else in the top 4 and has elite upside the same as the rest. I'm starting to get the reasons for the Wirfs/Guard questions, but I still like him as well, just not as much without a one year stop gap at LT to give him an adjustment period.

I'll look into moving up. With it moving so fast it's hard to have time to talk through trades.

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Personally I'm not part of the Becton hate I see going around. I don't see how he's much riskier than anybody else in the top 4 and has elite upside the same as the rest.

...name the last 370 pound OT who has been dominant, especially with an analytics driven F.O. and scheme that has utilized, if anything, undersized OL. That's my thought.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

...name the last 370 pound OT who has been dominant, especially with an analytics driven F.O. and scheme that has utilized, if anything, undersized OL. That's my thought.

Yeah, I get that. But I doubt he rolls 370 during the season, I'd guess that would be more like 340. And special guys are special, it happens sometimes. He'd be my #3 in this group with our current situation, but I think he's still a worthwhile pick around #10.

Giants are talking about either going Wirfs or Edge right now, which would be nice for us.

• Like 1

Yeah, I get that. But I doubt he rolls 370 during the season, I'd guess that would be more like 340. And special guys are special, it happens sometimes. He'd be my #3 in this group with our current situation, but I think he's still a worthwhile pick around #10.

I personally am not a believer that a guy is going to come in and play under his weight at the combine, his most important testing/interview/body analysis and composition check in his entire career, but perhaps you are right.

Giants are talking about either going Wirfs or Edge right now, which would be nice for us.

That would be great for us. If that's the case, I'd be very tempted to stay put, albeit Arizona will likely steal Wills.

Browns have agreed to trade: Pick #10, Pick #115

To the AZ Cardinals for: Pick #8

Personally I'm okay with whichever of the top 4 OT's we walk out of the draft with. But I can tell that more and more guys on the forum are identifying Wills/Thomas as their clear top targets. So I wanted to honor that by making sure we got one of the two, even though it means I can't dream on Becton or Wirfs' crazy athletic upside.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Browns have agreed to trade: Pick #10, Pick #115

To the AZ Cardinals for: Pick #8

Phenomenal. 

Personally I'm okay with whichever of the top 4 OT's we walk out of the draft with. But I can tell that more and more guys on the forum are identifying Wills/Thomas as their clear top targets. So I wanted to honor that by making sure we got one of the two, even though it means I can't dream on Becton or Wirfs' crazy athletic upside.

I'm no expert, but Becton just doesn't look very good to me on tape. His top-10 talk reminds me of Clowney #1 buzz, when we just keep seeing that one play where he drove right through the line.

We keep seeing pass it Becton ragdolling linebacker-sized dudes. I'm just not impressed. I see a third round player with top-10 athleticism.

That's where my hate comes from.

Edited by NudeTayne

Can we get Malik Hooker for our first third and a third next year perhaps? He needs a contract soon and has had injuries.

Or straight-up for Njoku worth looking at? We'd save the two big TE contracts problem that way 🤔.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Can we get Malik Hooker for our first third and a third next year perhaps? He needs a contract soon and has had injuries.

Or straight-up for Njoku worth looking at? We'd save the two big TE contracts problem that way 🤔.

That's a good idea to look into the price tag on Hooker. I'll do that.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

That's a good idea to look into the price tag on Hooker. I'll do that.

Also, in general, the more picks the better. If someone wants to throw us a 4th rounder to move down six spots in the second round, I take that every time. Shoot, I think we could still be grabbing quality, especially WR/RB late.

Well, there's one GM/team in every mock that decides to eff over their own team's future so they can have more fun by trading away all their future picks.

This year's winner goes to the Panthers, who traded away their first and second round picks next year to draft..... Xavier McKinney.