FFMD 2020 - Cleveland Browns War Room

FGK

3 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

So we are on the clock tomorrow from 4-4:40. With such a small window for the pick, I'd like to get a big board rolling for us. To avoid outside participation, I'm not going to use a poll. If you want to have your voice heard, post your top 5-6 big board in here between now and tomorrow around noon. I'll use those combined with the general sense of the forum to make the pick.

My top 5 (and this is assuming our roster is exactly how it is right now):

1. Jedrick Wills
2. Mehki Becton
3. Andrew Thomas
4. Tristan Wirfs
5. Josh Jones
6. Everyone Else 

01. Jeff Okudah - elite CB1

02. Andrew Thomas (most likely pick--was top-rated LT most of year, high character/work ethic, good combine, familiarity with system)

03. Jedrick Wills (due to position move)

04. Isaiah Simmons - BPA

05. Derrick Brown - BPA and huge DL piece.

--preferably after a trade-down--:

06. Ceedee Lamb

07. Henry Ruggs

08. Jerry Jeudy

09. Tristan Wirfs (as guard)

10. Javon Kinlaw

We need a LT. I want to compete this year and we aren't doing it without a LT. Those top four all have their strengths and weaknesses, but at the same time all four would be in the conversation for the #1 tackle most years. Hell, Jones might be in the conversation for OT1 in weaker classes! He has fantastic tape it's just against much weaker competition than the big four.

If we were to acquire a LT some other way, and assuming Chase Young, Jeff Okudah, and Isaiah Simmons are gone, my preference list would be:

1. Jedrick Wills (I would still take him, any LT we get is gonna be a stop gap)
2. Trade down with someone looking for a QB, LT, etc.
3. Derrick Brown/Javon Kinlaw
4. Tristan Wirfs (with the plan to play him at RG for a couple years while he refines his technique and then kick him to tackle once our stop gap leaves.)

If we don't trade for Trent Williams etc., I want one of Andrew Thomas or Jedrick Wills. I don't want a guard at 10 and do not trust Becton at all for that level of risk that he'll get better. So that leaves us with two tackles worth the pick.

Then give me whichever blue chip defender fell before trying to swoop up Josh Jones or even Austin Jackson with a trade-up to around the end of the first.

And as much as we talk about moving guys, if we have Wirfs at guard for two years, I think he stays at guard. That's the only reason he's low on my board (and probably Berry's, since they allegedly value CB, OT, DT, DE most).

Edited by NudeTayne

16 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

You would be surprised although that would increase the value

Let's go ahead and negotiate that now. What will it take for pick 5 with Young available? We need a tackle and have four available so wouldn't trade up for anything but pass rusher (our LE is on a 1yr).

3 hours ago, braylon said:

So is this picking up after real life free agency? So we have Hooper, Joseph, Conklin, etc?

Yes.

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Let's go ahead and negotiate that now. What will it take for pick 5 with Young available? We need a tackle and have four available so wouldn't trade up for anything but pass rusher (our LE is on a 1yr).

If someone can shoot Miami's war room a message that would be awesome, I'm working tonight.

Washington wants to know what we would give up for Williams or Kerrigan. Thoughts? I said no more than a 5th for either considering their contract situations.

57 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

If someone can shoot Miami's war room a message that would be awesome, I'm working tonight.

Washington wants to know what we would give up for Williams or Kerrigan. Thoughts? I said no more than a 5th for either considering their contract situations.

I meant that to the Miami guy in here. But either way, I just reiterated it in their war room. It's probably a moot point, as Chase Young will probably not make it to 5, even if three QB go top-4.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I know Young won’t be on the board my comment was that if he was we would still consider trading. 

happy to still trade down from 5 if someone else drops.

10 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Yes.

No way

So far Burrow and Young went 1-2 as expected. San Diego moved up to #3 to grab Tua. Then less expected, Carolina moved up to #4 to take Isaiah Simmons. 

#5 - Miami - Wants to move down. If not they likely take Herbert. Their GM wants someone he thinks will be around in the 9-12 range.
#6 - Detroit - They were all in on Simmons. Now it looks like they take a DT or Okudah. Or move down again.
#7 - NYG - No discussion yet but I'd guess an OT.
#8 - AZ - Okudah or an OT with (I think) Wirfs being the most likely (they want a year one RG to become the RT year two)
#9 - JAX - No idea. They're arguing with Philly about the value of Dallas Goedert.
#10 - Browns

My only question is: do we throw a giant monkey wrench and go get Wills or Okudah (if we go for Okudah I'd want to get a trade in place for Williams)? The cost of moving up right now is pretty silly low (Carolina moved from 7 to 4 by swapping their 2nd for NYG's 3rd).

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

So far Burrow and Young went 1-2 as expected. San Diego moved up to #3 to grab Tua. Then less expected, Carolina moved up to #4 to take Isaiah Simmons. 

#5 - Miami - Wants to move down. If not they likely take Herbert. Their GM wants someone he thinks will be around in the 9-12 range.
#6 - Detroit - They were all in on Simmons. Now it looks like they take a DT or Okudah. Or move down again.
#7 - NYG - No discussion yet but I'd guess an OT.
#8 - AZ - Okudah or an OT with (I think) Wirfs being the most likely (they want a year one RG to become the RT year two)
#9 - JAX - No idea. They're arguing with Philly about the value of Dallas Goedert.
#10 - Browns

My only question is: do we throw a giant monkey wrench and go get Wills or Okudah (if we go for Okudah I'd want to get a trade in place for Williams)? The cost of moving up right now is pretty silly low (Carolina moved from 7 to 4 by swapping their 2nd for NYG's 3rd).

If you move up for anyone other than Wills at this point, I'm letting @NateDawg be the de facto moderator for a week. I love Okudah, but CB is about 5th on the pecking order for need right now, and we are looking at a win/win with BPA OT (Wills/Thomas) falling into our laps, or move up and swap something reasonable to ensure our #1 OT. 

Detroit is making noise that they're going OT now, but I'm not sure that's real, could easily be a smokescreen to try and get one of us who's looking at OT to move up.

If Miami doesn't take Wills, what would we give up to go get him? Are we sure Wills transitioning RT to LT is guaranteed when he has been at RT since high school? Would we rather wait and look to move up when the first of Wills/Thomas goes off the board to get the other? What would we be willing to give up to move into that 6-8 range?

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Detroit is making noise that they're going OT now, but I'm not sure that's real, could easily be a smokescreen to try and get one of us who's looking at OT to move up.

If Miami doesn't take Wills, what would we give up to go get him? Are we sure Wills transitioning RT to LT is guaranteed when he has been at RT since high school? Would we rather wait and look to move up when the first of Wills/Thomas goes off the board to get the other? What would we be willing to give up to move into that 6-8 range?

Heh, knew it.

Miami got themselves skipped and Detroit took Okudah. Don't know why they were trying to get someone to move up when he would be gone by the time #8 or #10 rolled around but, whatever.

I think Miami is going to take a WR? Shocker, but that sounds like where they are leaning. That gets us to NYG at #7 who are definitely gonna take an OT. What would we give up to get to #7?

3 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I wouldn't trade with Detroit. No way that they go OT when they have Taylor Decker already and are in "win now" mode with Patricia and company. They have to take BPA position player or go for a haul.

As for Wills, I'd like either him or Thomas, but I'd settle for Wirfs. It may be better to make a preemptive deal with #7/#8 to ensure we get our #1 OT. Detroit HAS to go BPA position player, then San Diego likely gets Herbert. We are looking at #7-#9 being critical picks for us, so moving into the #8 spot makes the most sense to me if we are going to move up, thus securing one of Wills and Thomas.