Sean Taylor’s 37th Birthday

turtle28

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Definitely Redskin at least. 

Since I started watching football there is no Defensive Player I'd take over Taylor. Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Peyton Manning, Randy Moss, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, and Terrel Owens are the only guys I'd think about possibly taking before Taylor if starting any team. 

Edited by Skins212689

11 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Since I started watching football there is no Defensive Player I'd take over Taylor. Brady, Brees, Peyton Manning, Randy Moss, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, and Terrel Owens are the only guys I'd think about possibly taking before Taylor if starting any team. 

That's a pretty fair list. Defensively I am pretty limited to like Ed Reed (man he was exciting too), and Aaron Donald blows my mind what he can do on the line.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That's a pretty fair list. Defensively I am pretty limited to like Ed Reed (man he was exciting too), and Aaron Donald blows my mind what he can do on the line.

Ed Reed is that guy but I Think Sean could've surpassed him. Pass Rushers get sacks but don't cause Turnovers that much. Sean could do it all. 

Edited by Skins212689

Man just watched his throwback story on NFL before I saw this and I was looking at the names he just made look silly and it wasn’t even fair!!! That guy was insane!!! It’s truely sad but I’m thankful we still keep these story’s about him going!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

You don’t just get awestruck when you’re watching defensive players. Not that often.

You did for him.

Potentially the greatest draft pick in franchise history.

Nah, Desmond Howard and Heath Shuler! Haha 🤣  jk 

23 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah, those two and as much as I hate to admit it, watching Lawrence Taylor and Ray Lewis dominate was something else too. Sean was dominant in the secondary and coming up against the run but Lawrence Taylor and Ray Lewis literally dominated every play even more bc of their LB positions. It was nearly impossible to block Lawrence Taylor, so every play he was either getting a sack, a tackle for loss, a stop in the run game or a pressure, same with Ray Lewis. 

Sean being a DB had to usually wait until a QB decided to throw the ball and then he’d only be effective depending on where the QB threw it and if the receiver caught it where Sean could make a hit, tackle or force a fumble but that would generally be 10 plus yards downfield, not around or behind the line of scrimmage like Lawrence Taylor and Ray Lewis.