Justwinning's Mock Draft V1.0

Justwinning

Hey what's up everyone. This is my first attempt at a mock so I'm curious as to what you all think. I'll make some tweaks depending on how some other moves shape up from now until draft day. I'm posting just the full 1st round and then just the Raiders picks from Day 2. Feedback is definitely welcome. I tried to include trades because mocks without multiple 1st round trades are unrealistic imo. With that said, they're extremely difficult to predict. Many fans oppose trading up because they value picks so highly, but front offices have shown they will go after certain players who feel they will put them over the top or will become stars when people are overlooking them. If interested, I can share rounds 2-3 with you.

I hope my formatting is clear enough to follow. Go ahead and rip it up!

GO RAIDERS!

April FA SIGNINGS

Jason Peters - WAS

Jameis Winston - JAX

Jadaveon Clowney - Remains unsigned as his demands are too high and teams want to have their own medical staff clear him. He signs after the draft and closer to to training camp.

Cam Newton - Similar to Clowney

TRADES

WAS RECEIVES: #5, #26, & #70

MIA RECEIVES: #2

JAX RECEIVES: #15 & #77

DEN RECEIVES: #9

DAL RECEIVES: #34 & 2021 1st ROUND PICK (IND)

IND RECEIVES: #17

LVR RECEIVES: #29, #61, & #237

TEN RECEIVES: #19 & #121

SEA RECEIVES: Yannick Ngakoue EDGE

JAX RECEIVES: #27

SF RECEIVES: #35, #149, & #182

DET RECEIVES: #31

WAS RECEIVES: #71 and 2021 3rd Rounder

LAC RECEIVES: Trent Williams OT

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow QB LSU: I think this is a no-brainer here for CIN. They get their franchise guy who will be surrounded by a nice collection of weapons (Green, Boyd, Mkixon). Although I'd listen if MIA is willing to give multiple 1sts for this spot. Now it's time to continue to build the O-line. Getting Jonah Williams back healthy will help too.

2. Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama: I debated this one for a bit. Initially my thinking was that teams may be reluctant to give up assets for a prospect with serious injury concern. In the end, I think teams like Miami realize that Tua is a phenomenal talent that will electrify their franchise. Miami is the one team that can risk giving up assets since they’re loaded with valuable draft capital. In the absolute worst case scenario, another significant injury to Tua, they can always draft another top QB prospect next year considering they have two 1st’s next year.

3. Lions - Chase Young DE Ohio State: This pick is a no-brainer here. He gives DET a perennial all-pro edge rusher for the next decade or so. Matt Patricia is ecstatic here as he needs all the help he can get to save his job. 

4. Giants - Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson: I really wanted him to slip so the Raiders could reasonably move up for him, but the talent is too much for him to fall, despite off-ball LB being less valued in recent years. We've seen Gettleman use unconventional thinking in the 1st round before like taking a RB at 2. Here they feel Simmons is too good to pass on and want to improve their atrocious defense. Furthermore, Simmons has a higher ceiling than any of the tackle prospects IMO. They can focus on RT in round 2 where there should be a few prospects they like.

5. Redskins - Jeff Okuda CB Ohio State: Not necessarily a big need in WAS, but I’m very high on Okuda and feel that Rivera would not pass up a lockdown #1 CB here. I know they lost Trent Williams in my hypothetical trade, but I have them adding Jason Peters for a year and then draft an OT later.

6. Chargers -  Justin Herbert QB Oregon: The Chargers have a great roster, especially on defense. I'm perplexed on how committed they seem to want Tyrod Taylor as their bridge QB. Rolling with Taylor and most likely a rookie QB is potentially risking a year of having such a talented team. A vet QB would have been the ideal route for them. Nevertheless, I see them targeting a QB with this pick and address OT with their day 2 picks or trading with WAS for Trent Williams. If I'm not mistaken, the Chargers seem to be high on Herbert and I can see him as the flashy new QB as they roll into their new stadium, I mean the Rams stadium (oof) to excite their fanbase (lol). I think by week 5 Herbert will be starting as the bridge-QB plan collapses.

7. Panthers - Derrick Brown DT Auburn: A tremendous talent who slides a bit due to the run on QBs. CAR was pathetic against the run last year and they need to address it if they want to become more competitive. Adding a big body like Brown who can wreck opposing offenses with his pressure is an ideal start for the Rhule regime. It starts in the trenches.

8. Cardinals - Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa: He’s my top rated guy at OT. He showed off some serious athleticism at the combine, plus I liked what I’ve seen on gameday. AZ recently re-signed RT Marcus Gilbert and they have Justin Murray as depth, but I think they’re thinking long-term here. They need to give everything Kyler Murray needs to get the most out of him. Plus, I think they can move Wirfs inside this year to help out there if needed while Gilbert holds it down at RT for a year.

9. Broncos - Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama: Here I have the Broncos moving up and getting a premier playmaker to pair with Cortland Sutton. I hate to see this as a Raider fan, but I think it makes too much sense. We will have the pleasure of trying to defend Sutton and Jeudy long-term. Mullen and co. need to be up to the challenge.

10. Browns - Jedrick Wills OT Alabama: This position is easy to mock for CLE, unless they end up emerging as the winner of the Trent Williams sweepstakes. They need to go OT to give Baker Mayfield a chance to bounce back. The pass protection was horrid last season. I think they like Wills an awful lot so they add him to the OL mix to bookend with their prized free agent addition, Jack Conklin.

11. Jets - CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma: The Jets spent money on the OL, albeit on non-premier guys, but they have multiple picks on day 2 to address it even further. They don’t pass on the chance for a #1 wideout in Lamb. They give Darnold a legitimate weapon on the outside.

12. Raiders - Henry Ruggs III WR Alabama: Another perfect fit here. The Raiders lack speed at WR and Ruggs has no shortage of that. As many in the media say Gruden is looking for his “Tyreke Hill”, but Ruggs is his own player. Underrated as a route runner, I see big things in store for Ruggs in Gruden’s offense. I see him as a fixture of this offense for a long time in Vegas.

13. 49ers - Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina: Although I think SF really wanted a top WR to take this offense to the next level, they miss out here. They just don't have enough draft capital to make a modest move here. They do, however, get a nice consolation prize here and take Kinlaw. He’s raw, but SF doesn’t need him right away to be an impact. That should come by years 2 or 3, but man he’s going to make this defense even scarier if he gets there.

14. Buccaneers - Mekhi Becton OT Louisville: This dude is an absolute freak of nature athletically. He has a high ceiling, but is very raw. I think he could easily be a bust as well. The Bucs need to keep Brady upright so they do the right thing and take a RT to help him. RB is next on the list for Tampa.

15. Jaguars - CJ Henderson CB Florida: Henderson has received some recent top-10 buzz with Jacksonville being a team that’s heavily interested. They seem to be in a rebuild despite keeping their head coach and GM, so they move down and acquire a day 2 pick and still get their guy in Henderson. They have a long ways to go to try to resurrect that once dominant defense, but getting a great cover guy like Henderson is a great start.

16. Falcons - K’Lavon Chaisson EDGE LSU: Yes I’m aware they signed Fowler to a deal, but they’re thinking long term here and you can never have enough pass rushers.Chaisson is a guy that’s getting a lot of buzz to go earlier, but he slips here and gives ATL an athletic edge rusher with a high ceiling.

17. Colts - Jordan Love QB Utah State: Here’s the big shocker here. Indy moves up from #34 to get their QB of the future. Right before the Raiders, Jaguars, and possibly the Patriots. The Colts have a roster that’s ready to contend, but Rivers is old and declining fast. Here they get Love who will be coached up well and learn from Rivers and then take over in 2021 and potentially make the Colts serious contenders in the AFC.

18. Dolphins - Andrew Thomas OT Georgia: The Phins are ecstatic that Thomas falls here. He’s a quality OT prospect and would probably go higher in other drafts. I like the fit here since MIA needs an OT to grow in this offense. Protecting Tua should be priority #1 for the Dolphins.

19. Titans - Yetur Gross-Matos EDGE Penn State: Here’s where some may think I’m crazy. I think Gross-Matos is being slept on and feel that EDGE rushers usually get pushed up draft boards. I think the Titans want to be aggressive help with their pass rush as they think they’re SB contenders this upcoming season.

20. Jaguars - Grant Delpit S LSU: JAX has Ronnie Harrison who is solid, not spectacular, and nothing much next to him or behind him on the depth chart. Delpit is a polarizing prospect, but I think he has the potential to be a quality starting S. JAX continues to rebuild their defense here.

21. Eagles - Brandon Aiyuk WR ASU: The debate on who will be the 4th WR taken rages on. I think Aiyuk fits in well with PHI. They have bigger wideouts in Alshon and Arcega-Whiteside, so they take Aiyuk who’s shiftier, explosive and is a YAC monster.

22. Vikings - Justin Jefferson WR LSU: Another LSU Tiger comes off the board here. MIN has a big need at several positions, but they really feel it at WR after trading Diggs. Although they’re happy to part ways with the disgruntled Diggs, they still need help at the position as Kirk Cousins lacks some weapons.

23. Patriots - Zach Baun OLB Wisconsin: I have the Pats staying put in this spot. They don’t have a pick until the late 3rd, and they’d like to move back to secure another Day 2 pick, but they are thrilled to take Baun. He essentially replaces Kyle Van Noy and I expect an immediate impact starting the moment he shows up to Foxborough. 

24. Saints - Trevon Diggs CB Alabama: Many have the Saints take a WR here, but since it’s a deep draft at that position, and they signed Emmanuel Sanders, I have them taking Diggs here in this spot. I think he’ll take some time to get up to speed, but by midseason he should be on the field and helping out the Saints defense.

25. Vikings - AJ Terrell CB Clemson: MIN has a huge need for a CB since there was an exodus in March. I think Terrell is a great fit in Mike Zimmer’s scheme.

26. Redskins - Josh Jones OT Houston: Although I have them signing Jason Peters, they still need an OT going forward. They can address WR on Day 2 and 3 if needed. They have to protect Haskins if they want to get the best out of him.

27. Jaguars - Patrick Queen OLB LSU: Talk about investing on defense. I think they wait on QB since they like Minshew and I have them signing Jameis Winston. They never really replaced Telvin Smith, and I’m not sure he ever comes back, but here they add a rangey LB to help fortify this defense.

28. Ravens - Kenneth Murray LB Oklahoma: I think Murray is a perfect fit in BAL. He can become a leader on this defense and be a 3-down ILB. They address WR on Day 2.

29. Raiders - Jaylon Johnson CB Utah: Ok guys, you’ve convinced me. After reading some of your assessments and then taking the time to find and watch Utah games, I actually liked what I saw. As others have mentioned, he’s a physical and big CB which I know Grudock must love. After trading down, I feel more comfortable taking Johnson here.

30. Packers - Austin Jackson OT USC: GB lost Bulaga in free agency and they absolutely need to better protect Rodgers. I went best available OT here and that’s Jackson. I think he ends up being a quality RT when it’s all said and done.

31. Lions - Kristian Fulton CB LSU: Another Tiger sneaks into the 1st round as DET jumps ahead of KC who needs a CB too. I think SF is looking to move down from 31 as they need more picks. Here they move down to #35 in a small trade down. They still get a quality WR (I gave them Jalen Reagor at 35). Back to DET, they make the move here to select a CB with some good coverage ability. He may take awhile to develop, but it’s worth the gamble here.

32. Chiefs - Deandre Swift RB Georgia: The first RB off the board and he adds to an already potent KC attack. They won a SB with a bunch of randos at tailback, but here they have a chance to add a dynamic playmaker on an affordable contract for the next 5 seasons.

Raiders Draft Recap Through Day 2

#12 Henry Ruggs III WR

#29 Jaylon Johnson CB

#61 Bryan Edwards WR

#80 Cam Akers RB

#81 Terrell Burgess S

#91 Matt Peart OT

Day 2 Summary

At #61, I felt that Edwards presented good value here. He starts off as our #4 WR, but if he impresses, he can make Tyrell expendable next offseason and we save some serious cap space. Plus Derek Carr loves bigger WRs. 

In Round 3, we pick up some nice depth. Akers should be a solid #2 back behind Jacobs. Burgess is a sleeper in this class and could become a starter by year 2. This will come in handy since Harris is a FA after this season and Heath would only have 1 year left. Matt Peart is a big athletic OT who can be a quality swing tackle for us. Sharpe is a FA next year and Brandon Parker just hasn’t shown anything worthwhile in his two years in the league.

Day 3 Focus

In this scenario, we have two day 3 picks. I think we've addressed all of our needs in FA and the draft so far, so we can go BPA the rest of the way and try to add depth with shrewd UDFA signings.

• Like 2

Ruggs and a trade back while picking up an extra two is my dream scenario.

Like the Jaylon Johnson pick, not completely sold, but I do see what guys like about him. I would prefer Terrell here but he was gone at 25. 

Dont know enough about Edwards and Burgess yet, but I’ve seen they’ve been getting some hype lately. Like the idea of double dipping at WR and grabbing a S here. 

Love the Akers pick, and a swing OT in the 3rd with the positions addressed is a W. 

nice work! 

• Like 2

Love the 1st round, cannot complain at all about moving into the late first and picking up a 2nd. 

Only major gripe is I’m not a huge fan of Edwards at 61. If we move back and pick up that 2nd rounder after going WR at 12 I’d love to add more talent at S, Edge or any defensive spot honestly. 

IMO using 3/4 of our first picks on offense is too much. It needs to be split. So I’d rather have Ruggs + Akers and turn that Edwards pick into someone like Ashtyn Davis, Antoine Winfield Jr, Josh Uche, etc. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Love the 1st round, cannot complain at all about moving into the late first and picking up a 2nd. 

Only major gripe is I’m not a huge fan of Edwards at 61. If we move back and pick up that 2nd rounder after going WR at 12 I’d love to add more talent at S, Edge or any defensive spot honestly. 

IMO using 3/4 of our first picks on offense is too much. It needs to be split. So I’d rather have Ruggs + Akers and turn that Edwards pick into someone like Ashtyn Davis, Antoine Winfield Jr, Josh Uche, etc. 

Davis and Winfield went a little earlier in the 2nd for me. I suppose I could have gone Uche.

I was okay with going a little offense heavy since our FA was defensive-focused.

I appreciate the input!

I’d love if we traded 19 for 34 and ‘21 1st with Indy.

im in the lamb and if he’s gone I’ll settle for Jeudy at 12 boat.... but if both gone I’d trade back or draft someone else before i take Ruggs. I don’t think he’s a perfect fit.  We’re a WCO that’s about short to mid passes with YAC.  Carr and Gruden ain’t trying to go deep that often that Ruggs is worth 12, imo.  But I know others like him at 12.  Just you opinion.  It’s realistic we make that pick though.

i love Akers pick at 80. He’d the ideal RB2 for Jacobs.  Peart is a nice swing tackle, I don’t see starter in future in him though.  He could save the season if Miller goes down though cuz Parker is garbage. But most likely he hardly sees the field.  Realistic pick, im just so-so on it. 

I like Edwards but not as a 2nd.  

its a very realistic mock.  I just think it’s a C grade for us.  A WR, CB and depth.

its a very good mock, just not the players or strategy I prefer.  Then again it’s your mock, not mine lol.  

Good job and thanks!

• Like 1

Like Ruggs and Johnson in round 1 and the trade down but I feel that Edwards can be had quite a bit later due to his injury. I do like him as a player though and would love to pick him if he's there in the end of the 3rd or the 4th. 

TBH we really ought to come away with more than 2 defensive picks in the first 3 rounds.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys. Tbh I felt a little iffy on the Edwards selection. As for the concerns about this draft being more offensive centric, I just felt we took care of defense in FA. Here we added a potential starter at CB and a good depth piece at S. I just didn’t want to use one of these picks on a SLB who will only play 2 downs for us. Marquel Lee can do that. I considered Jonathan Garvin EDGE with one of the 3rds but we have so much tied up at EDGE already with Crosby, Ferrell, Nassib, and Key. Key was coming on strong until he broke his foot. 

• Like 1