FFMD II Miami Dolphins War Room

Rgossett07

Welcome to April!  I'm sure you are all looking forward to April 23-25 as much as I am.  After Free Agency, it looks like Greir and Flores have a plan and the league is noticing.  12 months ago, free agents wouldn't even pick up the phone, but I think the league noticed the strong finish from 2019 and see a bright future.

Mountainpd and I will be the Co-GM's for the upcoming draft.  Use this as a forum to voice your opinion/suggestions on what we should do.

Here are the picks we have to work with...

1st Round – 

5th overall – Juston Herbert QB Oregon

18th overall – Josh Jones T Houston

26th overall – Antoine Winfield Jr. S Minnesota

29th overall - DeAndre Swift RB Georgia

2nd Round – 2 picks

61st overall - Marlon Davidson DT Auburn

3rd Round – 1 pick

70th overalll - Traded for Trent Williams LT

4th Round – 1 pick

141st overall – compensatory 

5th Round – 3 picks

153rd overall – Kenyan Drake trade

154th overall – Minkah Fitzpatrick trade

173rd overall – Aqib Talib trade

6th Round – 1 pick

185th overall – own

7th Round – 3 picks

227th overall – Evan Boehm trade

246th overall – Jordan Lucas trade

251st overall – compensatory 

Current Depth Chart - as listed on ESPN

QB - R Fitzpatrick, J Rosen, J Herbert

RB - J Howard, D. Swift, P Laird, K Ballage, M Gaskin, D Turner, S Perine

FB - C Cox

WR - P Williams, J Grant, G Jennings

WR - D Parker, A Wilson, M Hollins, A Jones

WR - Isaiah Ford, A Hurns, T Wright

TE - M Gesicki, M Roberts, D Smythe, C Myarick

LT -  T. Williams, J Davenport, 

LG - E Flowers, M Dieter, A Pankey

C - T Karras, K Sutherland 

RG - S Calhoun, D Isidora, D Neto

RT - J. Jones, J Davis

DE - C Wilkins, T Charlton, C Harris, A Moss

DT - D Godchaux, G Willis, M. Davidson, Z Seiler

DE - S Lawson, E Ogbah, J Ledbetter 

OLB - K Van Noy, V Biegel, J Carlock

ILB - J Baker, K Grugier-Hill, T Hanks, C Munson

ILB - R McMillan, E Roberts, J Davis, J Crawford,

OLB - S Eguavoen, C Harris, T Charlton,  T Harris, A Van Ginkel

CB - B Jones, N Brooks, C Tankersley

CB - X Howard, T Hayes, R Lewis, L Stevens

CB - N Needham, K Webster, J Wiltz

S - B McCain, M Hartage, C Fejedelem, 

S - E Rowe, A. WInfield, A Colbert, S Parker

LS - T Pepper 

K - J Sanders

P - M Haack

Trade Block

Charles Harris

Taco Charlton

Josh Rosen

Allen Hurns

Albert Wilson

Ken Webster

After Free Agency, I see the following as the biggest needs.. (My opinion)

1. QB - I believe Miami will stay put and be happy with Tua or Herbert.  Tua's injury history does scare me a bit.  If two teams jump in front of Miami and grab all 3 QB's in the first 4 picks, they cannot panic.  Trevor Lawrence looms in 2021.  They need young talent and they have 14 picks to find that.  They could draft a project like Hurts or Eason later.

2. T - Miami needs to come out of the first 2 rounds with 2 OT at a minimum.  

3. IOL - Miami should be able to grab a Guard/C in 2nd-4th rounds.  With 14 picks, I could see them coming away with as many as 6-7 OLineman.  They need bodies.

4. FS/SS - I believe this draft has some really quality talent in the first 3 rounds.  Several guys that could play both safety spots and possibly slide into the slot to cover.  

5. RB - The signing of Jordan Howard took this need lower for me.  I wouldn't reach for a RB in the draft.  See if one falls into your lap.  But they will need to come out of the draft with something to work with and challenge the incumbents for RB2.

Although this class is loaded with WR talent, I hope Miami doesn't get tempted to draft one.  There are just too many other needs.  I could see a fast, possession WR in Rd 5 or later, but Parker and Williams are young and should hold down WR1 and WR2 to start the season.  

Let's Go!!!!

Edited by Rgossett07

Hey everyone.

The Lions are trying to collect offers for the #3 overall pick, and have some offers. A lot of the speculation (in real life) is that the Dolphins may be a viable trade partner. Let us know if you're interested.

Thanks!

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Hey everyone.

The Lions are trying to collect offers for the #3 overall pick, and have some interest. A lot of the speculation (in real life) is that the Dolphins may be a viable trade partner. Let us know if you're interested.

Thanks!

We are listening but not actively looking to trade up unless a good deal presents itself.

19 hours ago, mountainpd said:

Hoping some of you other guys join us please.

Will not list value on here but will discuss trade offers and try and get a consensus for trades and draft picks if we can.

Would be interested if the value was there. Would not look to trade the farm though

So Gents.

Viking are listening to offers on Harris. We would be looking to draft at least one safety and they are looking for about 70 value. Would probably have to sweeten the deal hopefully with a player or lower round pick we have plenty of 7th rounders.

thoughts?

17 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

So Gents.

Viking are listening to offers on Harris. We would be looking to draft at least one safety and they are looking for about 70 value. Would probably have to sweeten the deal hopefully with a player or lower round pick we have plenty of 7th rounders.

thoughts?

I would look to the draft for a Safety. Rowe and McCain are good in the position and would allow for the rookie to come in. I think Harris would be the same level as Rowe/McCain

4 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

But what's the scoop on them from the team/fanbase? Has Harris quietly been the biggest bust from that 2017 draft class?

Harris has been a bust.

Taco was better when he came across but neither of them fit the system now.

I come bearing the banner of freakygeniuskid from the great (AFC) North. Word is the #5 pick may be available for trade down to Cleveland's pick at 10. We are interested in terms should Chase Young be available at 5, a very unlikely probability. Future picks are acceptable on either side, probably ours as we will be needing to add up to #5 in value.