Vikings FFMD20 War Room

RpMc

Thanks for all the work and opinions on this everyone - to get 40 pages of discussion on the "rebirth" of FFMD is pretty darn good.

Went with Batchie to round out the draft and get an athletic linebacker to help on special teams and develop.

6 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Great job RPMC. I pretty much am a fan of all these picks. Really the only one I would change is Gabriel Davis; as him and Bryan Edwards are similar bigger receivers and I would probably have taken a different type of receiver. But honestly, this is a great job of working the board and obtaining some tremendous value.

Davis is far more explosive and fast than Edwards I feel, but since when does having bigger athletic receivers a bad thing?  Edwards is a big physical receiver who is strong, Davis would provide much needed deep threat ability and was the best there at that point in the draft I feel in terms of deep threat down the field pass catching.  Both are solid receivers and I would be happy with having them together.

1 hour ago, RpMc said:

Thanks for all the work and opinions on this everyone - to get 40 pages of discussion on the "rebirth" of FFMD is pretty darn good.

Went with Batchie to round out the draft and get an athletic linebacker to help on special teams and develop.

tenor.gif?itemid=4198159

Thank goodness!  Bachie is a very talented player and this late in the draft I would love to have him!  Not a huge need but best player on the board, curious why he dropped, maybe the PED stuff but did miss the end of this season so out of sight out of mind.  

Overall I would be pleased with this roster honestly.  A little more depth at the OG spot would be nice but overall all the needs were filled generally speaking.  Questionable safety play potentially with the new guys brought in but having Chris Jones is huge.  

LWR - Adam Thielen | Tajae Sharpe | Gabriel Davis | Mack Hollins | Davion Davis
RWR - Bisi Johnson | Bryan Edwards | Chad Beebe | Dillon Mitchell
LT - Riley Reiff | Prince Tega Wanogho | Aviante Collins
LG - John Simpson | Dakota Dozier
C - Garrett Bradbury | Brett Jones
RG - Dru Samia | Pat Elflein
RT - Brian O'Neill | Rashod Hill | Oli Udoh
TE - Kyle Rudolph | Irv Smith Jr | Tyler Conklin | Brandon Dillon
QB - Kurt Cousins | Sean Mannion | Jake Browning
RB - Alexander Mattison | Tevin Coleman | Mike Boone | Ameer Abdullah | Tony Brooks-James
FB - CJ Ham

LDE - Danielle Hunter | Anthony Zettel | Trevis Gipson | Eddie Yarbrough
NT - Michael Pierce | Armon Watts
UT - Chris Jones | Jaleel Johnson | Jalyn Holmes | Hercules Mata'afa
RDE - Ifeadi Odenigbo | Darrell Taylor
SLB - Anthony Barr |Ben Gedeon  
MLB - Eric Kendricks | Cameron Smith
WLB - Eric Wilson |Joe Bachie  
LCB - Mike Hughes | AJ Terrell | Kris Boyd | Mark Fields
SS - Harrison Smith
FS - Terrell Burgess | Geno Stone
RCB - Jeff Gladney | Holton Hill | Nate Meadors | Kemon Hall | Marcus Sayles

PT - Britton Colquitt
PK - Dan Bailey
LS - Austin Cutting

@RpMc Overall did a good job with it, made some aggressive moves but overall the roster is solid.  That RB core is so so but depends, really lacks that big play threat but all are solid runners.  Still would like a developmental QB but apparently the Vikings like Browning.  Agreed completely with Cook being traded because doubt they sign him next year but looking at it now since we missed out on a big time back like Taylor, Dobbins, Swift or Edwards-Helaire that was not as successful I would say.  And take Cook out of this offense it changes a ton without a big time explosive back to take his place. 

Was fun to do and nice to throw my two cents around but you did most of the work with all the trades.  Still say the War Room was hacked and spied on ;o)  That DL would be a joy to watch though, wish the Vikings in real life were this aggressive at times.  Jordan Love dropping to the 55th pick is odd, and would be hard for the Vikings to pass on him honestly, 1-2 years sitting and learning he could become a great pro.  PS keeping Anthony Harris is nice if they can do it because yeah it could be a crap show at safety with only Harrison left back there with experience.  

Will see how it all goes down for real.  

4 hours ago, RpMc said:

Agreed- thanks for the entertainment. Know that many of us just checked in periodically as watchers many times and only posted a few so the overall activity was even higher than the post count. Was a nice break from reality. Appreciate the amount of work you put in!

• Like 3

For me both the Cook and Harris trade were about long-term value. I don't think that the Vikings are going to come to an agreement with Harris on a long-term contract so getting value out out of him this year as well as easing cap pressure was very nice. For Cook, I don't want the Vikings to meet his contract demands so shuttling him off for draft value made a lot of sense.

There are still some decent veteran safeties available in the free agent market. This hypothetical team should sign one of them. They also should look to bring in a couple of the veteran CBs on the market.

The offensive line still looks very concerning and there is little the Vikings can do in free agency to solve that. The team would need to look to draft future draft picks to teams that drafted offensive line early and will as a result have an outgoing veteran.  Samia, Bradbury, and a rookie third round pick as the projected starters is scary bad and would likely obliterate hope for the season.

I wouldn't worry about the RB position much if the team didn't have an offensive line that was so concerning. I think the RB situation would be fine if the offensive line miraculously worked out.

The Chris Jones acquisition was tremendous. I am assuming that this hypothetical Vikings didn't make that deal without discussions with Jones' agent to know that Jones would sign a deal with the Vikings. I would be curious what the parameters of that deal would have been. Having Jones will make the defense a lot of fun to watch. Jones along with Hunter will make the job of the secondary a lot easier.

• 2 weeks later...