Vikings FFMD20 War Room

RpMc

Is there a player remaining, assuming the Eagles do in fact take Fulton, that anyone here puts in a tier above the other prospects being talked about?

Or are we talking about players in roughly the same tier and can then focus on a need.

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Um no, I don't care about the combine and how he runs.  He is 6-6 280 and did not run well, so what.  He uses his hands very well, is quick off the ball and in terms of value is well worth the selection.  So to me it is between him an Austin Jackson who more than fits the athletic profile for a OT in a zone blocking scheme.

Epenesa
Chris Jones
Pierce
Hunter

That is a hell of a DL.  

I would not be against that but it is a reach to get him 22nd overall.  Epenesa deserves to be picked that high, not sure Ruiz does.  Would be hard passing on AJ Terrell or Gladney as well.

I would would be down with DE, if we didn't already use #25 on Chris Jones DT. Definite no to the WRs available.

3 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Here is epenesa’s ras card

https://relativeathleticscores.com/2020/02/03/a-j-epenesa-ras/

it’s not just the slow 40. 

He's got to have the right defensive scheme. He gets comped to arik armstead a lot, and AA also had a bad RAS (about a 5). Yet he had always been solid and last year blew up on the pass rushing

1 minute ago, battle2heaven said:

Here is epenesa’s ras card

https://relativeathleticscores.com/2020/02/03/a-j-epenesa-ras/

it’s not just the slow 40. 

26.5 sacks, 36 TFL, 9 forced fumbles, 7 passes deflected in three years on a Iowa team without a ton of DL talent around him to keep him clean.  Played as a FR, SOPH and JR.  He is not a 3/4 OLB even though on the field I thought he could maybe become that guy, but in a 4/3 it should not matter, especially with Hunter on the other side and Epenesa would provide better run defense and a good opposite rush end to Hunter.  But yeah with Chris Jones maybe it is not as important as CB, OL or S.

So maybe they should just go AJ Terrell or Gladney and move on.  Still value wise he is arguably the best guy on the board.

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

Is there a player remaining, assuming the Eagles do in fact take Fulton, that anyone here puts in a tier above the other prospects being talked about?

Or are we talking about players in roughly the same tier and can then focus on a need.

I think Austin Jackson is head and shoulders above all other OTs available. Helps both Cousins + Mattison.

I think AJ Terrel is top of CB, but it's not a sizable gap (to the next 7 or so).

I haven't evaluated the S prospects, so can't comment on them.

I don't think WR would be wise given the offense we do.

If we do like corner, I'm much more of a fan of Gladney than Terrell for our scheme, his ability to pattern match coming from the match quarters scheme at TCU would put him ahead of the curve in terms of what we ask our corners to do.

Just now, RpMc said:

If we do like corner, I'm much more of a fan of Gladney than Terrell for our scheme, his ability to pattern match coming from the match quarters scheme at TCU would put him ahead of the curve in terms of what we ask our corners to do.

I would not mind Gladney, he is good and a fighter.  AJ Terrell is a better striker though and hitter overall and has played against more elite competition and has been on the national stage way more than Gladney and has played in bigger games than Gladney ever has.

8 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

What about Netane Muti (G)? He is near the top of the FFMD board and is a huge need.

Same for Tee Higgins (WR).

Winfield would still be my pick though

I love Muti but injury issues, would be a great pickup and more of a need as a OG

I need to do some work outside, but as long as the pick is either Gladney, Terrell, Epenesa or Austin Jackson I would be fine with it.  

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I love Muti but injury issues, would be a great pickup and more of a need as a OG

I need to do some work outside, but as long as the pick is either Gladney, Terrell, Epenesa or Austin Jackson I would be fine with it.  

No Winfield? I generally see Winfield rated higher than Gladney and Terrell...

Just now, Heimdallr said:

No Winfield? I generally see Winfield rated higher than Gladney and Terrell...

I would not hate that either, but he could be there with that 45th pick potentially as well.

Where are you seeing that?  Winfield is generally rated in the mid to late 30's and 40's based on putting together the aggregate board.

My vote would be for Gladney at this point - we are going to have a run on cornerbacks, the position has high position value and need for us, I feel Gladney is the best fit for our scheme (and personnel in deciding who is going to play outside or in the nickel).

I feel it's early for Austin Jackson, and we have a semi-viable player at LT for next year already, he'd be someone I would target at 45 or via a small trade up.