Vikings FFMD20 War Room

RpMc

Just now, RpMc said:

I like your list, but I’d like remove Blackrock simply due to what we already have. Great player though  

@Ozzy - Moseley ended up getting traded for a third round pick. 

To who?  Us or someone else?  What about Witherspoon I thought they wanted to move him?  I will have to update that list, Diggs is gone to KC as well which is a decent choice.  

So they just asked and got him?  After declining ours, what was our offer 5th or a 6th or a 7th?  Not sure I would offer a 3rd for him but maybe.  Was that open to everyone, I doubt it.

Edited by Ozzy

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

To who?  Us or someone else?  What about Witherspoon I thought they wanted to move him?  I will have to update that list, Diggs is gone to KC as well which is a decent choice.  

So they just asked and got him?  After declining ours, what was our offer 5th or a 6th or a 7th?  Not sure I would offer a 3rd for him but maybe.  Was that open to everyone, I doubt it.

To Carolina, their GM is throwing every pick out the window.

Just now, RpMc said:

To Carolina, their GM is throwing every pick out the window.

That would have been a good player to get, Moseley could be a star in this league and had a great season last year.

Anyway to ask about Cameron Sutton on the Steelers or on the Patriots JC Jackson, Jonathan Jones and to a lesser extent Justin Bethel?  I would be interested in them, especially the first three guys.  

Just now, Eric dunn said:

I wouldnt touch Tee Higgins till the end of the 3rd. Im concerned about his athleticism. 

I agree Higgins is not great, but S and RB should be priority in this round unless a OL falls right to them.  If one could get Dobbins, Edwards-Helaire or Taylor that would be great and safety Delpit would be ideal but Dugger would be ok and is arguably better range, maybe Chinn or Chris Miller but they would be more 3rd round potentially.

1 minute ago, Eric dunn said:

Ashtyn Davis is a guy id like in the 3rd. Terrell Burgess is another mid round S to consider. 

OT or WR is where i believe we need to go in the 2nd. 

Still a lot of talent on the board at receiver

I might look guard this year over tackle, as it seems Reiff will be around, and it would do good to solidify the pocket in front of Cousins.

Edited by RpMc

3 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

Ashtyn Davis is a guy id like in the 3rd. Terrell Burgess is another mid round S to consider. 

OT or WR is where i believe we need to go in the 2nd. 

I would be pretty pissed if they got Ashytn Davis or Burgess at safety.  Both are not that good of players, Bynum was the DB worth a damn on Cal and he is not in this draft, those safeties Hawkins and Davis were nothing special I do not think, and same with Burgess, Blackmon is the good safety for Utah not Burgess.

And if we pass on the stud RBs here just because they play RB, that is foolish when they all has 1st round potential.  Wilson is gone at OT, if Prince Tega Wanogho is there it would be hard passing on him.  And sucks if Gallimore falls, he could be a stud DT but is clearly not a need now.  

39 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

He came in to the niners forum, asked if he was available, we said unlikely, he offered the third and we said yes eventually. 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

He came in to the niners forum, asked if he was available, we said unlikely, he offered the third and we said yes eventually. 

That was kind of foolish, you just lost your starting CB, unless you think Witherspoon is the starter which now he has to be along with Sherman.  But Williams is a decent slot guy and Reed has potential I guess.  You stole Epenesa though, surprised you did not take Gallimore though but Epenesa is a better value.  Would be interesting to see if Solomon Thomas can become a more legit player as a DT instead of a edge guy.

Must say other teams being able to eavesdrop on whatever war room you want should be cheating in some way, oh well.

26 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I would be pretty pissed if they got Ashytn Davis or Burgess at safety.  Both are not that good of players, Bynum was the DB worth a damn on Cal and he is not in this draft, those safeties Hawkins and Davis were nothing special I do not think, and same with Burgess, Blackmon is the good safety for Utah not Burgess.

And if we pass on the stud RBs here just because they play RB, that is foolish when they all has 1st round potential.  Wilson is gone at OT, if Prince Tega Wanogho is there it would be hard passing on him.  And sucks if Gallimore falls, he could be a stud DT but is clearly not a need now.  

I respect Jordan Reid (the twitter NFL draft scout) and he raves about Burgess. Seems like a player that could also potentially play in the slot. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/terrell-burgess?id=32194255-5210-2577-4960-9b8e33e83c2a For those who maybe dont know who he is. 

On Davis, he is as physically gifted as any safety in the draft & will make for an excellent FS. Probably not a box guy, but very good in coverage. https://www.rotoworld.com/college-football/nfl-draft/player/49588/ashtyn-davis A little piece on him.