Vikings FFMD20 War Room

RpMc

5 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

What about burgess for our glaring hole at safety?

Draft a safety with really only one year as a starter for his team and one INT over his four year career.  Mind you he only really played a great deal this past season.  Outside of his 40 time I barely even noticed him on the field.  

Just now, RpMc said:

In the scenario you've put out there, Evans would take Abdullah's spot on the roster - keeping us at the four RB's we had last year, and Coleman doesn't HAVE to make the team - he was just insurance and worth it for a sixth round pick.

I'm not locked in on Evans, but was leaning that direction given his ability to impact the backfield, receiving game, and return game.

What says he is a good receiver?  Return game maybe but they did just resign Abdullah this offseason.   If one is going for a back you have two big time backs, maybe even four there but again that would be a shock to be a RB here honestly.  Later rounds as a filler sure but do what you wish.  

Just doing some snooping on Burgess as I've seen him play, but hadn't researched his background - teammates speak glowingly of him - Fotu said he was the best player on the defense, and Jaylon Johnson said he's the smartest dude he's been around - only 8 missed tackles in 800 snaps last year is near tops for a safety.

Just now, Ozzy said:

What says he is a good receiver?  Return game maybe but they did just resign Abdullah this offseason.   If one is going for a back you have two big time backs, maybe even four there but again that would be a shock to be a RB here honestly.  Later rounds as a filler sure but do what you wish.  

Watching him play says he's a good receiver? The fact that he spent time in both the RB/WR meeting rooms shows he's practiced the craft, and Abdullah was signed to a minimum salary benefit deal.

Just now, RpMc said:

Just doing some snooping on Burgess as I've seen him play, but hadn't researched his background - teammates speak glowingly of him - Fotu said he was the best player on the defense, and Jaylon Johnson said he's the smartest dude he's been around - only 8 missed tackles in 800 snaps last year is near tops for a safety.

Im a fan. But I’m also a big Darrell Taylor fan as he has that explosive first step and a big toolbox for zim and Patterson to work with. I think it comes down to those two. 

that said, I also like JR reed from Georgia as a safety later on

Just now, battle2heaven said:

Im a fan. But I’m also a big Darrell Taylor fan as he has that explosive first step and a big toolbox for zim and Patterson to work with. I think it comes down to those two. 

Alright, I'll trust ya and go with Burgess - like I said, I do like Taylor too.

Just now, battle2heaven said:

Julian Blackmon has more player experience, better ball skills, more consistent production for a longer period of time and is better in coverage.  Look at the difference in stats alone, much less the fact a year before now I doubt anyone knew who Burgess even was as a prospect.  Much less almost non existent as SOPH or FR.  

Edited by Ozzy

1 minute ago, battle2heaven said:

No go Taylor! And JR reed later on!

Decided on Burgess after researching the background in addition to the cut ups I watched (doesn't hurt that he's relatively well regarded on the aggregate board too) - there's a group of three edge guys that I like, and if they start to go I'll make a play for one.

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

Decided on Burgess after researching the background in addition to the cut ups I watched (doesn't hurt that he's relatively well regarded on the aggregate board too) - there's a group of three edge guys that I like, and if they start to go I'll make a play for one.

Sounds good. Ozzys about to throw a dumbbell at you tho