95. JONATHAN GREENARD OLB FLORIDA
96. BEN BREDESON OG MICHIGAN
97. LEKI FOTU DT UTAH
98. DAVON HAMILTON DT OHIO STATE
99. CAM CLARK OG CHARLOTTE
100. ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM TE MISSOURI 

Edited by tannenballs
  • Like 2

Much appreciated. I always value your opinions. In a quick scan of that list quite a few guys higher than the norm. I knew you really liked Josh Jones. Two others who stood out above typical were JR Reed and the FIU quarterback. I'm intrigued by Reed and have been trying to make a case for him. The Dolphins have fared well with Georgia safeties, Reed looks the part for the modern NFL with the long arms and wingspan. I think the overaged aspect is dropping his rating, and logically so. He's 3 years older than some of these guys.

• Like 1

Formatting needs work, but not the end of the world.

1 hour ago, tannenballs said:

Best pass protector in the draft. It was a close call between him and Andrew Thomas

I mean, I can't imagine walking away and looking at this OT class and say he's at best the 4th best OT in the class.  Down the road?  Sure.  Right now?  Not a chance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Formatting needs work, but not the end of the world.

I mean, I can't imagine walking away and looking at this OT class and say he's at best the 4th best OT in the class.  Down the road?  Sure.  Right now?  Not a chance.

Sorry not sure what you mean Cwood?

30 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Your cap locks button broken? :D

*CWood, what was your point about walking away with the 4th OT? Didn't understand your point. 

As for formatting, it's a lot to type out on my phone, so I just left caps lock on lol

Just now, tannenballs said:

*CWood, what was your point about walking away with the 4th OT? Didn't understand your point.

I don't see a real strong argument that he's better than Thomas, Wirfs, or Wills.  I get the upside, but the floor is significantly lower than those three.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't see a real strong argument that he's better than Thomas, Wirfs, or Wills.  I get the upside, but the floor is significantly lower than those three.

He only gave up 4 pressures on the season and dominated the Senior Bowl. I can see an argument for any of those guys, as I think all have Pro Bowl potential. 

I'm not going to pretend I'm some expert. That's just what I saw. Hope you're doing well in these times. 

That's very high on the Connecticut tackle Matt Peart. I noticed him when I attended a Connecticut/Massachusetts game in late 2018. It was played during a nor'easter so there was much more running than normal. Connecticut only threw the ball a handful of times all game. During all the scrums I saw that the right tackle had considerably more length and athletic ability than anyone else on that field. The reps really varied from play to play depending whether Peart had to extend or not. His arms are incredibly long but he didn't know what to do with them. In looking at the scouting reports from 2019 it looks like that is still an issue but he markedly improved this season.

I didn't think I was looking at a first round guy. But there are always surprises at that position with long athletic upside guys shoved above some of the safer picks.

Also I noted that Jacob Eason is absent from your rankings. I agree with that. Let him do whatever he wants as long as it isn't on the Dolphins. I don't want to suffer through a learning curve like that from a quarterback with no touch. HoboRocket had an excellent summary of Eason recently in the quarterback thread. 

Edited by Awsi Dooger
  • Like 2

Please remember that Josh Jones is 2 years older than the concensous top 4 OTs. That's significant enough in such a loaded class. Austin Jackson is among the youngest - if not the youngest - player in the whole draft and could be ranked ahead of Jones as well if you like him. I don't see much as much ceiling with Jones. And it's not that his floor is very high to start with - he needs some work as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

That's very high on the Connecticut tackle Matt Peart. I noticed him when I attended a Connecticut/Massachusetts game in late 2018. It was played during a nor'easter so there was much more running that normal. Connecticut only threw the ball a handful of times all game. During all the scrums I saw that the right tackle had considerably more length and athletic ability than anyone else on that field. The reps really varied from play to play depending whether Peart had to extend or not. His arms are incredibly long but he didn't know what to do with them. In looking at the scouting reports from 2019 it looks like that is still an issue but he markedly improved this season.

I didn't think I was looking at a first round guy. But there are always surprises at that position with long athletic upside guys shoved above some of the safer picks.

Also I noted that Jacob Eason is absent from your rankings. I agree with that. Let him do whatever he wants as long as it isn't on the Dolphins. I don't want to suffer through a learning curve like that from a quarterback with no touch. @HoboRocket had an excellent summary of Eason recently in the quarterback thread. 

Aww, thanks.

@tannenballs, I respect your views overall. I think that Josh Jones is definitely a top-20 prospect, so overall ranking isn't too far off from where I'd put him, though he's my OT5. My top 100 would probably have 18 or so tackles in it; this class is simply loaded at the position. The only OT that you have in the top-100 that I typically wouldn't include is Alex Taylor; I haven't scouted him specifically, though, so perhaps he's a good prospect. Do you see Washington OT Trey Adams as undraftable? He's easily a first-rounder based off his on-field play, but those injuries are insane.

I love the respect that you're showing to James Morgan. He's legit, and I wouldn't blink if a team "reached" on him in the early third, or even second round. He was great in college and played fantastic football at the Shrine and then showed off a live-arm at the Combine. He really spins the ball when he throws it, but it's still a very catchable ball. One note is how seamlessly he transitioned at the Shrine practices with a group of pass-catchers that he'd never met before. He made them all look good, and they made him look good in return. Chemistry. That's a hugely important trait at the NFL level. I was also very impressed with his feel for receivers at the Combine. It only served to confirm what I saw at FIU; this guy is the real deal. He has good accuracy, good velocity, good range, throws a very catchable ball, has great size, and has experience in a pro scheme with spread concepts. That matches like 90% of NFL offenses these days, and the ones that it doesn't match are even more QB-friendly. He's charismatic and interviewed very well. There's not really a box that this guy doesn't check from a traits and intangibles standpoint. He doesn't have a whole lot of experience with big-time competition. His mobility is probably good enough, but doesn't project to be top-level in the NFL. Overall, I think he could be the guy in this class that surprises and ends up starting football games and being a competent NFL starting QB. He has the upside to be a top-12 or so QB.

It gets me very frustrated when all these Twitter draftniks that chart passes include their top-8 draft-eligible QBs and have Nate Stanley, Steven Montez, or Brian Lewerke in their charts but don't even acknowledge Morgan's existence. Heck, it seems like even Shea Patterson has been more relevant to the media throughout the process. Morgan is better than all of those guys, though, and deserves more attention.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Aww, thanks.

@tannenballs, I respect your views overall. I think that Josh Jones is definitely a top-20 prospect, so overall ranking isn't too far off from where I'd put him, though he's my OT5. My top 100 would probably have 18 or so tackles in it; this class is simply loaded at the position. The only OT that you have in the top-100 that I typically wouldn't include is Alex Taylor; I haven't scouted him specifically, though, so perhaps he's a good prospect. Do you see Washington OT Trey Adams as undraftable? He's easily a first-rounder based off his on-field play, but those injuries are insane.

I love the respect that you're showing to James Morgan. He's legit, and I wouldn't blink if a team "reached" on him in the early third, or even second round. He was great in college and played fantastic football at the Shrine and then showed off a live-arm at the Combine. He really spins the ball when he throws it, but it's still a very catchable ball. One note is how seamlessly he transitioned at the Shrine practices with a group of pass-catchers that he'd never met before. He made them all look good, and they made him look good in return. Chemistry. That's a hugely important trait at the NFL level. I was also very impressed with his feel for receivers at the Combine. It only served to confirm what I saw at FIU; this guy is the real deal. He has good accuracy, good velocity, good range, throws a very catchable ball, has great size, and has experience in a pro scheme with spread concepts. That matches like 90% of NFL offenses these days, and the ones that it doesn't match are even more QB-friendly. He's charismatic and interviewed very well. There's not really a box that this guy doesn't check from a traits and intangibles standpoint. He doesn't have a whole lot of experience with big-time competition. His mobility is probably good enough, but doesn't project to be top-level in the NFL. Overall, I think he could be the guy in this class that surprises and ends up starting football games and being a competent NFL starting QB. He has the upside to be a top-12 or so QB.

It gets me very frustrated when all these Twitter draftniks that chart passes include their top-8 draft-eligible QBs and have Nate Stanley, Steven Montez, or Brian Lewerke in their charts but don't even acknowledge Morgan's existence. Heck, it seems like even Shea Patterson has been more relevant to the media throughout the process. Morgan is better than all of those guys, though, and deserves more attention.

Yeah I think James Morgan could end up the steal of the draft. 

If you go back and watch Washington vs Alabama in the CFB Playoffs Adams looked like a top 10 pick. I just think the injuries really took away all his athletic ability.