TOP 100 BIG BOARD

tannenballs

On 4/3/2020 at 6:51 PM, Fullback said:

Please remember that Josh Jones is 2 years older than the concensous top 4 OTs. That's significant enough in such a loaded class. Austin Jackson is among the youngest - if not the youngest - player in the whole draft and could be ranked ahead of Jones as well if you like him. I don't see much as much ceiling with Jones. And it's not that his floor is very high to start with - he needs some work as well.

Jones has what Jackson doesn't though.  That nasty streak, wanting to put the other guy in the dirt. On raw talent, Jackson is up there with any of the top OT in the draft, but I don't think he has the dog in him. That's something you can't teach. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

Jones has what Jackson doesn't though.  That nasty streak, wanting to put the other guy in the dirt. On raw talent, Jackson is up there with any of the top OT in the draft, but I don't think he has the dog in him. That's something you can't teach. 

I 100% believe that's why Chance Warmack was a bust.  Dude had every physical tool to be elite.  And he had no issues learning a playbook.  But he had no nasty to him whatsoever.  He was too nice.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I 100% believe that's why Chance Warmack was a bust.  Dude had every physical tool to be elite.  And he had no issues learning a playbook.  But he had no nasty to him whatsoever.  He was too nice.

I think you need that on the inside. Not sure if you do on the outside. Not sure I would have ever classified Joe Staley as nasty and he did fine. It's a good question though

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think you need that on the inside. Not sure if you do on the outside. Not sure I would have ever classified Joe Staley as nasty and he did fine. It's a good question though

You have to be able to flip a switch.  Warmack didn't have a switch.