Cowboys sign Aldon Smith

BayRaider

This is so weird that this happened now.  

I was thinking just last week, "who was that grasshopper dude that played outside linebacker for San Francisco a while back?"  

No seriously, he was an absolute goliath when he played for San Fran.  

I mean, fastest player in league history to garner 30+ sacks.  

He was an intimidating looking linebacker for his height.  And, 265 lbs too. 

I would be petrified to have to block him.  

Edited by RamblinMan99

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Yes, the Cowboys believe they can help people change and better themselves. They have an entire section of the front office dedicated to rehabilitation and personal growth.

Oh yeah, a real charity, them Cowboys! :D And what a calm, secure, tranquil atmosphere where these guys can just find some peace of mind, and do some soul searching.

Ezekiel Elliott - His suspension is 100% horsesheet, so I am not even going to address it.

Accused of domestic violence ("oh but he wasn't charged!"), handcuffed for pushing a dude at a concert, involved in an altercation at a bar that ended up with a guy in the hospital.  Appeared in 4 police reports between 2014-2017. I'm not saying lock him up and throw away the key, but there have been many incidences that this dude has been involved in that point to him, at best, having HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE decision making, and at worst, dangerous to others.

Dez Bryant - His "redflag" before getting drafted was having dinner with an NFL player. Again, as I said, no egregious. 

Arrested for assaulting his mom, and besides that he always flirted with that line, and basically had to have a babysitter appointed by the Cowboys. There was also that massive rumor about an incident caught on videotape. Severe red flags at least, and enough to call his character into question.

McClain - Was cut at the first sign of trouble

No he wasn't. He was suspended in the summer of 2016 (that would probably what I would qualify as a "sign of trouble", disregarding all of the signs prior to joining the Cowboys, including a suspension that he served with the Cowboys). He wasn't released until September of 2019.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He wasn't an incredible player for the half season he was a Raider fwiw.

Well, you know that old catchy saying in many NFL circles:

"If you can't succeed on the Raiders, you could still probably succeed in a ton of other places."

I think that's how it goes.

My favorite Aldon Smith moment. The context being, I think there was a lot of controversy and discussion going on regarding showboating and being flagged for excessive celebrations...

EDIT - guess you'll have to click the link and watch it on the 'Tube.

Edited by DannyB

14 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Oh yeah, a real charity, them Cowboys! :D And what a calm, secure, tranquil atmosphere where these guys can just find some peace of mind, and do some soul searching.

Believe it or not, the Cowboys probably do as much, or more, than any other team in the NFL for their players. 

Accused of domestic violence ("oh but he wasn't charged!"), handcuffed for pushing a dude at a concert, involved in an altercation at a bar that ended up with a guy in the hospital.  Appeared in 4 police reports between 2014-2017. I'm not saying lock him up and throw away the key, but there have been many incidences that this dude has been involved in that point to him, at best, having HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE decision making, and at worst, dangerous to others.

The suspension is horsesheet. What about that sentence was confusing? I didnt say he isnt an arse. He is clearly a jerk. 

Arrested for assaulting his mom, and besides that he always flirted with that line, and basically had to have a babysitter appointed by the Cowboys. There was also that massive rumor about an incident caught on videotape. Severe red flags at least, and enough to call his character into question.

You didnt really follow the story did you? The alleged story was he walked in to his home and his mother and brother were doing/about to do drugs. It turned into a yelling/pushing match. Somehow his mom got hit *with a baseball hat* that left no marks/bruising/damage at all. 

The "Dez Rules" were not enforced by the Cowboys. *DEZ HIMSELF* made them as a personal guidelines and then hired bodyguards that he paid for personally. 

So. Try again. You are wrong here. 

No he wasn't. He was suspended in the summer of 2016 (that would probably what I would qualify as a "sign of trouble", disregarding all of the signs prior to joining the Cowboys, including a suspension that he served with the Cowboys). He wasn't released until September of 2019.

McClains last snap for the Cowboys was in 2015. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

He's a Cowboy fan; hence the delusional behavior. Let him strut.

I mean he’s putting logical points out there for everyone to disagree or agree to.

One can really question if he is being delusional or you are but hey let me not crash your cowboy bashing agenda.

gotta keep busy somehow during this quarantine! I understand!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Believe it or not, the Cowboys probably do as much, or more, than any other team in the NFL for their players.

This sounds like a classic statement that isn't really able to be proven or disproven, so I'll ignore that part of it. I'll just say this: They probably have to be, because considering the characters they regularly bring in, the friggin' National Guard would have to be called in to maintain order xD

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

The suspension is horsesheet. What about that sentence was confusing? I didnt say he isnt an arse. He is clearly a jerk. 

Suspension or no suspension, his behavior has been/is quite concerning.

You didnt really follow the story did you? The alleged story was he walked in to his home and his mother and brother were doing/about to do drugs. It turned into a yelling/pushing match. Somehow his mom got hit *with a baseball hat* that left no marks/bruising/damage at all. 

The "Dez Rules" were not enforced by the Cowboys. *DEZ HIMSELF* made them as a personal guidelines and then hired bodyguards that he paid for personally. 

So. Try again. You are wrong here. 

Of course. Ladies and gentlemen: Dez Bryant, mild-mannered, even-keeled Boy Scout.

McClains last snap for the Cowboys was in 2015. 

Due to suspensions. Then the Cowboys waited around, seeing what developed, until 2019. "Cut at the first sign of trouble", hahaha! That's rich.

Dude, just admit the Cowboys lean more heavily towards being okay with talent even if it comes with baggage, compared to most of the league. You aren't the only team. Hell, the reigning Super Bowl champions have two absolute scumbags who start for them.

• Like 1

He is a talented football player.

He was a bad dude, but he's paid for it so he gets a second chance.

That SF D was LOADED around him.

• They had 5 other pro bowl players playing with him in that lineup in each of 2011, 2012, and 2013.

Think of him as a 6 sack a year guy they are pulling off the scrap pile. He's not on Robert Quinn's level.

If his head is on straight he will help the Cowboys in their rotation as a 4-8 sack player.

Maybe Bruce Irvin is a better comp for him.

8 minutes ago, DannyB said:

This sounds like a classic statement that isn't really able to be proven or disproven, so I'll ignore that part of it. I'll just say this: They probably have to be, because considering the characters they regularly bring in, the friggin' National Guard would have to be called in to maintain order xD

Well, I mean, it can kinda be proven. Not very many other teams have dedicated groups for rehab. Not very many owners are as loved by the players as Jerry. And you are once again over exaggerating, because not very many teams have as few arrest as the Cowboys.

Suspension or no suspension, his behavior has been/is quite concerning.

Yup. Zekes a ****.

Of course. Ladies and gentlemen: Dez Bryant, mild-mannered, even-keeled Boy Scout.

Nobody ever said that. I just tried to educate your ignorance on the subject.

Due to suspensions. Then the Cowboys waited around, seeing what developed, until 2019. "Cut at the first sign of trouble", hahaha! That's rich.

The team severed ties from him. Didnt allow him at the facilities. 

Dude, just admit the Cowboys lean more heavily towards being okay with talent even if it comes with baggage, compared to most of the league. You aren't the only team. Hell, the reigning Super Bowl champions have two absolute scumbags who start for them.

y u no read gud? I already said that 5 hours ago.

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Yes, the Cowboys believe they can help people change and better themselves. They have an entire section of the front office dedicated to rehabilitation and personal growth.

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Well, I mean, it can kinda be proven. Not very many other teams have dedicated groups for rehab. Not very many owners are as loved by the players as Jerry. And you are once again over exaggerating, because not very many teams have as few arrest as the Cowboys.

The Cowboys are in like the top 5 in arrests over the past five years.

Then I decided to pick a time in the middle of the last decade, since that's kinda the era that I'm referring to, so I landed on October 1st 2014, didn't feel like clicking anymore. Just wanted to see. Since October 1st, 2014, the Dallas Cowboys have the SECOND most arrests out of all franchises in the NFL.

And for the record, simply going by arrests is only one measure of what I think most of us here are trying to get across to you.

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

y u no read gud? I already said that 5 hours ago.

THEN WHY ARE YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH WHEN PEOPLE ARE MAKING THAT OBSERVATION?

"Oop, there go the Cowboys, signing another guy with a checkered past"

-"Hey SHUT UP! You're so off base! That's just...what they do!"

• Like 2