Cowboys sign Aldon Smith

BayRaider

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

The Cowboys are in like the top 5 in arrests over the past five years.

Then I decided to pick a time in the middle of the last decade, since that's kinda the era that I'm referring to, so I landed on October 1st 2014, didn't feel like clicking anymore. Just wanted to see. Since October 1st, 2014, the Dallas Cowboys have the SECOND most arrests out of all franchises in the NFL.

They are bottom 10 in the 2000's (20 years). You have a weird way of looking at things. You picked 5 years.... and then verified it by looking at 5 years.

And for the record, simply going by arrests is only one measure of what I think most of us here are trying to get across to you.

I already acknowledged this... again.. like 5 hours ago. Man, you really do need to read more thoroughly. 

THEN WHY ARE YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH WHEN PEOPLE ARE MAKING THAT OBSERVATION?

........ Really. Do read again. I said that we believe we can rehab people with checkered past and that they havent been arrested with us often.

"Oop, there go the Cowboys, signing another guy with a checkered past"

-"Hey SHUT UP! You're so off base! That's just...what they do!"

This was never said. This is like the 5th time youve strawmanned your own ridiculous comment.

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

They are bottom 10 in the 2000's (20 years). You have a weird way of looking at things. You picked 5 years.... and then verified it by looking at 5 years.

5 years is April 2nd 2015, so I guess I tacked on 6 months. I just started scrolling for a bit and landed there. And yes, for the first decade of the 2000s the arrests were VERY low for the Cowboys. I think there was a period of time, after the chaos of those 90s teams, where Jerry probably dialed it back a bit. But then after a decade of near-irrelevance, decided to loosen things up a bit. Could also just be random, I dunno. But there's no denying that over the past 5+ years the Cowboys have been much more open to "character risks".

So people are pointing out that Jerry brings in lots of guys with character issues. And you're near the top of the league in arrests going back about 5 years or so, when, in my mind's eye, this trend started (bringing in McClain). So...what's the problem? What are you so mad about? You just don't like people from other fanbases pointing it out? I could talk crap about players that other teams are choosing to employ. Hell, I could even name a few jackasses that have been on Green Bay over the years if it would help you feel better.

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

So...what's the problem? What are you so mad about?

Primarily your inability to read without twisting what I say.

You just don't like people from other fanbases pointing it out?

Its a false narrative. Even if you look at 5 years, its 7 total arrest. All but 2 of them were for weed/alcohol. Of those 2, neither player is on our roster anymore. 

And - just fyi - 7 arrest isnt some absurd number. Over half the league had between 4 - 9 arrest. 

I could talk crap about players that other teams are choosing to employ. Hell, I could even name a few jackasses that have been on Green Bay over the years if it would help you feel better.

I dont need to feel better, thanks bro. Im fine. 

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

And - just fyi - 7 arrest isnt some absurd number. Over half the league had between 4 - 9 arrest. 

Is this just speculation? Because I'd argue the numbers don't support this at all.

• Like 1

Isn't Weed going to be acceptable now with the New CBA? Nothing wrong with Dallas signing another Pothead in Hope's that at least one of the two between Aldon Smith and Randy Gregory pans out! 

They're just hedging their bets! ⌛ Smart! ♨️🚬

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its from th NFLarrest website. Why did you think the numbers wouldnt support it?

800+ players with 4+ arrests? I mean, unless you're looking at arrests that happened under the age of 18, that seems very excessive.

Do you have a link to your source?

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

32 teams with 4+ arrest over the last 5 years. 

http://nflarrest.com/

From 2000 to 2020. That two decades worth of data would have been important to disclose...

Edit: When you reset it to 5 years, there are zero players with 4 arrests - Reuben Foster is leading with 3.

J5vZz0u.jpg

zKOjxYQ.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

From 2000 to 2020. That two decades worth of data would have been important to disclose...

...... you been drinking friendo? You can set the time frame to 5 years in the drop down - which is what Danny was arguing. Then hover over the team name and it will tell you what the arrest were for. 

As I said, for the past 20 years Dallas has had bottom tier arrest. For the past 5 years (Dannys Argument) its been on the high end, but not egregiously high. Its mostly because our DL are pot heads. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

...... you been drinking friendo? You can set the time frame to 5 years in the drop down - which is what Danny was arguing. Then hover over the team name and it will tell you what the arrest were for. 

As I said, for the past 20 years Dallas has had bottom tier arrest. For the past 5 years (Dannys Argument) its been on the high end, but not egregiously high. Its mostly because our DL are pot heads. 

Check the edits - I updated for 4/2/2015 to 4/2/2020, and Reuben Foster leads the pack with three arrests - not 4-9. 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Check the edits - I updated for 4/2/2015 to 4/2/2020, and Reuben Foster leads the pack with three arrests - not 4-9. 

......... ET..... bro....

Over half of the 32 *NFL TEAMS* have had 4+ arrest. I am not talking about an individual player. 

Edited by Matts4313

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

OK, I see the disconnect now. This reads as in "half the league" as in 848 of the 1,696 players. Not "half the league" as in 16 of the 32 teams. 

I blame Covid-19.

• Like 1