• Young Frankenstein
    • M*A*S*H
    • The Bad News Bears
    • Blazing Saddles
    • Up in Smoke
    • Monty Pythons Holy Grail
    • Life of Brian

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/03/2020 at 08:00 PM

In this thread we will be deciding the 5th entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Comedy movie from the 1970s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Poll is up and there can only be one! Keep in mind the amount of votes the winner receives will help determine seeding in the bracket, so dont stop voting for the movie you think deserve the spot because its winning by a landslide, your vote will still count! Polling will close Friday, 4/3/2020 at 4pm EST. 

@Calvert28  @Pickle Rick@THE DUKE @FinneasGage @FourThreeMafia  @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Voted The Jerk.

The funniest scenes are the most underrated scenes.  Like that scene where Bernadette Peters counted down like, 

“One... Two... 3,4,5,6!”

She really was an underrated comedic actress.  

I agree

"I dont care about losing all the money. Losing all the stuuuff"

Gosh this one hurt.  As much as I love Blazing Saddles, and as much as I love "The Holy Grail" (my 23 y.o. son had the entire film memorized when he was about 9), I had to go with my all-time favorite.  

I absolutely idolized John Belushi, and he died when I was in Navy Basic Training.  I got a letter from my mom about it, and well let's just say, Company Commanders aren't all that sympathetic.

For you, John.  

For you young pups, here's the explanation for this tune.  

8 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail really brought the WTF LMAO to comedy. 

It is a very consistently funny film, only real part where it takes a down tick is the very end few.  But from start through the middle are consistently funny scenes over and over again. 

Galahad being brought out of Castle Anthrax was great!

LAUNCELOT:  Yes you were, you were in terrible peril.
  GALAHAD:  Look, let me go back in there and face the peril.
  LAUNCELOT:  No, it's too perilous.

This is arguably one of the funniest scenes, and the entire Castle in the swamp story was great, especially when Lancelot came it and killed almost everyone to save that dude.

• Like 1