You can mock my mock!

SteelKing728

Free Agency/Trades:

Packers trade pick 1. 30 for Brandin Cooks

Packers make another move and trade for Josh Rosen, coughing up a 5th.

Gruden "dumps" Carr and gets a 2nd from New England for him.

Cam Newton signs with...Jacksonville? Why?

Winston loses big, signing a deal with Steelers to back up Roethlisberger.

Clowney to Jets without breaking the bank.

Antonio Brown to Philly. They take the WR position seriously in 2020.

Draft:

1. Cincinnati  - Joe Burrow [QB] LSU - Top need. Burrow kinda plays like young Tony Romo. He is Cincy's 15 year plan at QB

2. Washington  - Chase Young [EDGE] Ohio State - Best player in the draft and after fielding calls, Washington makes the right choice.

3. Miami  - Tua Tagovailoa [QB] Alabama - Miami needs to get things right. They've set themselves up right but need a long term QB, which is not Josh Rosen for them.

4. NY Giants  - Isaiah Simmons [LB] Clemson - Gettleman doesn't draft OL high, so this pick makes perfect sense for them.

5. Detroit  - Jeffrey Okudah [CB] Ohio State. - Patricia needs to do it right and they get their guy at 5 instead of 3 while also getting great value back. Miami comes out -400 points on this trade

6. LA Chargers  - Justin Herbert [QB] Oregon - I don't really care for Herbert but they need a QB. Sitting behind Tyrod will help though.

7. Cleveland - Tristan Wirfs [OT] Iowa - Cleveland makes a move to get their guy. No excuses this year from them.

8. Arizona  - Andrew Thomas [OT] Georgia - The (future) most electric offense just got their stud LT for the next decade. With enough help up front, Murray is a darkhorse MVP candidate

9. Denver  - CeeDee Lamb [WR] Oklahoma - Trade! Denver takes the best WR in this class and puts forth the 1b. best WR duo in the league besides Tampa.

10. Carolina - Derrick Brown [DT] Alabama - The trade back still gets them their guy while also accumulating more picks. Carolina has plenty of holes and need all the help they can get.

11. NY Jets  - Henry Ruggs III [WR] Alabama - Dumb, but very Jetsy.

12. Las Vegas  - Jerry Jeudy [WR] Alabama - No complaints getting the 2nd best WR in this draft. Jeudy fills the void of #1 WR that the Raiders were expecting from Antonio Brown

13. San Francisco (From Indianapolis) - Jedrick Wills [OT] Alabama - Jimmy G has a short leash but at least Frisco sets the next guy up for success.

14. Tampa Bay  - Mekhi Becton [OT] Louisville - More help for the G.O.A.T. Tampa is going to surprise a lot of people this season.

15. Jacksonville - Javon Kinlaw [DT] South Carolina - Trading back continues to work, as Jacksonville still gets their guy. 

16. Minnesota - C.J. Henderson [CB] Florida - SURPRISE! Zimmer trades up for a CB. I bet you never saw that one coming!!

17. Dallas  - Xavier McKinney Alabama - Fills a need. Dallas secondary very underwhelming.

18. Detroit (From Miami thru Pittsburgh) - L'Kaivon Chaisson [Edge] LSU - Patricia gets his pass rusher after winning a huge haul early.

19. Las Vegas (From Chicago) - Jordan Love [QB] Utah State - Gruden loves QB, and he'll love Love.

20. Jacksonville (From LA Rams) - Kristian Fulton [CB] LSU - Someone has to fill Ramsey's shoes...or at least Buoye's

21. Philadelphia  - Denzel Mims [WR] Baylor - Philly's WR corps was awful. Its now great

22. Atlanta (From Minnesota thru Buffalo) - A.J. Epenesa [EDGE] Iowa - Maybe not the best fit but they need help at Edge and get more picks to accumulate talent. look for an early trade up round 2. 

23. New England  - Patrick Murray [LB] Oklahoma - They trade the #2 and still get a solid option at replacing Collins. Very New Englandy (Jets, follow suit)

24. New Orleans  - AJ Terrell [CB] Clemson - While Eason is entertaining, Terrell fills a need. Saints get their guy in round 3. They wont hurt for long at the position.

25. Minnesota  - Justin Jefferson [WR] LSU - Spielman should probably take Jones or Jackson at OT here, but opts to take Jefferson to replace Diggs. Jefferson has a lot of natural talent though and good #2.

26. Miami (From Houston) - Austin Jackson [OT] USC - Gotta protect Tua (and Fitzmagic)

27. Seattle  - Yetur Gross-Matos [EDGE] Penn State - They lose Clowney but get a young healthier player instead. Gross-Motos seems streaky but Seattle has a huge need.

28. Baltimore  - Patrick Queen [LB] LSU - Linebackers look like the only weakness on this team. More maturity from the offense and this is probably your SB favorites right here.

29. Tennessee  - Zach Baun [LB] Wisconsin - Fills a need. I'd love this pick back in 2005. Not so much in 2020.

30. Los Angeles Rams (From Green Bay)  - Jalen Raegor [WR] TCU - Hilariously enough, the Rams trade Cook just so that they can get out of his contract and pick Raegor. Rodgers gets his top #2 receiver

31. San Francisco  - Jeff Gladney [CB] TCU - Sherman can't play forever

32. Kansas City  - D'Andre Swift [RB] Georgia - most dynamic back on the most dynamic team. Chiefs fans, you truly are spoiled.

Edited by SteelKing728
Not sure how to fix. Why is half of my stuff crossed off!?!?
  • Like 1

I don't mind the trade we did and i personally do like AJ but Edge isn't way up on our needs anymore after picking up Fowler in FA.  We can always still use one but we need a LB much more than a DE at this point.  The reason we are so high on Chassion right now is because he can play SLB and still rush the passer not because he is a edge player.   With Chassion gone and us trading down i would target Kenneth Murray, Patrick Queen, or Zack Baun there as all 3 can play SLB for us.   Epenesa would be a good target if all those are gone or in round 2 as massive steal and BPA type thing.    Also AJ isn't a bad fit at all like you said he's a pretty good fit in general if the need was higher like it was before the Fowler signing.   As of right now the Falcons starting SLB is Edwards Robinson who we signed 3 days ago or so from an XFL team lol.  Aka he might not even make the 1st cuts so we probably don't have a SLB on the team right now xD

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Gruden "dumps" Carr and gets a 2nd from New England for him.

Well this didn't go well from the get go!

Pats don't have a 2nd RD pick and they don't have any cap space !  Your crazy if you think BB would readjust his Cap for one player. 

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

The trade from both the Rams and Packers' perspective is just all kinds of FUBAR.  No one is offering a 1st for Cooks with his concussion history.  And the Rams wouldn't dump Cooks for a pick just to turn around and use that same pick on his position.  They might supplement from this deep receiver class later on, but trading away Cooks (and eating the dead money to do it) just to turn around and draft Reagor is myopic thinking.  More likely, if they even got a 1st for Cooks they'd be using that pick to address a more pressing need either in the LB corps or on the OL (now that we're healthy there, it's not so cut and dry as people think that we'd be drafting just to draft there).

In an instance like this, I wouldn't put it past Les Snead (given that he has two 3rds) to possibly be looking to package one of them with 1-30 and try to move up for someone like Murray, Baun, or (not gonna happen, but he'd at least inquire if he could get higher enough to get...) Chaisson.

22. Atlanta (From Minnesota thru Buffalo) - A.J. Epenesa [EDGE] Iowa - Maybe not the best fit but they need help at Edge and get more picks to accumulate talent. look for an early trade up round 2. 

While I don't mind the Falcons going after an EDGE, I think it's more likely to be a true EDGE than a DT/DE type since they are kind of set at the DT/DE types after bringing back Allen Bailey to team with John Cominsky in that role. I'd expect the Falcons to shock people and take either Terrell Lewis or Yetur Gross-Matos if they go EDGE. However, a CB, LB or even S (Antoine Winfield Jr) all make sense if it's the right guy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, scar988 said:

While I don't mind the Falcons going after an EDGE, I think it's more likely to be a true EDGE than a DT/DE type since they are kind of set at the DT/DE types after bringing back Allen Bailey to team with John Cominsky in that role. I'd expect the Falcons to shock people and take either Terrell Lewis or Yetur Gross-Matos if they go EDGE. However, a CB, LB or even S (Antoine Winfield Jr) all make sense if it's the right guy.

Bwahahaha you came around on it a little from the earlier mock xD 

Just now, scar988 said:

I watched more of Winfield and I salivate at the idea of him as an Earl Thomas in Atlanta.

I did the same exact thing i really didn't go into te draft wanting a safety or thinking we needed one but specifically watching him made me change my thoughts and im ok with taking him like you said with a trade down or in the 2nd or 3rd for sure. I think he is just that good and fits our team that well that i can move other players if need be.